IGNORED

What's for dinner, what did you cook?

fcgamer

Whipped up a delicious seafood rice for dinner.

Oysters, fish, and squid swimming about in a delicious bed of rice, which has been laced with Taiwan Gold Medal lager. Shredded carrots and seaweed add an additional complementary flavour.

On a different note, I'm about out of rice, so I need to buy another sack. I personally prefer the long grain rice from Thailand, anyone else q rice guy with opinions or thoughts?

IMG20210212214013.jpg

IMG20210212214021.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 2:47 PM, fcgamer said:

Whipped up a delicious seafood rice for dinner.

Oysters, fish, and squid swimming about in a delicious bed of rice, which has been laced with Taiwan Gold Medal lager. Shredded carrots and seaweed add an additional complementary flavour.

On a different note, I'm about out of rice, so I need to buy another sack. I personally prefer the long grain rice from Thailand, anyone else q rice guy with opinions or thoughts?

IMG20210212214013.jpg

IMG20210212214021.jpg

It's not technically rice, but I'm all about quinoa all day every day. It provides excellent energy being a complete protein as well as adds a nice caviar like texture. Not sure how common it is in taiwan, though.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 10:30 PM, SailorScoutMandy said:

Any of you wonderful internet cooking people have a preferred full puff pastry dough recipe? 😁😁😁

Sorry, I'm always scared to work with dough. It's definitely a weekend / feeling ambitious project any time I do that, so unfortunately no recipes to share.

On 2/24/2021 at 1:09 AM, noiseredux said:

dude, your food pics are works of art.

Thanks, this means a lot to me 🙂

I definitely need some work with plating, but cooking is something that I've only recently started "seriously" doing, let's say for about a year or two.

i love seeing everyone else's posts and pictures here myself, as I think we can always get new ideas, tips, and inspiration from it. 

Supper tonight: Seafood noodles. Big chunks of fish delicately mixed inside a plate of noodles, topped with a secret black bean sauce, which has nutty flavours. 

A classic garlic pepper sauce then completes the picture, adding yet another intricate layer of flavour to the meal, as well as some necessary heat.

Edit: These are the same (non instant, Taiwanense-style) noodles that I used for a meal a few posts up. This time I decided not to use any of the included sauce sachets, and just to do my own thing 100%.

You can see quite the difference between the two, and the taste was also very different.

IMG20210303195230.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Supper tonight: Seafood noodles. Big chunks of fish delicately mixed inside a plate of noodles, topped with a secret black bean sauce, which has nutty flavours. 

A classic garlic pepper sauce then completes the picture, adding yet another intricate layer of flavour to the meal, as well as some necessary heat.

Edit: These are the same (non instant, Taiwanense-style) noodles that I used for a meal a few posts up. This time I decided not to use any of the included sauce sachets, and just to do my own thing 100%.

You can see quite the difference between the two, and the taste was also very different.

IMG20210303195230.jpg

my dude, this looks incredible. How did you prepare the fish?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, noiseredux said:

my dude, this looks incredible. How did you prepare the fish?

With the fish, I'll generally do something quite similar to this recipe, in a pan.

https://dailycookingquest.com/chinese-pan-fried-fish-with-soy-sauce.html

The fish then flaked apart really easily with just a fork, I'd press down on it gently and it easily broke into nice-sized pieces.

Recently if I've been making seafood dishes, I've been including dried seaweed in it (those dark specks), it really adds to the flavour I feel.

11 hours ago, fcgamer said:

With the fish, I'll generally do something quite similar to this recipe, in a pan.

https://dailycookingquest.com/chinese-pan-fried-fish-with-soy-sauce.html

The fish then flaked apart really easily with just a fork, I'd press down on it gently and it easily broke into nice-sized pieces.

Recently if I've been making seafood dishes, I've been including dried seaweed in it (those dark specks), it really adds to the flavour I feel.

awesome, thank you - I think we're gonna add a variation on this to our dinner menu next week!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 7:41 AM, fcgamer said:

IMG20210303195230.jpg

This looks even better than the other one. I really like garlic pepper sauce, so I'm sure it tasted amazing!

• Like 1