IGNORED

Gamate mod

fcgamer

Anyone here think they can develop a mod for Gamate so that I can connect it to a tv for playing, or even a back light mod might be alright.

I actually want to play the games on the machine, but on every machine Ive purchased, the screens have been horrible, making the games unplayable.

I honestly do appreciate the advice and suggestion, despite it not being what I'm looking for. 🙂 With something so obscure as this, I honestly appreciate anyone replying at all, since it's such a shot in the dark.

The thing is, Ive got about half the set in real hardware, and I'm guessing the dumping efforts on this machine are limited. It's really a shame, as many of these games actually look fun, and reminiscent of game Boy or nes games.

If you have multiple systems that you don't mind experimenting on, it's possible that a non-biverted backlight mod might be similar to the Gameboy one if the LCD is constructed in a similar way. You'd basically just need to figure out where the best place to power the LCD is. I don't have one of my own to try it out, but I think that's the easiest route to explore.

@toma: I'm definitely not tech savvy enough to try to do something like that, but sourcing a machine for experimentation (no matter what the solution) is definitely something I could do.

Actually, I also have two extra game cards. If there's some techie who thinks they can find a solution, I'd even send an extra Gamate and the two cards do they could play it themselves.

I've done a couple of GB mods in the past and they weren't all that difficult. I don't have any backlight LED panels anymore, otherwise I'd be willing to give it a shot. You'd basically just need to find out if you can peel the reflective layer off the back of the LCD. Then you slap in a polarization filter and add in the LED panel. Maybe try finding someone who's into Gameboy chiptune music? Those guys love their Gameboy mods. One of them might have an extra panel kicking around and be willing to give it a try.

Edited by toma
  • Like 1

Homebrew Team · Posted
On 2/25/2020 at 7:58 AM, fcgamer said:

The thing is, Ive got about half the set in real hardware, and I'm guessing the dumping efforts on this machine are limited. It's really a shame, as many of these games actually look fun, and reminiscent of game Boy or nes games.

Archive.org has a 58 pack of games.  So some effort has been done.

@infiniteneslives do you know of hardware to dump these games?  The wikipedia page says they are card type, similar to PCE and Sega cards.