IGNORED

What are you drinking?

Reed Rothchild

Moderator · Posted
10 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Not drinking this stuff, but I’m considering hiding it all in the store today for people to buy. 4 people will be very happy and hopefully thankful😁

76DE5015-852F-447C-A30A-F546DDC8A5EF.jpeg

Lot B is my favorite Pappy behind the 20. Nothing beats William Larue Weller for me though.

• Like 1

Cycled about 100k this morning, got sun burnt in the process, feel sore as hell. The route wasn't particularly difficult, rather I just haven't cycled since about April.

When I got home, ate a nice lunch, then grabbed a few beers for after my nap. Nothing too heavy, just Orion lager 

IMG20201128212852.jpg

• Like 2

Social Team · Posted
11 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

BW3 had it on draft a few years back. It was awful. When they first got it, they gave out samples and everyone hated it.

Honestly I don't like Hudy 14-K.  Hudy Delight (their lite beer) is pretty damn good for a lite lager.  But the secrete is their seasonal beers.  They are EXCELLENT!  I talked to one of brew masters at Bockfest and they said that they make those extra special like typical Christian Moerlein beers (owner own's both brands) but don't raise the price since Hudy is a "cheap" beer brand.  But yeah, Oktoberfest and Bock beers from Hudy are top tier in my book.  

On 11/26/2020 at 9:33 PM, doner24 said:

The secondary bourbon market is insane. 

I had two bottles of Pappy Van Winkle 23 year back around 2010 that I bought at retail for maybe around 250 bucks each and drank over the next week or so. Apparently they are going for about 4-5 grand a bottle now. I also bought a bunch of other younger PVWs between 2008-2012 but they were guzzled too. I'd like to say I would have saved them if I knew they were going to skyrocket in value, but that's probably not true 😁

3 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Honestly I don't like Hudy 14-K.  Hudy Delight (their lite beer) is pretty damn good for a lite lager.  But the secrete is their seasonal beers.  They are EXCELLENT!  I talked to one of brew masters at Bockfest and they said that they make those extra special like typical Christian Moerlein beers (owner own's both brands) but don't raise the price since Hudy is a "cheap" beer brand.  But yeah, Oktoberfest and Bock beers from Hudy are top tier in my book.  

I'll have to look out for those. I do like Christian Moerlein. It's been too long since I've been to the Moerlein Lager house. The food there was amazing.

Moderator · Posted
6 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

I had two bottles of Pappy Van Winkle 23 year back around 2010 that I bought at retail for maybe around 250 bucks each and drank over the next week or so. Apparently they are going for about 4-5 grand a bottle now. I also bought a bunch of other younger PVWs between 2008-2012 but they were guzzled too. I'd like to say I would have saved them if I knew they were going to skyrocket in value, but that's probably not true 😁

Yeah, the 23 is going for stupid prices, which is funny as I think it’s the worst of the bunch.