IGNORED

Badge Signup Thread

Gloves

4 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Super tough.  What is the going rate for it now?  I think we had a post about that recently.

I’m hoping to find one for 900-1000 when I’m in the market. I had a healthy fund stashed aside but I bought some nes games I needed 😶

Price is certainly subjective to who’s in the market for one and whether or not the sale is private or public. The last public one I can recall was on Nintendoage and it sold for just over $1,000. I’m not sure how many people are actively collecting the older home brews now. I know where a handful of them are and i don’t personally see any of the ones I’m aware of being for sale. Cash talks though. Who knows. 🙂 

Edited by Foochie776
More thoughts to add

3 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

Would you say that bounties are generally more effective than a general WTB post?

I would yes, cash talks. I’d be more inclined to sell hard to find stuff if I had the number presented to me personally. 

Though just general conversation can work well too. When I was approached by the seller who sold me my 2009 cart, he’d told me wasn’t opposed to selling but wasn’t trying to sell. 

Edited by Foochie776
More thoughts

3 hours ago, Deadeye said:

@LeatherRebel5150 added 👍.  Nice collection!  Going for all of the Xmas series?

2 hours ago, Foochie776 said:

If he is he’s got the two tough ones left! I still only need 2008 myself ☹️

I would certainly like to one day. But never actively went for it. Just started getting them the year I started collecting. I was only a few weeks late to the party for 2010 though, as I started collecting in mid January 2011. I don't think I ever recall seeing a 2009 for sale but do remember at least one 2008 

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I would certainly like to one day. But never actively went for it. Just started getting them the year I started collecting. I was only a few weeks late to the party for 2010 though, as I started collecting in mid January 2011. I don't think I ever recall seeing a 2009 for sale but do remember at least one 2008 

I bought my 2009 from Quest earlier this year. 2010 comes up somewhat often 

• 3 weeks later...
Moderator · Posted
16 minutes ago, ChortleMyBalls said:

I'd like that Music Cart Collection one please!

This thread is very cool, I got to see some music cart labels that I haven't been able to get a good look at otherwise 🙂

20200710_154503.thumb.jpg.e0335129766b45dc129cae37c4f77da6.jpg

You got it! Nice collection by the way 😉

Are you able to get your 8-Bit Music Power to work on your NES? I can't get mine to work with the Famicom to NES adaptor I have.

1 hour ago, Scrobins said:

You got it! Nice collection by the way 😉

Are you able to get your 8-Bit Music Power to work on your NES? I can't get mine to work with the Famicom to NES adaptor I have.

Thanks!

And no, I'm afraid to even attempt to play 8-Bit Music Power because of the notoriously bad hardware inside. This guy said it actually killed his famicom console: https://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=12633.15  

If I look at the bottom of mine I can see a bit of white wire looping out and back into the casing right next to the PCB. It's super sketchy.

The root issue seems to be the use of chips rated below the voltage used by the console. There are some folks here (https://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13857) who have modded their carts to play and there are pics of how to do it, if you're so inclined. It looks like just adding two components and a bit of wire. But it doesn't really fix the underlying issue and I don't feel comfortable risking my original childhood nintendo.

So I've only played that one through a flashcart. The hardware issue is really a shame because I think it's one of the best music carts I've gotten hold of.

• 2 weeks later...
Moderator · Posted
On 7/10/2020 at 3:56 PM, ChortleMyBalls said:

I'd like that Music Cart Collection one please!

This thread is very cool, I got to see some music cart labels that I haven't been able to get a good look at otherwise 🙂

20200710_154503.thumb.jpg.e0335129766b45dc129cae37c4f77da6.jpg

I thought I was the only person who collect ASM Retro! Very cool. Whats the last NES cart in the second row? I've seen it once before at a Retro Game shop in NYC, but the label doesn't tell much.

Moderator · Posted
1 hour ago, fsped09 said:

I thought I was the only person who collect ASM Retro! Very cool. Whats the last NES cart in the second row? I've seen it once before at a Retro Game shop in NYC, but the label doesn't tell much.

It's an early NES chiptune album Duck Tails by Puzzle Boys, better known as Chaz Buchanan

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Homebrew Team · Posted
14 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

I'd like the brew crew badge as I beta tested Spook O Tron, and here is my wall of NES with 100+ homebrews.  I think I also have 10 chiptunes in there, too, but I need to verify.20200125_161534.thumb.jpg.f86dbf92ba1785c309d5d352475fb5b5.jpg

Nice!  Added Brew Crew and 100.  Let us know about chip tunes.

• Thanks 1