IGNORED

**VideoGameSage NES Weekly Contest Leaderboard & Rules 2020**

guillavoie

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

This is exactly why you have to maintain second place. Gotta at least have a possibility of Bert doug final

Since I'm up to 108 leaderboard points, I should have a spot locked up. The finals are usually 4-5, so I'm guessing it will happen unless @bertsampson gets eliminated before then.

Events Team · Posted

Geral and genre scoreboards updated as we close another round of our beloved contest.
We are close to the final stint and then it will be TOURNAMENT TIME!

Who will raise to the final challenge? How many will be brought in to the slaughterhouse?
How mean will Bea be with the games and the tournament cut?
What sort of mad system will be picked to run the tournament this year?

All questions yet to be answered. But may the gods have mercy upon you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm guessing that's sarcasm. It's awful. It's like worse than Urban Champion bad.

Oh yeah, I recently played Urban Champions for the first time. That game is such shit lol. I'm glad we don't have to play that.

1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

I remember liking the original arcade Karate Champ with the two joysticks. It must not adapt well to NES controls.

It's just awful. From what I remember, it's an Urban Champion level basic fighting game. I have no idea what Monster In My Pocket is like. I'm not getting my hopes up.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's just awful. From what I remember, it's an Urban Champion level basic fighting game. I have no idea what Monster In My Pocket is like. I'm not getting my hopes up.

I've seen gameplay of Monster in My Pocket. It's a Konami action platforming type game with monsters so might be fun.

5 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Well, Karate Champ is as bad as it looks. 

spacer.png

Tried it for 5 or 10 min when I was looking for fun games to beat for completions thread. It was pretty terrible. I thought it looked fun. Karate kid style duels on the nes looked pretty badass actually. I remember it being something with the controls being strange or unintuitive. 

• 2 weeks later...
Events Team · Posted

Geral and genre scores updated.
With the 1st place on Caveman Games, @0xDEAFC0DE moved up to 2nd place on the geral scoreboard and to 2nd place, 1 point away from @bertsampson at the Sports scoreboard.
With one more sports week to happen, the fight for the Sports genre title heats up!

With Mappy on deck, I'd better get my "I finally cracked the top 10" celebration in. No podiums, but plenty of 4ths to creep my way in including the last 2 weeks. 2 points from the elusive @Jeevanwho has a big advantage this week having played enough mappy to know its apparently an enraging endeavor. Ive only played one screen and am still ignorant enough to think it seems kind of fun.

@Richardhead looming one spot behind me is a problem also. He's very well positioned holed up in a cabin in Brackenridge with 2 dogs, a copy of mappy, and plenty of greenery Im sure. I am working all week and am quite jealous thinking about an empty house with an NES and no work to do. 

I may fall to these bastards this week, but I will get back to the top 10 in September when we get one of my favorite games. 

@Bearcat-Doug  drops second place? Will he return to reclaim the 2 spot? Spoiler alert, he will say he is done until the playoffs, but won't be able to go another week without posting a score now that he is #3....

Edited by NESfiend
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

@Bearcat-Doug  drops second place? Will he return to reclaim the 2 spot? Spoiler alert, he will say he is done until the playoffs, but won't be able to go another week without posting a score now that he is #3....

I noticed that I dropped to third. I won't start worrying too much unless I drop out of the top 5.

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

I'm happy to still be 7th after skipping Caveman Games because no way in hell was I going to play that game.

I love me some Mappy though!

Caveman actually really worked as a competition because the events are so short. And you can only try so much if your thumbs are human. It was really easy to pick up for 5 or 10 minutes. One of few weeks I played hard in the competition but played a lot of other games. Even beat tyson for the first time in a couple years. 

I say more sports compilations starting with California games and ski or die

20200815_133955.jpg

Edited by NESfiend
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Caveman actually really worked as a competition because the events are so short. And you can only try so much if your thumbs are human. It was really easy to pick up for 5 or 10 minutes. One of few weeks I played hard in the competition but played a lot of other games. Even beat tyson for the first time in a couple years. 

I say more sports compilations starting with California games and ski or die

20200815_133955.jpg

You really playing on a top loader ?

3 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I'm happy to still be 7th after skipping Caveman Games because no way in hell was I going to play that game.

I love me some Mappy though!

i wasnt going to take that many pictures lol

1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

You really playing on a top loader ?

55 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Yup, I have one down there in the basement and another one upstairs on a flat screen in the office. 

front loader for life. to hell with a top loading, jailbar image, no power light, no wiggle the cart to make contact with the flawed zif connector...

just kidding. they aight i guess 🙂 

ive had a couple but sold them both times...

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1