IGNORED

**VideoGameSage NES Weekly Contest Leaderboard & Rules 2020**

guillavoie

8 hours ago, Richardhead said:

@ninjistar I’m giving your suggestion a go on changing up where I can unwind. It’s not ideal, as this is the bedroom and Jennie usually goes to bed early, but I can get a few hours of gameplay per day. If it works out I may need to tweak it a bit. 

Nice. That looks to be a relaxing space! I haven't used my new area too much yet, but only because I haven't modded the NES classic. However, it is a REALLY nice departure from the noise and environment of my office (where I usually play). I also see you've got some @SuperJimtendo artwork there 😄

• Haha 2

Events Helper · Posted

for the 2 famicom games........recca and mappy..........is there a way to participate on these in a web browser?  https://www.retrogames.cz/play_008-NES.php   is this the same mappy?  Also, recca is just plain expensive from what i can see 🙂  Any suggestions on how to get these?  or should i just sit it out?

4 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

for the 2 famicom games........recca and mappy..........is there a way to participate on these in a web browser?  https://www.retrogames.cz/play_008-NES.php   is this the same mappy?  Also, recca is just plain expensive from what i can see 🙂  Any suggestions on how to get these?  or should i just sit it out?

Yes, that's the same Mappy.

Mappy is a lot of fun, btw. Looking forward to that contest.

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, mbd39 said:

Yes, that's the same Mappy.

Mappy is a lot of fun, btw. Looking forward to that contest.

oof, it will take some getting used to.......lol, i just tried to  play a little of it and my god i did horrible 😉  Not used to not being able to jump unless ur on a springboard thingy.

Events Team · Posted
12 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

https://www.playnesonline.com/play-summer-carnival-92-recca-online/?play=true&emulator=java#entry-title

I found this for recca, does this comply with the contest?  @BeaIank @guillavoie  Also, for anyone who needs a way to play if this is good to go 🙂 

Emulators are perfectly acceptable to use for the contest, whether they are windows ones, linux ones or web based ones.

• Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, BeaIank said:

Emulators are perfectly acceptable to use for the contest, whether they are windows ones, linux ones or web based ones.

Thanks, i just dont know anything bout famicom, wanted to make sure it was the same game 🙂 

Edited by Jeevan

• 2 weeks later...
Events Team · Posted

Geral and genre scoreboards updated.
Bearcat managed to decrease Bert's leadership to 10 points with his strong score on TMNT3.
And I had to review the VBA code that tallies the scoreboards again because rogue space characters at the end of the names were causing it to not proper tally in some few exceptions. 😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Random question, are there ever weekly competitions for more current gen games? Or is it just NES games?

I think there's probably a group of people out there who would be up for newer games, and also maybe something not just focusing on high scores. Could be something like speed running a certain game. Or having everyone pick a track in a Mario kart, same character, bike, etc, best time wins. People have different skill sets. High score games often reflect who has the most free time to dedicate to a game, as opposed to who might truly be the best. Just some thoughts.

• Like 1

Just now, Makar said:

Random question, are there ever weekly competitions for more current gen games? Or is it just NES games?

I think there's probably a group of people out there who would be up for newer games, and also maybe something not just focusing on high scores. Could be something like speed running a certain game. Or having everyone pick a track in a Mario kart, same character, bike, etc, best time wins. People have different skill sets. High score games often reflect who has the most free time to dedicate to a game, as opposed to who might truly be the best. Just some thoughts.

These contests are just for NES games, but there have been competitions for other console games.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

These contests are just for NES games, but there have been competitions for other console games.

Thanks! I think the newest gen I saw was for Gameboy? Are there enough speed runners here that that genre could be opened up for weekly contests? I am not a speed runners at all but I know people do that and I imagine some would be interested to compete. You could do speed runners NES games and go from there if it's successful. Just spitballing. It was fun playing survivor. I'd like to see the community more involved. I honestly never even clicked on the weekly competition and events page until today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Makar said:

Thanks! I think the newest gen I saw was for Gameboy? Are there enough speed runners here that that genre could be opened up for weekly contests? I am not a speed runners at all but I know people do that and I imagine some would be interested to compete. You could do speed runners NES games and go from there if it's successful. Just spitballing. It was fun playing survivor. I'd like to see the community more involved. I honestly never even clicked on the weekly competition and events page until today.

There have been Game Boy contests, SNES contests and I think even Sega contests at one point. If there is enough of a demand for a certain type of contest and someone willing to run it, I'm sure anything is possible.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

There have been Game Boy contests, SNES contests and I think even Sega contests at one point. If there is enough of a demand for a certain type of contest and someone willing to run it, I'm sure anything is possible.

Nice! I'm full of ideas lol. If anyone wants to bounce things off the wall or whatever, feel free to pm me. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm sure you could make a thread with some of your ideas if you want to gauge the interest level.

Alright yea that's a better idea. I'll get on that now.

Edit: thread is up in the info and questions part

Edited by Makar
  • Like 1