IGNORED

What are you drinking?

Reed Rothchild

This one is a few months old I think but still delicious.

20200915_174954.thumb.jpg.8a3958d75bb8055d90b1341991a275d2.jpg

Sierra nevada hoppy anniversary ale, reminds me of the same bill as their standard pale ale but a bit more malt and slightly more hop (which is not as strong as what this would be fresh I'm guessing) it's good and honestly reminds me of a Midwestern take of their flagship.

Also 

20200915_183552.thumb.jpg.b87f9272a1faa1572c2a231a33c95035.jpg

11% packaged 8/26/2020 so less than a month old - hot alcohol off the bat that mellows - it's good! I mean two hearted is like my best friend of beers, we've been together for a long time and still get along so I have a slight bias buhuhuh. For real though, it's one I think would age and become like a barleywine, as the malt bill is delicious and reminds me slightly of a blonder, hoppier version of sierra nevada bigfoot. I wish I got a 6 pack instead of a single because of that.

On 9/13/2020 at 12:48 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

There was a Tim Hortons up the street from me. It lasted less than a year and now it's a Sonic. 

Not the hedgehog right?  I wonder why they don't make him their spokescharacter like Dairy Queen used to for Dennis the Menace.  I miss those days as well...

I acquired these recently.  The flower in the middle just happened to be around and so I stuck it in the middle when taking this pic for a friend, just because I thought it looked cool (it is Echinacea if anyone cares.)  Nothing especially special except for the one on the far right.  It's called Pineau Des Charentes and the French just call it Pineau.  Popular there and so far nobody seems to be familiar state-side.  Essentially, it's a fortified wine composed of brandy and wine and usually consumed as an aperitif.  I had 3 people besides myself try it and their responses ranged from Meh to eww.  I thought it was great.  Never had it before.  Anybody else ever have this?

Edited by PII
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...