IGNORED

Clearing notification when post is viewed

Lincoln

So I make a post, and someone quotes it, I get a notification dot in the hamburger menu. I click on the bell, click on the thing, it takes me to the post and clears the notification.

However I also get a pop-up at the bottom with "x has replied to you" or whatever. If I click that, it takes me the post, so I've seen it but the notification is still there. 

Can clicking the pop-up link also clear that notification?

Can just viewing the post clear the notification?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I've noticed this myself as well. I'll put in a ticket w/ the Invision folks and see if they can adjust at the base software level.

On a similar note, is there any way to move the notification icon (bell) and messages icon to the header of the site on mobile? Or even just the notification icon? I think there's just enough room for two more icons.

I know you hate clutter, but having to scroll to the top of the page, tapping the hamburger button to open the side menu, then tapping the notification icon, then tapping the individual notification is a long run for a short slide. I would love to reduce the number of steps to check out notifications.

Food for thought.

Edited by DoctorEncore

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

On a similar note, is there any way to move the notification icon (bell) and messages icon to the header of the site on mobile? Or even just the notification icon? I think there's just enough room for two more icons.

I know you hate clutter, but having to scroll to the top of the page, tapping the hamburger button to open the side menu, then tapping the notification icon, then tapping the individual notification is a long run for a short slide. I would love to reduce the number of steps to check out notifications.

Food for thought.

I'll take a look. There's some QoL stuff I have planned for an eventual redesign/theme.

• Thanks 1