IGNORED

What's for dinner, what did you cook?

fcgamer

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

@themisfit138: that looks really delicious, not sure I'd want to be raising my own animals to source the meat though.

IMO the ability to kill animals should be a pre-requisite for being allowed to eat meat. Not able to kill a chicken? Consider it off your menu.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/15/2020 at 8:03 PM, fcgamer said:

@themisfit138: that looks really delicious, not sure I'd want to be raising my own animals to source the meat though.

Did it to see if it was viable long term. Keeping pasture pigs is pretty easy if you only have a few. Just feed them once a day make sure they have clean water then in less then a year they are butcher ready. Now I have 300lbs of meat in my freezer. Well worth it, and good quality. 

2 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Man after my own heart. I love homemade gnocchi. 

I did realize how easy it was to make. It's very approachable and I've been making it once a week, usually the day before we go back to work. We had some frozen blueberries she wanted out of the freezer so I whipped this cobbler up for dessert too.

IMG_20200217_191608.jpg

IMG_20200217_191554.jpg

• Like 1

Nice! Only reason I dont cook gnocchi as often as id like to is there's a lot of cleanup for my tiny kitchen. And no dishwasher😞. I have to keep everything I cook at home as simple as possible or I wind up spending 2 hours a night in my kitchen.

I cook professionally also. Right now it's a nice little gig making breakfast sandwiches for a sub shop in gas station. Not my most glamorous job, but it pays the bills and it's a nice schedule. Plus I get to feed people these bad boys all morning!

20200211_060230.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...