IGNORED

Would you rather have a C seal or NS(no seal)?

snk2d4ever

On 2/2/2020 at 4:03 AM, Code Monkey said:

Bow who cares if it's a higher grade, it's harder to find a seal of any grade. And you can't go back to sealed once you unseal.

The universe trends towards entropy over time, dude. What is orderly will become chaotic, the beauty of youth will fade with the ravages of time. Our games will be unsealed and death will come to us all...

On 2/2/2020 at 3:47 PM, Bronty said:

Yes, that’s already clear.   Still makes no sense value wise IMO (eg a 9.2c+ will outperform a 9.2 NS on the market) . But, if you enjoy it and don’t mind, why not

Is there any data to back this up or just speculation?  I personally wouldn't want either but I also don't think their prices would be that different either.  NS sales have done better than I've expected.

Thought I don't understand how one would have a "Sealed Game" with "No Seal".  The whole tier may as well just be called "Brand New" at that point.  

3 hours ago, jonebone said:

Is there any data to back this up or just speculation?  I personally wouldn't want either but I also don't think their prices would be that different either.  NS sales have done better than I've expected.

Thought I don't understand how one would have a "Sealed Game" with "No Seal".  The whole tier may as well just be called "Brand New" at that point.  

I would always, 100% rather have the seal....even if it was halfway ripped off....and I have one or two of those.  That being said, I agree w/Jone in that there is some appeal.  For me it is the new and untouched contents that are the appeal.  But yes, something such as “brand new” does sound a little more appropriate and straightforward than “NS”.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1upped said:

I would always, 100% rather have the seal....even if it was halfway ripped off....and I have one or two of those.  That being said, I agree w/Jone in that there is some appeal.  For me it is the new and untouched contents that are the appeal.  But yes, something such as “brand new” does sound a little more appropriate and straightforward than “NS”.  

Yes, as a mint collector the appeal is the brand new contents in this regard, whether it’s with the seal or without. And it bothers me somewhat how people can just be so snobby of a brand new inside contents and compare it the same as a used CIB. The pricing should correspond differently too.

7 hours ago, jonebone said:

I think NS sales have been weak compared to counterparts.

For example, HT NS 10 yd fight at heritage for 3-4 is by far the least any HT bb has gone for.   If I recall a flipping HT section z went for more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bronty said:

For example, HT NS 10 yd fight at heritage for 3-4 is by far the least any HT bb has gone for.   If I recall a flipping HT section z went for more.

I think you’re comparing a NS with a normal grade with the same score?

The main question would be at what relative score of a NS would be of similar value to a normal grade? Obvious a lot of variability for different titles though.

5 hours ago, Bronty said:

Well yeah, agreed. On the other hand, it went infinitely higher than a CIB of that version would have sold for. The comparison would be that sale to a C wrap hangtab, though I imagine we wont get many C data points to compare to.