IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

2 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

In the Classic Gaming discord, they were keeping track of amount sold by order numbers.  The last time i looked, the numbers were above 3,000 for the final run and that was a few days ago.  So I would say, Analogue sold 5,000 units for this run.  No way to know which orders were for 1 unit or for more than 1 unit though.  

They only sold one per person.

10 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Are you guys saying more than one per person, or more than one per order?  Because that's two very different things.  

They allowed more than one order per person. I do not know if they allowed multiple Nts on a single order. I never tried to checkout with more than one in my cart.

1 minute ago, RH said:

So, did they have preorders for the handheld?  I really thought I was on the mailing list but I don't recall that being offered.  I'm trying to bank a bit of cash for that one.

Not yet! I will update when they do. They have promised to reveal the order date ahead of time.

Honestly though, I'm not sure that's a good idea since it may crash the site. But they are tech people so presumably they would be prepared.

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

They allowed more than one order per person. I do not know if they allowed multiple Nts on a single order. I never tried to checkout with more than one in my cart.

Not yet! I will update when they do. They have promised to reveal the order date ahead of time.

Honestly though, I'm not sure that's a good idea since it may crash the site. But they are tech people so presumably they would be prepared.

My girlfriend tried to buy two and the system wouldn't let her. She ended up using her work email and mailing address to purchase a second one. Lol.

Edited by Californication

Is this going to be a thread about stocking, reselling and speculating/price gouging on Analogue products?
Can you make a new thread in the VG Economics subforum and continue the discussion there?

This doesn't belong in the Gauntlet subforum, which should be about playing games and systems. Not hocking them online.

Edited by ifightdragons

Homebrew Team · Posted

Someone mentioned this in the GC discord

If you have an NT mini noir in your cart, their web site will let you order it or more even though it is sold out.   I got to the payment screen.  I did not test it beyond that.  I don't need additional units.

Homebrew Team · Posted

@TDIRunner unknown.  In the past, Analogue would change items from Sold Out to Discontinued eventually if that was the case.  However they were never quick about it.  They rarely answer questions on social media anymore.  Best bet is to email them.  They will answer those.

https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2020 at 12:43 PM, Gloves said:

I very reluctantly placed a pre-order. It's incredibly expensive and will likely cost me big in customs fees. 😞

Same here sans-customs fees.  The hardest part for me is the $499 price tag charged immediately.  I've been spoiler by Amazon and their ilk not charging until shipping.  July is a long wait, especially when it could easily get delayed due to COVID-19.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RusticMeadows said:

Same here sans-customs fees.  The hardest part for me is the $499 price tag charged immediately.  I've been spoiler by Amazon and their ilk not charging until shipping.  July is a long wait, especially when it could easily get delayed due to COVID-19.

I agree with you that charging for the product upon shipping is the most fair business practice. BUT, one thing that's nice is that however long it takes, you kind of forget you've  paid that money, and it almost feels like a free purchase upon delivery.

Disclaimer: I completely understand this is illogical. But it's emotionally sound 😅

• Haha 1

I'm having trouble with 8bitdo m30s.  My first one's LED would not come on no matter what I did.  Ordered another one and after a week it won't pair with the receiver.  Both of them have their blue light on, solid.  Won't reconnect no matter what I do.  And I read how to reconnect by holding down the middle mode button.  Damn.  my SN30 has never had trouble what so ever.  This is really frustrating me as I still haven't returned my first m30 to amazon.

I tried to update the firmware and even that couldn't recognize the controller. I was watching a how to youtube vid and some guy mentioned hold L+R+S and I tried that and the blue light flashed. So I tried that upstairs and it connected. The instruction manual says nothing about this.

At least I have a button combo to try if it doesn't pair.

• 2 weeks later...
Homebrew Team · Posted
2 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

I’m glad that I was able to snag an NT mini V2 preorder. I wish they would explain how they improved the cartridge slot.

I wish they did as well.  I have many issues running GTROM games with the NT mini.  It has to be in the slot just right.  Other than that, as long as the cart pins are clean, I am good. 

On 3/20/2020 at 12:33 PM, Deadeye said:

I wish they did as well.  I have many issues running GTROM games with the NT mini.  It has to be in the slot just right.  Other than that, as long as the cart pins are clean, I am good. 

I have an original Nt and I've found that my older five screw games often have trouble loading. They display a PAL error message and require reseating the cartridge. I have no idea what causes it, but it seems it only happens in carts with pins running the whole length of the PCB. Hopefully this problem is fixed on these new Nt Minis.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the Game Gear adaptor, I've been using the updated 1.1 model that they sent out for about a week now, and it works great. When I first tried it, I was getting nothing however, then it occurred to me that I hadn't updated the Mega SG firmware for the better part of a year. Since I did that, the GG adaptor has been flawless. And I've really been enjoying Star Wars and Shinobi, but Outrun Europa sucks. Just throwing that out there.