IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I saw this and figured that I'd leave it here. Maybe it will help some people understand.

Right now black lives (and the other lives as well) are most in danger from the rioters/thugs/vandals claiming the BLM name 😛 

And actually they are clearly saying that only black lives ended by white cops matter...and that all white cops who did so or are accused of doing so are automatically presumed guilty of a racist hate crime murder.  Maybe they don't say it in those exact words...but they might as well.

Edited by Estil

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I thought the cartoon was simple and made everything clear. Apparently not.

It leaves out a lot of unpleasant details and unintended consequences of BLM.   Most issues IRL cannot be reduced down to just a bumper sticker slogan, much as we would often like them to be.

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I thought the cartoon was simple and made everything clear. Apparently not.

Yea I've tried everything from a general explanation to infographics, analogies, metaphors, explaining like they are children, etc. 

The bottom line is when someone doesn't want to understand something, no evidence or information presented will all them to do so.

Just now, Estil said:

It leaves out a lot of unpleasant details and unintended consequences of BLM.   Most issues IRL cannot be reduced down to just a bumper sticker slogan, much as we would often like them to be.

There are bad people just like with any situation. The 1% trying to take advantage shouldn't hurt the 99% that are just asking for your attention.

Editorials Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, Estil said:

You have consistently talked of "fake racism" and repeatedly tried to write off the entire movement because of the actions of the few.

We get it.  You don't support BLM.  But they aren't going anywhere.  Not while the majority of African Americans feel there is still widespread systemic racism.  White people on the sidelines trying to say otherwise don't generally offer very compelling refutes either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Yea I've tried everything from a general explanation to infographics, analogies, metaphors, explaining like they are children, etc. 

The bottom line is when someone doesn't want to understand something, no evidence or information presented will all them to do so.

That cartoon was as basic as it gets. How people can't understand it is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

You have consistently talked of "fake racism" and repeatedly tried to write off the entire movement because of the actions of the few.

We get it.  You don't support BLM.  But they aren't going anywhere.  Not while the majority of African Americans feel there is still widespread systemic racism.  White people on the sidelines trying to say otherwise don't generally offer very compelling refutes either.

Don't mention the white looters and rioters. It will ruin the entire argument.

9 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Actually if you can show me how the mainstream BLM is denouncing the extremists and especially the times that they've admitted that a white cop was in the right for shooting a black man (for example Darren Wilson-Michael Brown) or tell me who among the Duke facilty who signed that nasty open letter condemning the Duke lacross players who turned out to be innocent even took the time to apologize...I would very much reconsider.

My main deal breaker is actually not the extremists, it's BLM's presumption of guilt attitude towards any white cop who shot a black suspect no matter the circumstances.  Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?   What about it's better for 99 guilty to go free than one innocent person to get imprisoned or executed?  

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Estil said:

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty in a court of law? 

I don't know what happened to it. Ask all the black people murdered by cops.

I said this yesterday in regards to people "being accused of racism":

Yea, that sounds like it would be shitty. Can you give some examples of that? Because I'm not aware of literally any. I feel like if someone told my boss I said something racist, they would investigate, and if I did, I would be dealt with accordingly, and if I didn't, I'd still have my job.

So, for those of you all so worried about "Fake racism claims", can you please provide some real world examples that have occurred and resulted in an innocent person losing their job?

•  

Still waiting for anyone to provide a real world example where someone had their life ruined because they were called a racist when they are not.

Editorials Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Estil said:

Actually if you can show me how the mainstream BLM is denouncing the extremists and especially the times that they've admitted that a white cop was in the right for shooting a black man (for example Darren Wilson-Michael Brown) or tell me who among the Duke facilty who signed that nasty open letter condemning the Duke lacross players who turned out to be innocent even took the time to apologize...I would very much reconsider.

My main deal breaker is actually not the extremists, it's BLM's presumption of guilt attitude towards any white cop who shot a black suspect no matter the circumstances.  Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?   What about it's better for 99 guilty to go free than one to get imprisoned or executed?  

FaithfulTeemingArcherfish-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I don't know what happened to it. Ask all the black people murdered by cops.

I said this yesterday in regards to people "being accused of racism":

Still waiting for anyone to provide a real world example where someone had their life ruined because they were called a racist when they are not.

Still waiting here too.

spacer.png

How about this as the latest example?  Guilt by association much?  And you remember how you guys (and of course myself) several pages ago were appalled and outraged by the guy who got his eye shot/blinded by a rubber bullet?  Don't count on BLM lifting a finger for that one 😛   

https://www.foxnews.com/us/stepmom-of-ex-atlanta-cop-garrett-rolfe-stunned-she-was-fired-from-job-after-rayshard-brooks-shooting

PS: I can tell you from personal experience (I'm sorry to say; long story) that whole crap they gave about "hostile work environment" is the most pathetic cliched excuse in the book 😛

Edited by Estil

7 minutes ago, Estil said:

How about this as the latest example?  Guilt by association much?  And you remember how you guys (and of course myself) several pages ago were appalled and outraged by the guy who got his eye shot/blinded by a rubber bullet?  Don't count on BLM lifting a finger for that one 😛   

https://www.foxnews.com/us/stepmom-of-ex-atlanta-cop-garrett-rolfe-stunned-she-was-fired-from-job-after-rayshard-brooks-shooting

PS: I can tell you from personal experience (I'm sorry to say; long story) that whole crap they gave about "hostile work environment" is the most pathetic cliched excuse in the book 😛

How is this an example of fake racism ruining someone's life? No one has accused her of being racist. She was fired for creating a hostile work environment? Did she actually do that? I don't know. But I fail to see how this is an example I requested.

19 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Steven Pagones.  

From my admittedly brief review of the case it sounds like it was incredibly complicated and many still believe the accuser. The guy was proven innocent in a court of law and also won a defamation claim. But he was proven innocent in the very court in which the systemic racism we are protesting against resides. 

Thanks for providing one possible example of what I asked for.