IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

Homebrew Team · Posted
30 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

I do feel for early adopters of the Nt mini. I bet some of them would have upgraded had they known the changes to the console.

I am an original owner.  I thought some extra features might happen.  So I took the gamble and bought the final run as well.  Worst case, they were the same and I would sell one of the consoles.  

I would think most did not do what I did though.  

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

I am an original owner.  I thought some extra features might happen.  So I took the gamble and bought the final run as well.  Worst case, they were the same and I would sell one of the consoles.  

I would think most did not do what I did though.  

Whichever you end up selling, you'll more than likely make back your money and end up w/ a free NT Mini so...

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
24 minutes ago, Gloves said:

"One last run" is what was advertised, so presumably you'll need a time machine or hard cash to buy off ebay if you've not already pre-ordered.

Yeah, its not so much the price I dont like just the fact that they make it so limited. Ah well, win some lose some. Let me know when your AVS is for sale haha

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, BortLicensePlate said:

Yeah, its not so much the price I dont like just the fact that they make it so limited. Ah well, win some lose some. Let me know when your AVS is for sale haha

I am keeping you in mind for when the NT arrives!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I guess the Super NT won't be restocked anytime soon either.

Probably not... I do think they are going to restock at some point. But it may be a while.

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

I have to think at this point if they were going to do one, they'd have done it by now.

Yeah, I don't see it happening. Despite being tight-lipped about future plans, it seems like they prefer to move forward with new things. The Nt Mini felt like an angry concession more than an admission to demand.

The only thing that doesn't add up is all the work they did to redo the FPGA and add so many features for a single production run. So... maybe???

Graphics Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

The only thing that doesn't add up is all the work they did to redo the FPGA and add so many features for a single production run. So... maybe???

That's what I was hoping for, guess time will tell. Feels kinda ridiculous to put all that work in for one run

34 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Probably not... I do think they are going to restock at some point. But it may be a while.

Yeah, I don't see it happening. Despite being tight-lipped about future plans, it seems like they prefer to move forward with new things. The Nt Mini felt like an angry concession more than an admission to demand.

I was hoping to avoid having to get a Super NT on ebay when they are going for $400+. I'll probably just stick with my SNES 1 chip console and HDMI upscaler cable for now.

• 3 weeks later...

If that is Pocket sales, I'm curious how well that thing will end up doing.  I know I'm being kind of picky about it, but I think they're really hosing buyers on how that one is setup.  $200 just for the handheld, and really for it to get every feature out of it intended you need the dock which isn't free either for TV play.  Then if you're a handheld player if you want to run those others, they're all polymega pricing them out for a fee for each.  I could see it getting up there with their NES system which is a massive turn off.  I so want it, but the price seems a bit too much to bare.

23 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Hey all. Not quite back to VGS yet, but felt it was my civic duty to update this thread. Not sure if preorders start today or just an announcement on preorders or something completely different, but wanted everyone to have a fair shake. 1100 EST!

Good luck!

Looks like preorders are august 3rd at 8am PST. 

• Thanks 1

Homebrew Team · Posted

There is a lot of accessories, so pay attention to what comes in the box for the items you buy, to avoid buying extra stuff you don't need.

Pocket:
    Analogue Pocket [black]
    USB-C cable

Dock:
    Analogue Dock
    18W Fast charging Worldwide USB-C Power Supply [100-240v, 50/60hz, USA/JPN plug-type]
    HDMI cable
    USB-C cable

So if you buy Pocket + Dock, in the way I am reading everything, you don't need to buy USB-C or charging brick.

The music composing with midi cables is pretty cool for chiptune artists.

• Like 2

Interested, but damn, it looks like I will be in for over $400 with the accessories I want to get once you figure in shipping.  Still though, I think I'm going for it.  

Edit:   I didn't realize that two of the adapters will not be part of the initial pre-order.  So that will at least save me $60 next month.  But regardless, I want to get those once they are available.  

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 1