IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

13 hours ago, Tanooki said:

SIgh... I may take a go at this.  I don't need it, but my best friend is in need of one for a room he's setting up for him and his many kids.  I'll try for any color and go from there.

Is there anything worth thinking of doing in advance or just be fast on typing your info into the box after hitting buy at the posted time?

Go to the store (https://www.analogue.co/store) and practice checking out with the Mega Sg Adapters (the only thing they have in stock). It's a standard checkout process. If your browser can pre-populate your address and credit card, that should get you through quickly.

• Thanks 1

Any reason to get a Mini NT if I have an original, full size NT?  I stopped following Analogue after I got my "Blue Bomber" NT years ago...then started following them again after they announced the TubroGrafx clone console.  So, don't really know too much about the Mini NT.

Edited by Sumer

2 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I'm gonna try to see if I can get the black one, personally. Love me some all black electronics.

I am planning on buying a Mega SG when it restocks, so actually I would rather not have the black because then it would kinda look too similar!

Anyway, maybe for the best, I'll get the SFC one, you get the Black, and HANDS OFF THE REST OF YOU VULTURES!!!!! 😤

• Like 1

Homebrew Team · Posted
49 minutes ago, Sumer said:

Any reason to get a Mini NT if I have an original, full size NT?  I stopped following Analogue after I got my "Blue Bomber" NT years ago...then started following them again after they announced the TubroGrafx clone console.  So, don't really know too much about the Mini NT.

The difference between NT and mini NT is that the NT was a custom PCB using original PPU and CPU chips.  The mini NT uses FPGA to do "hardware emulation".  This allows for a number of benefits.  To cut to the chase, a list of features for the nt mini noir.

EcApnqSU8AEwVfl.thumb.jpg.7d18544908e09617ee0481b99d2a5ca0.jpg

The biggest ones in my opinion are the simultaneous dual output (crt display + hdmi capture if you like) and the jailbreak (allows for the nt mini to become a bunch of other 8bit systems). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

The difference between NT and mini NT is that the NT was a custom PCB using original PPU and CPU chips.  The mini NT uses FPGA to do "hardware emulation".  This allows for a number of benefits.  To cut to the chase, a list of features for the nt mini noir.

The biggest ones in my opinion are the simultaneous dual output (crt display + hdmi capture if you like) and the jailbreak (allows for the nt mini to become a bunch of other 8bit systems). 

Is there a reason it's so much more expensive than the Super NT though? Because if it was the same price, I would absolutely smash that buy button right now. As it is, I'm gonna be doing business with AVS most likely, soon as that's back in stock...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Thanks!  Nothing that I am interested in, so I will pass on the Mini NT.  

I actually decided not to get HDMI output on my NT when I first customized it.  Opted for Composite Out (SCART?) instead.  I wonder if I was the only one who did not get HDMI on the original NT.  😄

Events Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Is there a reason it's so much more expensive than the Super NT though? Because if it was the same price, I would absolutely smash that buy button right now. As it is, I'm gonna be doing business with AVS most likely, soon as that's back in stock...

Yeah, that's the same thing drawing me towards the AVS more so than the Mini NT as well, the price is just so high, and it's noticeably higher than most of their other products from what I've seen. I'll probably be fine with the AVS, even if it isn't quite as good.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Aluminum case.  Includes both HDMI and analogue output.  4 controller ports.  2 cartridge slots.  Comes with one controller.  I'm sure there are a few other reasons, but those all add cost.  

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TDIRunner said:

Aluminum case.  Includes both HDMI and analogue output.  4 controller ports.  2 cartridge slots.  I'm sure there are a few other reasons, but those all add cost.  

Well, indeed!

Perhaps, if they produced a slimmed down model, plastic, 2 controller ports, HDMI only and and adaptor for FC carts, they'd have another surefire product for the line-up!

I will probably have bought an AVS by then, but it would be nice to see!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Well, indeed!

Perhaps, if they produced a slimmed down model, plastic, 2 controller ports, HDMI only and and adaptor for FC carts, they'd have another surefire product for the line-up!

I will probably have bought an AVS by then, but it would be nice to see!

That's exactly what I've been wanting for years.  I already have an NT Mini Noir, but if I could get an NT priced similar to the Super NT or Mega SG, I would sell my Noir and go with that.  I don't dislike the original NT or NT Mini, but I don't need the extra stuff that brings the price up.  

My thought is use a plastic case, because the other systems (Super NT, Mega SG, Pocket) are using plastic as well.  Drop the analogue output and make it compatible with the DAC.  Drop the 4 controller ports down to 2 and remove the FC slot and sell it as an adapter (which I would probably buy anyway).  I can't say for sure that would crop the price down to Super NT or Mega SG levels, but it would certainly help.  

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Aluminum case.  Includes both HDMI and analogue output.  4 controller ports.  2 cartridge slots.  Comes with one controller.  I'm sure there are a few other reasons, but those all add cost.  

Mostly the aluminum case.

Bunnyboy said that adding a famicom slot adds like $5 to his console, so I can't imagine it wouldn't be the same for Analogue. I don't think the 4 ports add that much, either.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Mostly the aluminum case.

Bunnyboy said that adding a famicom slot adds like $5 to his console, so I can't imagine it wouldn't be the same for Analogue. I don't think the 4 ports add that much, either.

It does look nice, and I'm sure it feels nice, but honestly I do think using aluminum is a bit overkill for something that, at the end of the day, is going to sit completely stationary on a shelf for most of it's life, haha. I honestly think most people (myself included) would prefer them to just use plastic in exchange for the lower price. I mean, I don't hear anyone ever complaining about the plastic cases on their other products.

• Like 1