IGNORED

Share your Music

TylerBarnes

It's all about the music right? Show us what your made of. Bless our ears with your Works in Progress, Releases from a decade ago, or whatever the case may be. If you made it, we want to hear it. All formats welcomed. 

My current WIP: https://app.box.com/s/jnmi32x8acg6llhdyv1tt6o8exafaz8s

It is a rearrangement of an Atmospheric Black Metal song I composed a while back, but re imagined a bit, and made for chip (obviously). Created it using my NES writing environment. 

The original song is here: https://youtu.be/HZpgNp5azBY 

Edited by TylerBarnes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yes, love the chiptune version!!! so what did you use to compose? Fami? if so, chipset? love that you used the triangle as the lead about halfway through.

is it all in the chipset and using dpmc for drums? I struggle with the samples for some reason. The only time I used it was for the last xmas cart for a donkey "hee-haw" sfx and it didn't call correctly (came out soft and distorted).

When I get home I'm going to post a few chiptunes!

It is a custom writing environment I created in Ableton Live. I built instrument racks with my own NES multi-samples (Sampled the waveforms about 6 notes per octave for every channel and pulse width), and then created the macros in Ableton to force the NES' limitations, such as no volume for the Triangle, only a monophonic Pulse, etc. 

The drums are the actual drums from the original track. I think they sound better (And I'm lazy :P) 

Edited by TylerBarnes

• 2 weeks later...

I don't do music anymore but here's something I did years ago. Someone in the DS10 forum had shared some patches that imitated the sounds of the NES and I used those patches to make an NES-music inspired tune. Made on Nintendo DSi with Korg DS10+. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

wow. hey, that's some solid shit right there. you dont even need the extra fx track, you can stack some of those effects one after the other...

I got the forked FT, and immediately shook my fist at the cloud- I've never found anything in the original FT to inhibit my work and really like my selection being stopped at the end of a frame! Anyway, i screwed around with some stuff - have you considered offsetting and lowering the volume when you have two tracks doing the same thing? specifically, pulse and triangle in frame 29 (pattern 28 for both)?

Having spent a solid ten years with NES chiptune, I love to see artists embrace FT. Do you have other tracks?

I think we officially have enough artists for a comp cartridge... A few songs, a little animation... I already have a pretty clean distribution system in place... I'll start a different thread and begin bugging people 😉

11 minutes ago, zi said:

I think we officially have enough artists for a comp cartridge... A few songs, a little animation... I already have a pretty clean distribution system in place... I'll start a different thread and begin bugging people 😉

If you need another artist and assembly coder, I am 100% down. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...