IGNORED

Ranks & Badges Discussion Thread

Gloves

17 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

What on earth does the site doing an April Fools gag on everyone have to do with giving away individual charms?!?

Probably referring to the small number of awards that NA had that referred to one-time unique events.  I'm not sure that this would qualify, but who knows?  I'm in the camp of keeping the charms few and far between to make them more interesting.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Social Team · Posted
8 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

What on earth does the site doing an April Fools gag on everyone have to do with giving away individual charms?!?

April fool day was more of joke but I was more thinking of the St. Patrick Day and Valentine Day events that actually had a competition associated with those days.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Social Team · Posted
On 5/13/2021 at 3:54 PM, Psychopat said:

Hey! planning on having badge for full series? for Example owning all Mario games  or something?

There was some talk of about this but I think the issue was where did you draw the line in what series got a charm/badge or not.  Maybe we can have a fix number of games need for a series to be considered eligible for a charm/badge.  Mario and Sonic have made a crap ton of games so @Glovescould just pick like a limit of 40 games.  Then there would have to be like a list of games needed so like do you include games with Mario in the title, is a main playable character, or if he is a character that you ever get a chance to control in anyway.  So what I'm saying is you'll need to put forth more criteria on what you are proposing so Gloves doesn't have to think too hard.  Other wise he answer will be...

Parks And Recreation No GIF

Also the requirement will need some challenge to do.  Whole console collection is a challenge so this new proposed series should be too.  My initial thought would be where the character a main character (can beat game as character, would include if unlockable character) AND is played on a console (ones with badges/charms for full set).  I'm not including stupid things like tiger handhelds.  Oh and for the game count, 40 seems like nice challenge.  Mario and Sonic should hit that mark pretty easy and more.  Luigi should hit it too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 9:20 AM, FireHazard51 said:

There was some talk of about this but I think the issue was where did you draw the line in what series got a charm/badge or not.  Maybe we can have a fix number of games need for a series to be considered eligible for a charm/badge.  Mario and Sonic have made a crap ton of games so @Glovescould just pick like a limit of 40 games.  Then there would have to be like a list of games needed so like do you include games with Mario in the title, is a main playable character, or if he is a character that you ever get a chance to control in anyway.  So what I'm saying is you'll need to put forth more criteria on what you are proposing so Gloves doesn't have to think too hard.  Other wise he answer will be...

Parks And Recreation No GIF

Also the requirement will need some challenge to do.  Whole console collection is a challenge so this new proposed series should be too.  My initial thought would be where the character a main character (can beat game as character, would include if unlockable character) AND is played on a console (ones with badges/charms for full set).  I'm not including stupid things like tiger handhelds.  Oh and for the game count, 40 seems like nice challenge.  Mario and Sonic should hit that mark pretty easy and more.  Luigi should hit it too.

I'd say: It's a case by case scenario but basically would need to be every game in a particular series where: 1 - The Character is playable in a full playthrough of the game And/OR 2 - The Character is in the title of the game. But then things like Final Fantasy don't fit in their criteria. Basically how it worked on Nintendo Age is that there were a precise list of every game needed for each series set

• 2 months later...
Administrator · Posted
On 5/8/2021 at 2:37 AM, Nes Freak said:

if i remember correctly nintendoage had a badge for the test station owners.  so i made one.  hope it looks ok.

test station.png

Just saw this. I like the hustle. Added

Are you also planning to apply for the Charm yourself? I need to see some sexy photo proof!

22 hours ago, Gloves said:

Just saw this. I like the hustle. Added

Are you also planning to apply for the Charm yourself? I need to see some sexy photo proof!

i had two of them  but sold one  i just recapped mine and the other one too 😛

also here a small update to the icon.  so the TV doesnt look flat looking.  chose which ever one you prefer to use though

nes.png.3e6cb1c010257a544e62f18c585683b4.png

Edited by Nes Freak

5 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

There should be a charm for collections like mine. Sets that’ll never actually be completed, cuz do I look like I’m made of money, and no tangible “accomplishments” beyond another point of marital tension.  No super secret one-of-a kinds and no giant awesome “things”.

Yeah! NES complete minus SE!!

• 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

@Gloves

Im not sure how you’d distinguish it from the VGS t shirt but a VGS jersey would be cool if you participate in a VGS fantasy football league. Maybe a football helmet with the sage instead?

I'm a bit wary of a charm for an "event" which requires a buy-in and has nothing to do with video games. 

Personally anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

I'm a bit wary of a charm for an "event" which requires a buy-in and has nothing to do with video games. 

Personally anyway. 

Hmm I see your point

edit: you do have to pay to get the subscriber coin but the site is video game related

Edited by a3quit4s