IGNORED

Badge Signup Thread

Gloves

Good news! I got Shaq Fu in the mail yesterday and I should be done! Bad news, since we are working and moving stuff around the house my office is in, my collection is now behind a bunch of junk and buried under 3-4 boxes.  So... I'll be posting my collection when I can get to it, which might take another month or three.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Splain said:

Game Boy full set plz!

ZqsiHiY.jpg

Pkmn Yellow included for anyone who is under-informed about it.

I'm actually curious now about what is considered a complete set of Game Boy games. How is that determined, and why call out Pokemon Yellow as not part of the set? The original box art doesn't call it a Color game, and it is compatible. Then there's Gold / Silver which are also compatible, even though box art says it's for Color. What about games that are black carts, or Pokemon Pinball? I'm honestly curious how we define what a complete set is for something like this.

7 minutes ago, foldor said:

I'm actually curious now about what is considered a complete set of Game Boy games. How is that determined, and why call out Pokemon Yellow as not part of the set? The original box art doesn't call it a Color game, and it is compatible. Then there's Gold / Silver which are also compatible, even though box art says it's for Color. What about games that are black carts, or Pokemon Pinball? I'm honestly curious how we define what a complete set is for something like this.

Pokemon Yellow is considered to be a color game because Nintendo said so: 

It does palette swaps when played on GBC like other GBC games. 

All the black carts, Gold / Silver and Pokemon Pinball are considered to be "Game Boy Color enhanced" and are therefore not considered to be part of the GB set. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

Pokemon Yellow is considered to be a color game because Nintendo said so: 

It does palette swaps when played on GBC like other GBC games. 

All the black carts and Pokemon Pinball are considered to be "Game Boy Color enhanced" and are therefore not considered to be part of the GB set. 

So are "Game Boy Color enhanced" games a different and distinct set to regular GB and GBC game sets? Or are they considered part of the GBC set?

41 minutes ago, Woobie said:

Going to take a shot in the dark and say that the NES full set is including all licensed + SE?

If so, one short..🤣

Hahaha, you have no idea what you're about to step in.

This is a new site, built on an old community.  Yes, it's considered to include Stadium Events.  People asked for a long time to get a "Complete NES Set - SE" over at NintendoAge, which is where most of us came from before we had to move out of there.

Anyway, if Gloves (or whomever) wants to trust people, *cough*, I guess you could fudge a little, *cough* by owning a PAL copy which is still expensive but not THAT expensive.

12 minutes ago, RH said:

Hahaha, you have no idea what you're about to step in.

This is a new site, built on an old community.  Yes, it's considered to include Stadium Events.  People asked for a long time to get a "Complete NES Set - SE" over at NintendoAge, which is where most of us came from before we had to move out of there.

Anyway, if Gloves (or whomever) wants to trust people, *cough*, I guess you could fudge a little, *cough* by owning a PAL copy which is still expensive but not THAT expensive.

LOL ya I know...I was on NA as well 😛 was just trying to sneak that in there. Ehhh one day will nab an SE...kinda low on priority...been more focused on CIB set...Like 94 short of that right now

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

So did you measure and know they would fit on the table perfectly like that, or did you just get lucky?

Nice GB set by the way. 

Thanks!

I got lucky, but it took a while to do. I didn't want them to taper inward at the top and bottom, so I put the first row on, the full width of the table. I thought they would all fit in the full-width section. I got to the end and had a bunch left over, so I had to taper the ends and shift every row by one cart, so they'd all still be in order.

As for what constitutes a full set, the commonly agreed-on set is 506 games, which includes Pokemon Yellow, both Centipede carts, and the 5 Infogenius not-game carts. (I love to argue about Yellow, but I leave it in to avoid trouble, especially on more casual sites like Reddit where nobody is open to learning anything about the games lol) There were 5 unlicensed Wisdom Tree games, so a full licensed+unlicensed set is 511.

I put this list together a while back, and I started seeing it linked on other sites by people I didn't know, so I started adding more info to it. But the first tab is the list of all 506 US releases.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xTHQBnfeOUVAsXfq-vXQLmjQ7iw9vmx2Zu5iesGhLQs

6 hours ago, foldor said:

So are "Game Boy Color enhanced" games a different and distinct set to regular GB and GBC game sets? Or are they considered part of the GBC set?

Basically it's like considered one of those black carts the GBC had, so it runs in either black and white or gameboy color mode as it's a hybrid.  And despite what people get all puffed up over, if Nintendo says their own product is a GBC game, then that's what it is.

11 hours ago, foldor said:

I guess maybe it matters for the charms depending on how seriously people take this stuff, but even then...

If you've got everything but the controversial ones, I'd give you credit. 👍👍