IGNORED

**VideoGameSage NES Weekly Contest Leaderboard & Rules 2020**

guillavoie

1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

i wasnt going to take that many pictures lol

front loader for life. to hell with a top loading, jailbar image, no power light, no wiggle the cart to make contact with the flawed zif connector...

just kidding. they aight i guess 🙂 

ive had a couple but sold them both times...

Oh hey skinny, I was wondering whether the SOAD song Needles inspired your current username.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

i wasnt going to take that many pictures lol

front loader for life. to hell with a top loading, jailbar image, no power light, no wiggle the cart to make contact with the flawed zif connector...

just kidding. they aight i guess 🙂 

ive had a couple but sold them both times...

Top loader is garbage. Looks good on a shelf though.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I can put in a game and it always plays without issues. I don't have to take my NES apart and boil the pins or any other crazy shit to get it to work. I love my top loader.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Richardhead said:

Why? I'm pretty sure I got mine because majority on NintendoAge said they were the better option to front loaders like 7 or 8 years ago. Never really had any issues and they seem to fire up first try more than front loaders. How did I miss the memo on this no longer being cool? Par for the course for me I guess 

14 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Oh hey skinny, I was wondering whether the SOAD song Needles inspired your current username.

pull the tapeworm outta your ass!....pull the tapeworm out of meeee.. love thier first two albums. im sure it had some influence.

14 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

10 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I can put in a game and it always plays without issues. I don't have to take my NES apart and boil the pins or any other crazy shit to get it to work. I love my top loader.

3 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Why? I'm pretty sure I got mine because majority on NintendoAge said they were the better option to front loaders like 7 or 8 years ago. Never really had any issues and they seem to fire up first try more than front loaders. How did I miss the memo on this no longer being cool? Par for the course for me I guess 

me and richie are just old and stubborn.

the top loader surely out performs the front loader its just not as nostalgic...no blowing tge cart. no having to push the cart down. no trting to fint the sweet spot. no power light glow...

35 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Geral and genre scoreboards updated.
The fight for the beat'em up crow is open with @Bearcat-Doug leading the ways with 34 points, @bertsampson right behind them with 33 points and @mbd39 just waiting to sweep their legs with 27 points.

I'm a they now? @bertsampson is the supposed robot! 😂

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

16 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Now I'm in a good position to move up the general leaderboard if I put in the effort.

I really needed those high Target Renegade and Tetris scores.

Too bad I'm probably gonna get destroyed at TGL.

I'm probably going to get knocked down to 4th in the next week or two. Hopefully I can stay in the top 5.

As much as I would like to secure the third place for myself, looking at the geral and genre scoreboards I have a hunch that I'm relegated to eternal 4th place (geral, puzzle, shooter and beat 'em up). Ironically I somehow ended up on 3rd place for sports games even though I don't even play them, except for maybe the occasional racing game.

On 8/17/2020 at 9:00 PM, docile tapeworm said:

to hell with a top loading, jailbar image,

Jailbar image. You skinny bastard. I had noticed it with certain games, but always thought it was a tv issue. Now I notice it with every game. All of them. And its eating away at me. Worst with white backgrounds and heavy shreddin is coming up. Damn you for stealing my ignorance!

Really, it is overdue for me to play on the original. Been years since I had one. I think I'm going to trade one out for a frontloader at the local shop. Take whatever store credit they give me. Local shop here is hurting. Good excuse to get in and spend some cash there. 

36 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Jailbar image. You skinny bastard. I had noticed it with certain games, but always thought it was a tv issue. Now I notice it with every game. All of them. And its eating away at me. Worst with white backgrounds and heavy shreddin is coming up. Damn you for stealing my ignorance!

Really, it is overdue for me to play on the original. Been years since I had one. I think I'm going to trade one out for a frontloader at the local shop. Take whatever store credit they give me. Local shop here is hurting. Good excuse to get in and spend some cash there. 

your welcome 😁😂😂 you'll fall in love with the frontloader all over again. 

30 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I just consider the jailbars to be part of the top loader experience. I'm so used to it that it doesn't bother me at all.

I don't know if getting it modded would get rid of them but it's not a big issue for me.

mod helps but doesnt completley get rid of the jail bars. 

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Geral and genre scoreboards updated.
The fight for the shooter crown is quite packed.
@bertsampson currently leads the board with 32 points, @docile tapeworm holds the 2nd place with 30 points and @Gaia Gensouki is 3rd with 28 points.
The fight for the crown is still open for our final round of competition!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...