Sign in to follow this  
Gloves

Baubles & Charms Discussion Thread

13 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

The second: you can easily verify a full set for a dead console or series, but what about series that are still being produced? If someone gets verified for Animal Crossing today, do you check with them again when New Horizons comes out to make sure they still have a full series???

I liked the way this worked on NA (and correct me if I'm not remembering this properly). You would get the "badge" for completing it. When the game series gets a new release, it gets added to the requirements (pending approvals). All new submissions would require the new release. Folks that had obtained the "badge" already get to keep it. They do not need to get the newly released game. If that's _not_ how it worked and this was just an idea in my head, then I say we go with this 😄 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nintegageo said:

based on what it says, you have the 3DO one done 😉

YESSS! Another bauble for the profile! *winning* 😄 

7 hours ago, Splain said:

Neat idea, but I personally don't want to see too much emphasis on the "likes" etc because you can see what happens to the conversations on sites that do.

7 hours ago, Gloves said:

Agree. You get a little reputation number under/beside your name and I think that's plenty enough recognition personally.

That's fair, but at the same time it also encourages engagement, and while people will always be dicks/trolls/shitlords it'd be a nice feature. I'd personally put it in with some caveats and/or restrictions in place (Like not including certain subforums), and make it so you can essentially shadowban users that abuse such things.

10 hours ago, ninjistar said:

I liked the way this worked on NA (and correct me if I'm not remembering this properly). You would get the "badge" for completing it. When the game series gets a new release, it gets added to the requirements (pending approvals). All new submissions would require the new release. Folks that had obtained the "badge" already get to keep it. They do not need to get the newly released game. If that's _not_ how it worked and this was just an idea in my head, then I say we go with this 😄 

That's the way I remember it too, and I think it's the best way to do it. The entire thing is on the honor system anyway because it's not really important enough for admins to take the time to truly police the thing.  (I wouldn't wish that on anyone)

On 2/13/2020 at 10:43 AM, MiamiSlice said:

Yeah, I'm about to drop the first few worms. The first: I love having these for series because that's what I like to collect, but if it's done then I ask that some attempts be made to balance the sizes of the series. Collecting every Mario game ever made would be a lot to ask, but having Mario Tennis or Mario Party as a series would be really cool

just spitballing here, but i'd imagine if there's a "Mario" award it would just be mainline Mario games but wouldn't include sports/kart/party/offshoot titles. But now that i'm putting more thought into it, what would all count for the main mario series?

Donkey Kong?
Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros 1-3
Super Mario World 1-2
Super Mario Land 1-2 (3?)
Mario Clash?
Mario RPG?
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy 1-2
Super Mario 3D Land / 3D World
New Super Mario Bros (DS, 2, Wii, WiiU) (Super Luigi U?)
Mario Odyssey
Mario Maker?

i'm sure there's stuff i'm not thinking of too.

• Like 1

For Mario I would hope it's all the main line platforming adventure titles.  Nothing creative (Mario Paint, Maker), nothing doing a sport(kart racing, tennis, golf), or any other bizarre junk.  Donkey Kong would kind of open another can of worms adding that, dk jr, dk classics perhaps as well.  The rabbit hole could even get worse with Mario Bros too, and the ereader card copies of them, not to mention SMB game & watch original, crystal, and keychain.

That reminds me.  What about a full set of e-reader games?  

8 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Seems you have them all too lol

I always add new awards to myself so I can grab the images to update the Full List thread.

Just now, Gloves said:

I always add new awards to myself so I can grab the images to update the Full List thread.

ahhh, gotcha, hehe, wasn't trying to call u out 🙂 just messing round.  Guess i just seen it too quickly

Just now, Jeevan said:

ahhh, gotcha, hehe, wasn't trying to call u out 🙂 just messing round.  Guess i just seen it too quickly

You're too attentive!

• Haha 1