IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

https://www.analogue.co/store

Stock Status

• Preorders Available: Duo, Pocket, Pocket Adapters (TG-16/NGPC/Lynx)/Game Gear)
  • In Stock - Mega Sg Adapters, DAC
  • OOS - N/A
  • Discontinued - Nt, Nt Mini V1, Nt Mini V2 (Noir), Super Nt, Mega Sg

Analogue Duo ($249)

• TurboGrafx-16
  • PC Engine
  • SuperGrafx
  • TurboGrafx CD
  • PC Engine CD-ROM²
  • Super Arcade CD-ROM
  • Shipping 2023

image.png

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

Homebrew Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Neat. This is like the FF7 Remake of Analogue. Can't believe someone dropped $3000 for one.

The news later this week: Final NT Mini, we saw how much these were going for in the second hand market and see they are worth a lot more than we were selling them for back during the first two runs.  Final run price, $ 3,500 + shipping. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

Isn't the Pocket supposed to be $199???

I think so. I was just giving them a little ribbing since their prices are always kind of ridiculous. I believe the dock will have to be purchased separately, so more likely $299.

And to be clear, I will be immediately throwing my money at them, further encouraging this madness.

29 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I think so. I was just giving them a little ribbing since their prices are always kind of ridiculous. I believe the dock will have to be purchased separately, so more likely $299.

And to be clear, I will be immediately throwing my money at them, further encouraging this madness.

I want one but I'm a little miffed that they are going with some type of SNES-style button layout for the action buttons, IIRC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadeye said:

$450 -$500 depending if you got anodized clear or powder coated black. 

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

For reference, the original Nt was $500 as well. Crazy!

I didn't remember the Mini's costing that much.  I thought the original was that much, but I also thought the Mini's were much cheaper.  That sort of reminds me why I didn't get one.  At that price range, I'm more likely to look at the AVS.  

40 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I didn't remember the Mini's costing that much.  I thought the original was that much, but I also thought the Mini's were much cheaper.  That sort of reminds me why I didn't get one.  At that price range, I'm more likely to look at the AVS.  

They were only like $50 cheaper than the original, IIRC. They still used the aluminum shell, where most of the cost probably is. I would think that a second run would also have the metal shell. If they were doing plastic, you would think that it wouldn't be a final run.

I suspect that they are looking at the slowing of the NES collecting market and are going for one last hurrah for those who want one.

Just now, Californication said:

Final Batch? That is ominous. It would be really nice to get one of these.

Yeah, I suspect that they ran the numbers on the market for a new NES clone console. Not that people won't stop collecting, but that the critical mass for a high end clone is shrinking below their profit margin.

22 minutes ago, BortLicensePlate said:

I always assumed they were done with the aluminum crap and were planning on making an NT with a price point closer to the super nt. Oh well

That is what I was hoping.  Super NT and Mega SG are within my price points (as is the AVS).  The aluminum is cool and all, but not something I'm willing to put my money into.  

51 minutes ago, BortLicensePlate said:

I always assumed they were done with the aluminum crap and were planning on making an NT with a price point closer to the super nt. Oh well

27 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

That is what I was hoping.  Super NT and Mega SG are within my price points (as is the AVS).  The aluminum is cool and all, but not something I'm willing to put my money into.  

Agreed. I have the Nt and the aluminum casing is way too heavy; it's annoying to move it in and out of my media center. Fingers crossed they'll cut the price and switch to a plastic shell for this run.

3 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Fingers crossed they'll cut the price and switch to a plastic shell for this run.

While that is the hope, I am skeptical that they would do that if they are only doing one final run. Commissioning a mold, redoing the design, etc.

I think it will be aluminum again, since that was what was in place before.

• Like 1