IGNORED

Game Room Layout / Design

Calan87

Mine might be a little extreme, but I bought black foamcore poster board from Walmart, and with black duct tape, I covered the actual panes of the windows.  Then I had my mother-in-law, who is a good seamstress, make curtains out of fabric I had shipped to her from Hobby Lobby or JoAnne Fabrics (can't remember which).  It was Mario fabric of him jumping patterned with coins on a blue background.  They look really nice.  I have a second, room-darkening curtain under that, plus a pull down shade.  It's overkill, but it does also help keep the room warm, seeing as it's cold in my area much of the year.

Blackout curtains work pretty good.

I intentionally had my game room built in the basement without windows when designing my house.  The builder said "It could get kinda dark in there, you sure" but I confirmed.  I have enough lighted signs in there that it isn't a problem... and I also don't want any UV sunlight potentially fading any of the games. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Blackout curtains work pretty good.

I intentionally had my game room built in the basement without windows when designing my house.  The builder said "It could get kinda dark in there, you sure" but I confirmed.  I have enough lighted signs in there that it isn't a problem... and I also don't want any UV sunlight potentially fading any of the games. 

When I built my game shelf, I built it to fit behind the projector screen perfectly (100" wide) so I could pull the screen down and hide the games from the sun. That was before I knew the projector wouldn't be strong enough to see when sunlight was present. 

I had blinds on the inside of the frame, took a large piece of cardboard and spray painted it black on both sides and put it in between the blinds and curtain, the had blackout curtains from Amazon (like $15 a set) and put them up. Used clips and tiny pins to make sure no light came through the cracks in the curtains. The cardboard is a trick I learned in the past, it helps prevent heat from being absorbed by the blackout curtains from the sun and since its black and behind blinds no obe can see it from outside. Hope this helps!

• Like 2