Jump to content
Gloves

Charms Signup Thread

Recommended Posts

complete loose US Virtual Boy set:

RcAfzYL.jpg

 

complete loose US Sega 32x set (+Darxide Repro. also, top labels rule!):

xYdLyXG.jpg

i know there's an argument that the 4 Sega CD/32x games need to be included, but i don't subscribe to that belief. How can a CD game be part of a system that has no disc drive?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, twiztor said:

[ snip ]

complete loose US Sega 32x set (+Darxide Repro. also, top labels rule!):

xYdLyXG.jpg

i know there's an argument that the 4 Sega CD/32x games need to be included, but i don't subscribe to that belief. How can a CD game be part of a system that has no disc drive?

The 32x set has 31 games? I feel like this is a completely missed opportunity 😛 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, twiztor said:

complete loose US Virtual Boy set:

RcAfzYL.jpg

 

complete loose US Sega 32x set (+Darxide Repro. also, top labels rule!):

xYdLyXG.jpg

i know there's an argument that the 4 Sega CD/32x games need to be included, but i don't subscribe to that belief. How can a CD game be part of a system that has no disc drive?

Added VB, but we don't have an award for 32x (yet). Remind me later if you see we've added it but didn't give it to you!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved these back on NA. Will these be for NTSC sets or would a PAL set also qualify? Being from Europe it's basically impossible to get a full NTSC set and in general PAL sets are not that much harder or easier to complete than NTSC sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Beliskner said:

Loved these back on NA. Will these be for NTSC sets or would a PAL set also qualify? Being from Europe it's basically impossible to get a full NTSC set and in general PAL sets are not that much harder or easier to complete than NTSC sets.

Collect your own region! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whee! Games are either English or Japanese label. I own all the games that were available in North America and some Japan exclusive games as well.

 

20191129_122040.jpg

Edited by Nintegageo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understood. My E-penis has just shrunk.

I assume you are going to have people check in ever year to make sure their collections are intact? 😉

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, snk2d4ever said:

Understood. My E-penis has just shrunk.

I assume you are going to have people check in ever year to make sure their collections are intact? 😉

 

 

It seems just considering you sold such an awesome collection my man

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gloves said:

I'm sorry but I don't think I can allow it. Harsh I know, but one thing leads to another and next thing you know this JOKER has a bunch of Charms:

image.png

 

But why should we leave him out? Maybe we need a badge for a complete set of Everdrives?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RH said:

But why should we leave him out? Maybe we need a badge for a complete set of Everdrives?

+1 for that.  Probably my only chance to get a badge.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd need an everdrive (or apparently an everdrive-like cart/device) for... every system that someone invented one for?? That WOULD be very impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah and even then how do you really qualify it?  There have been kits that have come and gone over the years now that would make it impossible to say you had a full set of copier kits.  Some systems just don't have one now but did before, and so on, and then others aren't exactly the same but a piggy back device like PSIO or the SD card replacement drop in drives for CD consoles (Saturn, DC, etc.)

Perhaps a bauble if you own 5+ would be logical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was kidding, but if it was to be a semi-serious badge, you could make it a complete set (one for each system) Everdrive only badge.  I'm not an Everdrive guy, but if they have 15 types/versions for 10 systems, you'd need to have 10x everdrives, one for each system.  But, you wouldn't have to have the most up to date version.

Again, I'm not suggesting this but I think it's fair.  How many systems have Everdrives, anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I assumed that you mean Everdrive, instead of generically saying flash cart.  Everdrive is a brand name, and it's well established as to which consoles they are available for (of which I have one of each).  There are of course, other brands of flash carts, and it would be difficult argue whether they should be included or not.  Probably not a realistic badge to create, but I would still love to have it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's probably not realistic due to fairness. Krikzz doesn't deserve (no offense) being sucked up to any more than any other kit maker.  He does fine work, but there are others that will match and perhaps exceed his skills in overlapping ways, or on systems he's not touched.  Saint of RetroHQ has the NGPC and Lynx kits for example, and enough have done the whole DS and 3DS line too.  But with overlap BennVenn has his amazing line of DMG/GBC flash kits that are just as nice if not nicer than krikzz at a fraction of the price.  And they've functionally been around a lot longer too, as such with the Tototek devices I recall or the earlier GB to GBA stuff as it had lots of makers.  Even the NES/SNES had the powerpaks that are now out of date.  If flash kits got a badge a number would have to be made and an icon of some generic nature to cover it would have to happen to be right about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...