IGNORED

Ranks & Badges Discussion Thread

Gloves

I made a joke reply in the sign up thread but got me thinking since we are tracking transactions now we should have charms for different tiers. It would be cool to see seller reputation without needing to hit their profile.

10+ Positive

50+ Positive

100+ Positive

The graphic should definitely feature Khajiit ooorrrr the happy mask guy lol

• Like 3

Administrator · Posted
18 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I made a joke reply in the sign up thread but got me thinking since we are tracking transactions now we should have charms for different tiers. It would be cool to see seller reputation without needing to hit their profile.

10+ Positive

50+ Positive

100+ Positive

The graphic should definitely feature Khajiit ooorrrr the happy mask guy lol

Mmmmm.

I like it.

Since the NES set is so hard to complete due to Stadium Events cost/rarity, how about a badge for those who have the full set minus SE? It could be a picture of a NES with big letters over it that read "Phony," "Fraud," "Poser," or a similar insult. A little light-hearted ribbing, but still a nice way to show the accomplishment.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Since the NES set is so hard to complete due to Stadium Events cost/rarity, how about a badge for those who have the full set minus SE? It could be a picture of a NES with big letters over it that read "Phony," "Fraud," "Poser," or a similar insult. A little light-hearted ribbing, but still a nice way to show the accomplishment.

What about in 2 years when little samson is worth $5000, or some other random but rare cart that WallStreetBets blows up? It's a rabbit trail when you make exceptions and with this crazy market, you'll only need to add more exceptions.

1 hour ago, RH said:

What about in 2 years when little samson is worth $5000, or some other random but rare cart that WallStreetBets blows up? It's a rabbit trail when you make exceptions and with this crazy market, you'll only need to add more exceptions.

$5,000 for little Samson is about 5x the cost now so Stadium events would be what $80k-$100k? Plus it’s not even about the money how many real opportunities do you get to buy a Samson vs a Stadium Events? Even if you had the money for it the ability to buy it at will sets it apart

10 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Motion denied 😛

Obviously, but I hope my point still went across.  

At the end of the day, I truly don't care what everyone here decides.  It's not important enough to me to spend much time arguing about it.  I will simply state that making exceptions is a bad idea because it opens up a big can of worms.  

8 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Obviously, but I hope my point still went across.  

At the end of the day, I truly don't care what everyone here decides.  It's not important enough to me to spend much time arguing about it.  I will simply state that making exceptions is a bad idea because it opens up a big can of worms.  

My first post to gloves was a joke anyways I’m just continuing the conversation because it’s my wife’s night to put bubba to bed and I’m to lazy to get up and go to the Switch. 

I do think there is a case to made about the no duplicates rule and Stadium Events and World Class Track Meet being the same game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

I do think there is a case to made about the no duplicates rule and Stadium Events and World Class Track Meet being the same game.

...And since SE came first, WCTM is the duplicate, so I'll assume you are now changing your request to have the Full NES set count minus WCTM??? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Social Team · Posted
On 1/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, DoctorEncore said:

It should be mario pulling out his empty picks with a frown. 

NES charm with power light on for full set.  Blinking power light for incomplete set.

Social Team · Posted
On 3/2/2021 at 1:35 AM, DarkTone said:

What about owning a custom console? 

I'm having a hard time figuring out where you draw the line for custom console and "custom" console that is DIY job done like shit which any one could do.  Most charms done DON'T need a panel review make a ruling on if you get the charm or not as it's clearly defined what is required.

Edited by FireHazard51
forgot a word

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

I'm having a hard time figuring out where you draw the line for custom console and "custom" console that is DIY job done like shit which any one could do.  Most charms done need a panel review make a ruling on if you get the charm or not as it's clearly defined what is required.

Back on NA all you had to do to earn a custom/modded charm was remove the region lock on your NES (all that requires is snipping a wire, basically).

• 4 weeks later...