IGNORED

Ranks & Badges Discussion Thread

Gloves

Editorials Team · Posted
17 hours ago, RH said:

Ful set for OG Game Boy (which must include Pokemon Yellow.)

I second this. But we both want this because we both have this full set, lol

And I think if we're requiring some random Game Boy Color game, then we should allow ANY Game Boy Color game, not just that one specific Game Boy Color game.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Splain said:

I second this. But we both want this because we both have this full set, lol

And I think if we're requiring some random Game Boy Color game, then we should allow ANY Game Boy Color game, not just that one specific Game Boy Color game.

19 hours ago, RH said:

Ful set for OG Game Boy (which must include Pokemon Yellow.)

Hmmmm.

gameboy.png.ec7b237961022db6273af33dc1ef

Added. Go claim.

• Thanks 1

Do the sets have definitions (US, licensed, etc.) or is it more personally whether I consider to have "the set"? Do I need Outback Joey? Do I need MACS?? Can I be like that Nintendo Quest guy and not count Flintstones Dino Peak because he incorrectly claimed it was a Blockbuster exclusive???

Edited by DefaultGen

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Do the sets have definitions (US, licensed, etc.) or is it more personally whether I consider to have "the set"? Do I need Outback Joey? Do I need MACS?? Can I be like that Nintendo Quest guy and not count Flintstones Dino Peak because he incorrectly claimed it was a Blockbuster exclusive???

All the games "in your region". If you're in PAL or JP region then it's THAT region that counts for you. As for stuff like MACS, I dunno... should it? What do you think?

Just now, Gloves said:

All the games "in your region". If you're in PAL or JP region then it's THAT region that counts for you. As for stuff like MACS, I dunno... should it? What do you think?

I mean I wouldn't personally count MACS, but some people would. Some people would count Sachen games. NintendoAge would inconsistently "count" publisher re-releases like Myriad 6-in-1 or Accolade Centipede, but didn't "count" tons other republished games like Majesco ones. The SNES competition carts were sold, but were sold as used competition carts, I think there's a good argument on both sides of those.

I just like rules and lists, they keep my life on the rails.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, DefaultGen said:

I mean I wouldn't personally count MACS, but some people would. Some people would count Sachen games. NintendoAge would inconsistently "count" publisher re-releases like Myriad 6-in-1 or Accolade Centipede, but didn't "count" tons other republished games like Majesco ones. The SNES competition carts were sold, but were sold as used competition carts, I think there's a good argument on both sides of those.

I just like rules and lists, they keep my life on the rails.

I'll be totally honest man, I just give a quick glance and trust that people are telling the truth when they say "this is everything".

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'll be totally honest man, I just give a quick glance and trust that people are telling the truth when they say "this is everything".

I think that is the correct way to do it. It is not worth your or anyone else's time to verify. And if someone gets their kicks out of scamming badges on a website, then so be it.

• Like 1

Probably been answered but I haven't read through the whole thread.  Will there be charms for gaming itself?  Perhaps participating in the game completion/contest. I know at least a few of us have stopped collecting but still engage here on the gaming side.  Moved to FPGA and PC myself but still playing plenty.

MISTer owner charm?

Edited by zeppelin03

FYI, I know a lot of people want "Complete Sets" for series and what not, but a simpler solution might be to have a generic "Series Complete Set" charm and part of the rules could be own all games within a game series (minimum 5+ games in the set).  That way, people who love obscure sets, or sets only available in Europe or Japan can get a badge.  Of course, you can only get the badge once, even if you have multiple sets.

If this is considered, I'd also like to suggest a badge for "Own All Games by a specific Developer/Publisher".  Even on NA, I wanted to ask for a badge for owning every "Squaresoft" game, but I knew that would open a big can of worms for every other company from Nintendo, SEGA, CAPCOM, Konami, Kemco, LJN, etc.

But to be fair, having a reason to create an LJN badge would be pretty awesome.  I almost think I'd go for that set just to get the charm.

Edited by RH

I know this is unlikely to emerge, but I'd love to see one for the folks who've built up a full NES set minus SE.  It could even be something as simple as the existing NES badge, but with "-1" or "-SE" over a corner.

4 minutes ago, MuNKeY said:

...but what happened to the magical sage lettuce?! 

...the Sage smoked it?  😜

Edited by darkchylde28