IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

Just now, CodysGameRoom said:

From my admittedly brief review of the case it sounds like it was incredibly complicated and many still believe the accuser. The guy was proven innocent in a court of law and also won a defamation claim. But he was proven innocent in the very court in which the systemic racism we are protesting against resides. 

Thanks for providing one possible example of what I asked for.

As you know I am always glad to provide insight to things.  And you are indeed welcome.  

4 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

This one is not as complete - but the basics are there.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/11/dominique-moran-masud-ali/

So my understanding is that it appeared this person was being racist, and was fired. After investigation, it was proven she was not racist, and offered her job back. Where was a life ruined? The only problem I see is that Chipotle took action too quickly. This is hardly an example of what I asked for.

Just now, CodysGameRoom said:

So my understanding is that it appeared this person was being racist, and was fired. After investigation, it was proven she was not racist, and offered her job back. Where was a life ruined? The only problem I see is that Chipotle took action too quickly. This is hardly an example of what I asked for.

She says it was* - taking her job back would likely have meant she would have been just exposed to whoever wandered in the door and wanted to harass her.  I am guessing that all of her previous online presence has been trashed and is likely not useable

*And was it not some sage here who stated that only victims of racial mistreatment can really understand it?  

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I didn't ask personally, but two outliers still don't mean that's a common occurrence.

You qouted Cody asking for one example - either you didn't understand what he said or didn't read it.  (If you wanted to modify it to ask for, say, a zillion examples that was the time to do so.)

And again I did not say that it is a common occurrence - how common we will never know since I doubt anyone keeps track - but that really is a separate issue.  We are just talking (per your requests - yes?) one (or two I guess) instance(s).

Just now, Tabonga said:

You qouted Cody asking for one example - either you didn't understand what he said or didn't read it.  (If you wanted to modify it to ask for, say, a zillion examples that was the time to do so.)

And again I did not say that it is a common occurrence - how common we will never know since I doubt anyone keeps track - but that really is a separate issue.  We are just talking (per your requests - yes?) one (or two I guess) instance(s).

Okay, so there are two cases where a white person got the wrong end of the deal. I'd post all of the times that happened to a person of color, but I don't have that many years. I'm just saying that 99% of the time the POC is on the wrong end of it.

7 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Okay, so there are two cases where a white person got the wrong end of the deal. I'd post all of the times that happened to a person of color, but I don't have that many years. I'm just saying that 99% of the time the POC is on the wrong end of it.

Again I gave you what you asked for - and now it is not enough?  You really ought to open one of these:

205776318_download(40).jpeg.88b91ca1f484cee25f669495c7a13ebb.jpeg

But as a bonus I suggest you read about the Zebra killings in San Francisco - not saying such things are common - but they do occur if one can be bothered to look for them.  

4 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Again I gave you what you asked for - and now it is not enough?  You really ought to open one of these:

205776318_download(40).jpeg.88b91ca1f484cee25f669495c7a13ebb.jpeg

But as a bonus I suggest you read about the Zebra killings in San Francisco - not saying such things are common - but they do occur if one can be bothered to look for them.  

Okay and I'm just saying two examples isn't anywhere near what the other side has had done wrong to them. It's that simple.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

10 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Okay and I'm not saying two examples isn't anywhere near what the other side has had done wrong to them. It's that simple.

Stop quoting* me then since I didn't say anything near what you are implying I did.   (Now that is really simple.)

I will take the special with extra butter, strawberries and whipped cream while you going at it though........

*Or at the very least stick to what I more than adequately demonstrated.

Edit - I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that the double negative was accidental.  - otherwise the two negatives cancel out and you have really screwed yourself (IMHO of course).

Edited by Tabonga

6 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Stop quoting* me then since I didn't say anything near what you are implying I did.   (Now that is really simple.)

I will take the special with extra butter, strawberries and whipped cream while you going at it though........

*Or at the very least stick to what I more than adequately demonstrated.

Edit - I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that the double negative was accidental.  - otherwise the two negatives cancel out and you have really screwed yourself (IMHO of course).

No the white struggle is real I think I got that.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

No the white struggle is real I think I got that. 

Can you give me some examples to reinforce your no doubt deeply held beliefs on that?

I do not believe I went there either.   (The tip on the waffles is getting smaller all the time - just warning you.) 

2 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Can you give me some examples to reinforce your no doubt deeply held beliefs on that?

I do not believe I went there either.   (The tip on the waffles is getting smaller all the time - just warning you.) 

Can you take this up with @CodysGameRoom? His "parrot" is getting bored.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Just to get my last word in on this it makes it seem like you're trying to say that white people get the wrong end of the deal more often and I don't think that's true at all. Obviously it happens once in a while but I don't think it's anywhere near the majority.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

Just to get my last word in on this it makes it seem like you're trying to say that white people get the wrong end of the deal more often and I don't think that's true at all. Obviously it happens once in a while but I don't think it's anywhere near the majority.

Never said that  - again you seem to be determined to put words in my mouth - you two were apparently desparate for just one example - which Cody at least acknowledged when I did so. 

Just now, Tabonga said:

Never said that  - again you seem to be determined to put words in my mouth - you two were apparently desparate for just one example - which Cody at least acknowledged when I did so. 

And he is more than welcome to pick up this argument. I'm done with it. It seems like you're trying to say that two white people that got done wrong is worse than every person of color that's ever been done wrong and that's not the case.