Sign in to follow this  
The Strangest

First person dungeon crawlers

That and it has a pretty handy in game map that constructs itself as you move about which was not common in that time as most would use  pen and paper.  Arcana on SNES is a solid game that's quite nicely designed.

I'd say Wizardry V is my favorite.  I've only played the first 5, so I'd like to give the others a try someday.

If you count it, the original Persona is pretty good too.  I don't even mind the translation everyone complains about.  

Swords and Serpents isn't bad either.  the multi-player option seems interesting, but I never took advantage of it.

I'd like to revisit Mysterium for Game Boy some day.  I played it for a bit a long time ago and kinda like it, but I never went back and finished it.

10 minutes ago, Red said:

I'd say Wizardry V is my favorite.  I've only played the first 5, so I'd like to give the others a try someday.

If you count it, the original Persona is pretty good too.  I don't even mind the translation everyone complains about.  

Swords and Serpents isn't bad either.  the multi-player option seems interesting, but I never took advantage of it.

I'd like to revisit Mysterium for Game Boy some day.  I played it for a bit a long time ago and kinda like it, but I never went back and finished it.

Wiz V is definitely my favorite of the first five, but Wizardry Gold on the PC (updated version of 7) is probably my favorite over all.

Mysterium is one I used to drool over in Nintendo Power, but in actual gameplay leaves a lot to be desired.

3 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Wiz V is definitely my favorite of the first five, but Wizardry Gold on the PC (updated version of 7) is probably my favorite over all.

Mysterium is one I used to drool over in Nintendo Power, but in actual gameplay leaves a lot to be desired.

Yeah, I do have a feeling Mysterium won't be as good as I remember.  I'd still like to go back to it though.

What did you (or anyone else here) think of Wizardry IV?  Has anyone beaten it without help?  It had some nice ideas and I really wanted to like it, but the extreme difficulty made it a chore to play.  It's got to be the most difficult RPG I've ever played.  It's the only one that ever I started but didn't finish due to the difficulty.   

I actually really enjoyed Mysterium, and I've beaten it quite a few times. You always get a little further each play through. Eventually you'll memorize what you can craft and when you'll need to craft what.

I'd highly recommend The Legend of Grimrock 1 & 2. Those are some of the best first person dungeon crawlers I've ever played, especially the 2nd one!

1 hour ago, Armageddon Potato said:

I actually really enjoyed Mysterium, and I've beaten it quite a few times. You always get a little further each play through. Eventually you'll memorize what you can craft and when you'll need to craft what.

I'd highly recommend The Legend of Grimrock 1 & 2. Those are some of the best first person dungeon crawlers I've ever played, especially the 2nd one!

Grimrock is great.  Have both, but haven't played 2 yet.