IGNORED

What's the next big spike

DefaultGen

43 minutes ago, snk2d4ever said:

Third party hangtabs when Wata releases an article

It’s kind of funny how just knowing an article is coming already hyped the hangtabs. It’s good Wata puts out like less than one article a year I guess. James and Mike Mondays is 100% over, Wata articles are the new hype machine.

3 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

It’s kind of funny how just knowing an article is coming already hyped the hangtabs. It’s good Wata puts out like less than one article a year I guess. James and Mike Mondays is 100% over, Wata articles are the new hype machine.

Was that really a thing, James and Mike Mondays causing big price spikes?  I would have thought they stream too many games for their videos to have too much of an impact.

Honestly? Sealed SNES, and Rare Sealed NES are due for a bump (Think Samson, Dino Peak, Bonks, etc)

I think SNES fan favorites are undervalued and some of the greatest 2D games of all time are on the system.

The only reason I’m my opinion why it’s not popular already is because besides the Japanese vs Mexican print stuff, There just aren’t many “cool & easy to spot variants” to attract first print hunters.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:02 PM, epiclotus said:

Was that really a thing, James and Mike Mondays causing big price spikes?  I would have thought they stream too many games for their videos to have too much of an impact.

Yeah, about three or so years ago when loose NES collecting was at it's most fevered pitch. The video of them playing Jackie Chan's Action Kung-Fu on the NES caused the game to spike from about $30 to $100 within a few days. 

• Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

People keep relating the comic and video game world, not just NA or VGS but even in mainstream media. I wonder if earlier Nintendo Power's will start being graded at some point.

That's a good point. I imagine the existing comic grading companies might just add them to their roster if they don't already accept them.

Actually... Lol this might be someone's chance to corner that market out of the gate. Get some mags on Heritage/Certlink and make yourself rich!

4 hours ago, Rooster said:

I might be biased because I live overseas now, but I feel that as the American Nintendo market became overly competitive, people will turn their eyes to international items.  I've noticed a steady increase in the desirability of Japanese Nintendo releases over the past few years.

I second this, I've also seen many of the games on Japan rise in value especially certain Sega Saturn titles.

8 minutes ago, Gloves said:

That's a good point. I imagine the existing comic grading companies might just add them to their roster if they don't already accept them.

Actually... Lol this might be someone's chance to corner that market out of the gate. Get some mags on Heritage/Certlink and make yourself rich!

CGC does grade NP magazines

Just now, Gloves said:

Well then we're all good! *shakes everyone's hands*

Good job today everyone, we really nailed it! I'm letting everyone go home early.

*thunderous applause*

I've got a bunch of volumes numbered in the 20's so your all invited to my yacht after I get them graded through WATA and up on HA.

Pinkies up boys

4 hours ago, LastCat said:

I second this, I've also seen many of the games on Japan rise in value especially certain Sega Saturn titles.

Sega Saturn actually is one console I've completely ignored.  I have never even played a saturn game.  Is it something I should be looking into?  I see Saturn games all over the place.

21 minutes ago, Rooster said:

Sega Saturn actually is one console I've completely ignored.  I have never even played a saturn game.  Is it something I should be looking into?  I see Saturn games all over the place.

The Saturn is a popular import collecting console since the US got a lackluster library compared to Japan. I haven't been keeping up with the Saturn import scene in recent times, but the price growth and interest for Saturn imports was mostly confined to shoot-em-ups, certain fighting games, and some of the rarer Japanese titles.

14 minutes ago, Teh_Lurv said:

The Saturn is a popular import collecting console since the US got a lackluster library compared to Japan. I haven't been keeping up with the Saturn import scene in recent times, but the price growth and interest for Saturn imports was mostly confined to shoot-em-ups, certain fighting games, and some of the rarer Japanese titles.

Yep pretty much the shmups have been creeping up in price along with some of the more rare fighters as well. That being said even the most common imports are starting to follow suit.

11 hours ago, Teh_Lurv said:

Yeah, about three or so years ago when loose NES collecting was at it's most fevered pitch. The video of them playing Jackie Chan's Action Kung-Fu on the NES caused the game to spike from about $30 to $100 within a few days. 

Also Sky Kid and Palamedes. I found a copy of Sky Kid at a store during the spike, and they tried to mark it up when I was at the register. It was completely ridiculous. Had there not been a sticker that specifically stated the price I would have been boned. Hell, I bought it myself because of that video. It's a great game.

On 10/24/2019 at 3:07 PM, Rooster said:

I might be biased because I live overseas now, but I feel that as the American Nintendo market became overly competitive, people will turn their eyes to international items.  I've noticed a steady increase in the desirability of Japanese Nintendo releases over the past few years.

Ditto; I started going for a CIB Famicom set a year ago, and, at least in the Benelux, prices are 2-3x what they were summer 2018 (at auction; I've noticed a great increase in bidders).

• Like 1