IGNORED

**VideoGameSage NES Weekly Contest Leaderboard & Rules 2020**

guillavoie

Events Team · Posted
26 minutes ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

@guillavoie it will be a pleasure to revisit this game via rgb/pvm. gorgeous game. i remember my initial feelings towards this game were negative. but by the end of the week i was singing its praise. 

only problem is the rule set 😉 

BB0C8FC1-BA4A-40C7-8927-1146ECE6FE3D.jpeg

Haha, I remember how you couldn't figure out how we were going to make a contest out of it. I knew 100 % you would that game, one of my favorites on the NES.

Have you played it through with the adventure segments?

2 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

Haha, I remember how you couldn't figure out how we were going to make a contest out of it. I knew 100 % you would that game, one of my favorites on the NES.

Have you played it through with the adventure segments?

i cant bring myself to play it other than tgl mode lol dont push it! 

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm guessing that was sarcastic since there were 12 last year. I can't see it being less than 8-9.

My fear that it wasn't is because the amount of spots depend on participation and NA had a more people participating week to week in general (not sure about last year). 4 or 5 wouldn't make for much of a tourney/event though. 

Events Team · Posted
55 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

@BeaIank, I hope this isn't the case. Some of us have been clawing our way toward top 10 hoping to get in....

Yeah, we usually decide the number of tournament spots according to the overall participation during the season, so the more players play, the more players are worthy of a tournament spots and then we can improvise along with the format of the tournament.

10 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

My fear that it wasn't is because the amount of spots depend on participation and NA had a more people participating week to week in general (not sure about last year). 4 or 5 wouldn't make for much of a tourney/event though. 

Usually all of the players that showed up each week got a spot, which I think is a good thing. I'm sure you will be fine as long as you keep playing.

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Usually all of the players that showed up each week got a spot, which I think is a good thing. I'm sure you will be fine as long as you keep playing.

I missed the first 6 or 7 weeks, but haven't missed since. If I had just had participation scores for those, I'd be in a single digit position. Its a big chunk to make up for and I am a mortal, not a doug, kid, or bert. I have been eyeing top 12 and am finally knocking on that door though. 

Just now, NESfiend said:

I missed the first 6 or 7 weeks, but haven't missed since. If I had just had participation scores for those, I'd be in a single digit position. Its a big chunk to make up for and I am a mortal, not a doug, kid, or bert. I have been eyeing top 12 and am finally knocking on that door though. 

If you play each week, you should be fine since you're moving up the rankings.