IGNORED

What PlayStation stuff do you collect?

Hammerfestus

1 hour ago, Bubbapauls said:

@MrWunderful

I really want to play RayStorm and RayCrisis.  Everyone always says those are awesome.

Bubba the Japanese disc I have next to einhander is a ray crisis/storm combo disc. I bet you can get one for $20. It’s a lot cheaper than the NA versions. 

not trying to be a turd but I don’t enjoy them as much. They look cool and the gameplay is pretty good so I don’t know what it is but I haven’t played them very much and don’t find myself wanting to play them. 

2 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

@Californication 

similar tastes 🙂 you got some killer titles there too!

id like to get an oddwolrd, strikers and delta. What do you think of shooting king? I really enjoy it. 

Delta might be my favorite R-type game, it really holds up well.

Gekioh is good. The lightning/electricity gives Truxton a run for its money.

It's interesting you guys are split on the Raystorm/Raycrises games. I haven't played them, but there is something about that lock on function that I don't like. I might try them one day, but Idk.

Skinny, that Shooter Space Shot looks interesting I've never heard of it.

Edited by Californication

29 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Bubba the Japanese disc I have next to einhander is a ray crisis/storm combo disc. I bet you can get one for $20. It’s a lot cheaper than the NA versions. 

not trying to be a turd but I don’t enjoy them as much. They look cool and the gameplay is pretty good so I don’t know what it is but I haven’t played them very much and don’t find myself wanting to play them. 

Wouldn’t I have to get a Japanese ps1 or a mod chip to be able to play it? Or will it work in a Ps3?

I might just try them through an emulator on my computer or something to see how I like them.

1 minute ago, Bubbapauls said:

Wouldn’t I have to get a Japanese ps1 or a mod chip to be able to play it? Or will it work in a Ps3?

I might just try them through an emulator on my computer or something to see how I like them.

Yes, you would need a JP Playstation console to play these. It can work on a PS3 but it also needs to be a Japanese console as well.

25 minutes ago, LastCat said:

Yes, you would need a JP Playstation console to play these. It can work on a PS3 but it also needs to be a Japanese console as well.

Last I checked, there were slim jntsc PS2 listed for like $75 on ebay. It's a really good price, b/c the Japanese library has some amazing titles.

Sry misquote, the trains are dif. than the old site.

43 minutes ago, Californication said:

Delta might be my favorite R-type game, it really holds up well.

Gekioh is good. The lighting gives Truxton a run for its money.

It's interesting you guys are split on the Raystorm/Raycrises games. I haven't played them, but there is something about that lock on function that I don't like. I might try them one day, but Idk.

Skinny, that Shooter Space Shot looks interesting I've never heard of it.

Space shot is pretty good. It’s like a generic cheap looking case/manual like a $5 barging game but it’s solid. 

34 minutes ago, Bubbapauls said:

Technically you can use a ps2 slim, straw mod and disc swap. But it’s such a pain you’ll end up buying a Japanese psone. But the library is so much cheaper it will justify the $25 you’ll pay for a jap psone 

34 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Space shot is pretty good. It’s like a generic cheap looking case/manual like a $5 barging game but it’s solid. 

The cut scenes are so good.

And the back ground reminds me of Einhander and the bullets of Philosoma. 

I'm gonna pick this up. I really hope it's fun.

2 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

Btw sol divide is terrible! I picked it up at a local brick and mortar (pretty cool place actually “Dusty’s oldies and goodies”) because it looked cool but what a crap fest. 

I actually like Sol Divide,  shmup with RPG elements but gets ultra hard afterwards and having a huge hitbox doesn't do anyone favors but at least it's no Chou Aniki hit boxes.

33 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Was anyone else ever into the PS1 Spec Ops games? I used to play them at a friend's house and I remember them being pretty enjoyable.

Dude it's funny you say that because for the last few days I have been craving some of the military shooters on ps1 and ps2. 

I really want to play either spec ops or delta force on the ps1 and rainbow 6 on the ps2 and ps3. 

I haven't played any of these games since they were modern, but I saw delta force for sale and remembered how much fun I used to have with all of these.

40 minutes ago, Californication said:

The cut scenes are so good.

And the back ground reminds me of Einhander and the bullets of Philosoma. 

I'm gonna pick this up. I really hope it's fun.

The cut scenes though! So good! Oh ya it does have an einhander feel. I think I paid $7 for mine super clean cib 

20 minutes ago, LastCat said:

I actually like Sol Divide,  shmup with RPG elements but gets ultra hard afterwards and having a huge hitbox doesn't do anyone favors but at least it's no Chou Aniki hit boxes.

I been trying to sell that thing for months lol. I ended up putting back on the shelve maybe I’ll give it another shot someday. 

I've mostly collected for Sony consoles and handhelds since I got a fat PS2 for Christmas in the early 2000s. I've tried to get the best of each NTSC library (to my taste) and imported quite a few PS1, PS2, and PS4, and PSP games as well. 

Right now, I'm looking to find a better hookup for my PS2s to my TV. I've got an off-brand S-Vid hookup, but it doesn't produce a clear picture on my HDTV. Do y'all have any recommendations for a really good third-party S-Vid cable, or should I really pony up the coin to buy the official one?

6 hours ago, Philosoraptor said:

[snip]

Right now, I'm looking to find a better hookup for my PS2s to my TV. I've got an off-brand S-Vid hookup, but it doesn't produce a clear picture on my HDTV. Do y'all have any recommendations for a really good third-party S-Vid cable, or should I really pony up the coin to buy the official one?

Does your TV have component connections? the PS2 component cables are pretty cheap.. I *think* retrobit makes them? I use them and the picture is great

Otherwise, TheMetalJesus reviewed the #Pound HDMI cable for the PS2 on his youtube and it didn't look all that bad really (i think it was like ~$30)

Edited by Pendragonx
extra stuff to add
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Pendragonx said:

Does your TV have component connections? the PS2 component cables are pretty cheap.. I *think* retrobit makes them? I use them and the picture is great

Otherwise, TheMetalJesus reviewed the #Pound HDMI cable for the PS2 on his youtube and it didn't look all that bad really (i think it was like ~$30)

Thankfully, yes, my TV does have component connections. I'll go that route first and try the HDMI cable next the component cables are difficult to track down. Thank you very much for your help!