IGNORED

Did GameValueNow's collection page finally just die?

Another update.

Still taking longer than expected. I think they may be restructuring some of the coding or something, just a guess though. They thought they already had fixed it, but the errors persisted sadly. Another couple of days is the projection.

Sorry it is taking so long guys. I will let you guys know when it has been permanently fixed. I have been going back and forth with them every day now.

Edited by Magus
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Magus said:

Another update.

Still taking longer than expected. I think they may be restructuring some of the coding or something, just a guess. Another couple of days is the projection.

Sorry it is taking so long guys. I will let you guys know when it has been permanently fixed. 

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magus said:

Another update.

Still taking longer than expected. I think they may be restructuring some of the coding or something, just a guess though. They thought they already had fixed it, but the errors persisted sadly. Another couple of days is the projection.

Sorry it is taking so long guys. I will let you guys know when it has been permanently fixed. I have been going back and forth with them every day now.

Not all heroes wear capes - thanks for fighting the good fight.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, littlesamson said:

Not all heroes wear capes - thanks for fighting the good fight.

Ha just trying to do what i can. Happy to help. 

1 minute ago, Calan87 said:

Are they working on it over the weekend @Magus? Maybe they should hire Hogie to come trouble shoot for them 🤣

It's not troubleshooting at this point from what i understand. The database is a few years old now and needed to be rehauled/optimized. They saw this as a chance to fix all of that while the car is "on the lift", instead of patching it up. 

I am not sure if they plan on working on it over the weekend, but was told a few more days. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Magus said:

They made progress, hopefully by tomorrow or the end of the week. 

They switched entirely how the site processes the data.

These answers sure get longer every time - over a week now and still no updates from the sites owners. They need let people export their stuff and leave.  I have learned my lesson on using an online collection tracker.

Edited by requiemzz

1 hour ago, requiemzz said:

These answers sure get longer every time - over a week now and still no updates from the sites owners. They need let people export their stuff and leave.  I have learned my lesson on using an online collection tracker.

They don't want you to export. (who knows if they care or not) but for them, the more collections on their server the better so they can mine all the variants, and estimate quantity, of certain games people input or request. Honestly ive been wondering if ill ever get it back. I mean we are talking about GC here and their track record proves theyre not very good with these kinds of sites 🤬

7 hours ago, requiemzz said:

I am giving you updates every few days. I work for GVN. I am telling you exactly what they are telling me and what the plan is. There is no need for Gocollect owners to come here and post as well repeating what i am saying.

What started as a small issue that they were hoping to quickly fix, expanded into something bigger. Have you never had that happen in any projects you ever worked on? Your car? Your house? Sometimes you open a wall and realize 4 other problems you had no intention of fixing, but now have to address. 

More goes into running GVN than you guys think, it's why Rick sold it in the first place. He wanted to enjoy his life and his family and not spend all his time tweaking the database as it needs a lot of attention. More than i think some of you guys are giving credit for. 

I am just asking you guys to please be patient a little while longer. They are doing what they can to get it back up and hopefully better than before. If i am wrong i'll be here to eat crow. And i am trying to keep you guys in the loop. 

Edited by Magus

Administrator · Posted

At the VERY least I am confident that @Magus is being sincere with us, he's good people and I know he's been passionate about gvn as a service since long before the sale. He's stayed on to keep it going and that's great, but his hands are tied at least in that he can only do so much.

Let's at least give Magus the courtesy of acknowledging he's trying to keep us in the loop. He certainly doesn't HAVE to. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

At the VERY least I am confident that @Magus is being sincere with us, he's good people and I know he's been passionate about gvn as a service since long before the sale. He's stayed on to keep it going and that's great, but his hands are tied at least in that he can only do so much.

Let's at least give Maguz the courtesy of acknowledging he's trying to keep us in the loop. He certainly doesn't HAVE to. 

Thanks gloves, i appreciate it. I know people have already made their minds up and that's fine, i understand. But i really am just trying to keep everyone here in the loop with exactly what i am being told. GVN is important to me too, like you said i was working with Rick long before he sold it. 

But i genuinely have gotten no reason to believe they intend to let GVN burn down like some here believe. In fact they have given me many reasons to the opposite that they genuinely intend on getting it back up and better, and actually giving me more access to keep it that way. 

2 minutes ago, Magus said:

Thanks gloves, i appreciate it. I know people have already made their minds up and that's fine, i understand. But i really am just trying to keep everyone here in the loop with exactly what i am being told. GVN is important to me too, like you said i was working with Rick long before he sold it. 

But i genuinely have gotten no reason to believe they intend to let GVN burn down like some here believe. In fact they have given me many reasons to the opposite that they genuinely intend on getting it back up and better, and actually giving me more access to keep it that way. 

You get paid by them so yea... hopefully for you it stays that way.

I do feel bad for anyone if they were to loose their collection etc, but if GVN goes down it isn't the end of the world. 

39 minutes ago, Magus said:

I am giving you updates every few days. I work for GVN. I am telling you exactly what they are telling me and what the plan is. There is no need for Gocollect owners to come here and post as well repeating what i am saying.

What started as a small issue that they were hoping to quickly fix, expanded into something bigger. Have you never had that happen in any projects you ever worked on? Your car? Your house? Sometimes you open a wall and realize 4 other problems you had no intention of fixing, but now have to address. 

More goes into running GVN than you guys think, it's why Rick sold it in the first place. He wanted to enjoy his life and his family and not spend all his time tweaking the database as it needs a lot of attention. More than i think some of you guys are giving credit for. 

I am just asking you guys to please be patient a little while longer. They are doing what they can to get it back up and hopefully better than before. If i am wrong i'll be here to eat crow. And i am trying to keep you guys in the loop. 

I think what he was meaning by updates is that some people are resorting to finding our site to be able to ask questions. I think some of the frustration is there is no transparency on what is going on, on gamevaluenow.com as much as even a small banner at the top to let us know theyre working on the issue. I completely respect what youre doing with being the middle man and letting us know and im super appreciative. But with that said, you should not be the one letting us know everything especially since not everyone using collection tracker is on here. There NEEDS to be some kind of communication on the site.

• Like 1