IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

Administrator · Posted
Just now, MrWunderful said:

Its a presidential appointment.  All the President has to say is “you are the guy now” (basically) 

They are supposed to be approved by congress, but Trump goes around that by naming them “acting”. Yes, its terrible. 

How you all haven't already found yourselves under a dictator sounds to be a miracle. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kguillemette said:

The question is, will it be enough to flip the rust belt back to blue? 

They're the ones that control the election, and Trump has done jack shit for them, so I'd say there's a very good chance. Hillary only lost them by a few thousand votes a piece.

Nothing else really matters. Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan call the shots. Trump ain't flipping any other states (and stands a good chance of losing a few he had in 2016.)

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

He doesn't appoints himself, he appointed RIchard Grenell (right?).

Correct, Trump appointed Richard Grenell. And technically, Grenell was approved by congress. But to be the Ambassador to Germany I think. 
So outside of recommending someone qualified, Trump specifically appointed a sycophant to dilute the idea that Russia is meddling (my opinion).  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Troll attempt 2/10, you did get me to post links. 

What trolling. If anything you posting Wikipedia and then telling me to debunk it is a bigger troll than anything i've done. Certainly shows the argument wasn't in good faith, anyways.

Like, not reading Vox is a personal move on my part, and i can get people not understanding why they suck, but i shouldn't have to tell anyone that Wikipedia isn't reliable on anything.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PineappleLawnchair said:

What trolling. If anything you posting Wikipedia and then telling me to debunk it is a bigger troll than anything i've done. Certainly shows the argument wasn't in good faith, anyways.

Like, not reading Vox is a personal move on my part, and i can get people not understanding why they suck, but i shouldn't have to tell anyone that Wikipedia isn't reliable on anything.

That Link was one of them yes.  

I would ask you to prove he isnt racist, but that isnt that easy to prove. Outside of tape of him saying “I dont like you because of your race” Or screaming racial epithets, which he obviously has not. 
Racism is more than words. 
He might not even know-

If want to think Trump isnt racist, more power to you. I would happily eat crow if you could prove it to me otherwise, But I honestly don’t expect you to do that for some random guy on the Internet. 

Trust me, I Wish our president was not racist. I truly wish I could have more faith in the administration, but it’s glaringly obvious in my opinion That America is not going to improve with Trump as president. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Link said:

I mean, it’s been a long time since the KKK endorsed anybody in an election.

How many KKK members do you think there are?

Ive never once seen one and im in the south.  I know there probably are a few, but do you think they are just roaming around on horses scaring the populous. This is the dumbest thing ever. I know they exist, Im not saying they dont exist, but seriously why is that even concerning? No one cares about the KKK.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Ive never once seen one and im in the south.  I know there probably are a few, but do you think they are just roaming around on horses scaring the populous. This is the dumbest thing ever. I know they exist, Im not saying they dont exist, but seriously why is that even concerning? No one cares about the KKK.

Savage dude 🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Link said:

I mean, it’s been a long time since the KKK endorsed anybody in an election.

Nah, about 8-12 years, give or take. They apparently endorsed Mccain too, because his family was a confederate and part of the original KKK or some shit.

https://fromtheleft.wordpress.com/2008/05/28/3241/

https://truepundit.com/john-mccains-great-great-grandfather-was-confederate-soldier-served-under-first-grand-wizard-of-kkk-video/

8 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Not relevant to what I was saying

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PineappleLawnchair said:

Nah, about 8-12 years, give or take. They apparently endorsed Mccain too, because his family was a confederate and part of the original KKK or some shit.

https://fromtheleft.wordpress.com/2008/05/28/3241/

https://truepundit.com/john-mccains-great-great-grandfather-was-confederate-soldier-served-under-first-grand-wizard-of-kkk-video/

Hm, interesting. I don’t remember hearing about it at the time.