IGNORED

Badge Signup Thread

Gloves

Homebrew Team · Posted

@NEET.dreams for homebrew collection charm, no repros, rom hacks, or translations.  I am unfamiliar with Metal Gear Solid for Genesis.  Did the developer program their own port without using the original code?  Like E.T. for NES?  Then that counts.  I think the total is 38 /39, right?

16 hours ago, Deadeye said:

@NEET.dreams for homebrew collection charm, no repros, rom hacks, or translations.  I am unfamiliar with Metal Gear Solid for Genesis.  Did the developer program their own port without using the original code?  Like E.T. for NES?  Then that counts.  I think the total is 38 /39, right?

Yeah 39 using those rules. And MGS for Genesis is just Crackdown with the title screen text changed. I still think it should count for something. We need a bootleg badge. 

Edited by NEET.dreams

I have not kept up with the new charms lately. I would like to sign up please. 

First is the chipmusic cartridge one please. 

Second is whichever developer/homebrew/chip artist charms you feel would apply (Brewer/ Graphic Artist / Chiptuner / Publisher) . I released/developed the music cart Moonfall all on my own. Code, graphics, music, cart production. Link to that is in my signature. 

Chipcarts.jpeg.2e29bc7bc556149733c0380a3b45d4af.jpeg

Edited by TylerBarnes
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TylerBarnes said:

I have not kept up with the new charms lately. I would like to sign up please. 

First is the chipmusic cartridge one please. 

Second is whichever developer/homebrew/chip artist charms you feel would apply (Brewer/ Graphic Artist / Chiptuner / Publisher) . I released/developed the music cart Moonfall all on my own. Code, graphics, music, cart production. Link to that is in my signature. 

Impressive, and I think you'd also qualify on that 10+ homebrew and 10+ chiptune cart owners baubles as well, pickiness to the max considering you do graphics and the rest you would run the line of those little icons on that page.  I don't use flash, have you ever considered placing that moon cart of yours up on youtube or is it?  I'd be curious to sample what you pulled off as it looks like the tracks stretch the decades.

And on baubles I was wondering if more were coming like for those who were in the gaming industry perhaps seeing as I saw there was overlap for those who beta tested, programmed, etc on homebrew, so how about retail?  Perhaps media as well considering I think NA (which I know this isn't) had journalistic credit too.  Also I recall stuff like amusement machines (arcade, pinball etc) having an icon too.

• Thanks 1

Moderator · Posted
Just now, MiamiSlice said:

@Scrobins ok. Do music releases like Note! - Color Mechanica for Sega CD count toward homebrew or just music?

Since we made a dedicated badge for chiptune I’d say it should just count toward that badge, however something like 8 or 16 Bit Rhythm Land would be more of a homebrew game.

Homebrew Team · Posted

@ninjistar for the homebrew charm, only homebrew games count towards it.  So no romhacks or reproductions, etc.  That Kart Fighter is a reproduction of an unlicensed game made during the console's life, so we have to excluded it.

Got another homebrews to add in to make it 10?  Add it in and we can give you the charm. 

18 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

@ninjistar for the homebrew charm, only homebrew games count towards it.  So no romhacks or reproductions, etc.  That Kart Fighter is a reproduction of an unlicensed game made during the console's life, so we have to excluded it.

Got another homebrews to add in to make it 10?  Add it in and we can give you the charm. 

No worries, @DeadeyeI certainly do have more! I'll update my post above in a moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...