IGNORED

New to DS and 3ds collecting

Mae247

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I genuinely never figured out how to control Pitt while he was walking around. I just shuffled everywhere until I lost interest. 

That's pretty much how I was. Gave the game about 5-10hrs or so and that was it. It just became too frustrating and unenjoyable after a while

53 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Uprising totally has terrible controls. I think if they released it with the “New” 3DS that has the nub, or bundled it with the circle pad attachment, it would have done better. That said, I really enjoyed the characters, story, and charm of the game. I managed to get a grip on the controls. I wish they would make it a regular franchise, but Sakurai said no.

Totally agree. I can see it being a much much much better game if the controls were implemented better. I had no problem with the characters and actual game itself, just the controls.

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Quest4Nes said:

Kirby planet robobot was on clearance for 15 at my walmart. Was waiting for it to drop. Almost bought it for 30-35 many times. Been 40 forever. Glad i waited

That's one of the few 3DS games left I'd think about getting, but I've never seen it cheap

Editorials Team · Posted
On 2/8/2020 at 2:53 PM, Makar said:

Totally agree. I can see it being a much much much better game if the controls were implemented better. I had no problem with the characters and actual game itself, just the controls.

Try being left handed.  I hear it's unplayable for us, hence why I have yet to bust it out of the backlog.

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

That's one of the few 3DS games left I'd think about getting, but I've never seen it cheap

check your local walmart. I just happened to see it there today. 15 for a solid first party title that everyone says is a really good kirby game is what I was hoping for used, and boom  there it was on clearance brand new

On 2/16/2020 at 7:58 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Try being left handed.  I hear it's unplayable for us, hence why I have yet to bust it out of the backlog.

Lol I can only imagine

16 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

Walmart also had Zelda Link Between Worlds for 10, Fire Emblem Echoes for 15, Lugis Mansion for 15 (Gamecube remake not dark moon),  Ever Oasis for 15,

Dont know how great of a deal those are, but definitely they were clearancing out stuff.

I'm really surprised fire emblem echoes is that cheap. It's only the best fire emblem game they've made. And link between world's surprises me too. Another solid game.

3 minutes ago, Makar said:

I'm really surprised fire emblem echoes is that cheap. It's only the best fire emblem game they've made. And link between world's surprises me too. Another solid game.

I rarely hear anyone talk about Echoes. And Link Between Worlds, if I had a nickel for every time I heard someone say they didn't like it or thought it was a mediocre sequel to Link to the Past, I'd be like "wow, this is way more nickels than I expected to have." 

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

I rarely hear anyone talk about Echoes. And Link Between Worlds, if I had a nickel for every time I heard someone say they didn't like it or thought it was a mediocre sequel to Link to the Past, I'd be like "wow, this is way more nickels than I expected to have." 

Echoes is the hidden gem of fire emblem games if there ever was one. Can't recommend it enough. Anyone who is into fire emblem and hasn't played it, do yourself a favor and go pick it up asap. 

I never did understand the hate for link between worlds. It's a great link to the past copy with new elements.

Hate is a strong word, but I thought compared to its prequel it was a let down, semi-garbage even in some respects.  I didn't think the flatness mechanic worked out the best, and the truly painful 3D gimmicky stupid puzzles to get certain items/heart containers was aggravating at best.  Overall the game felt fairly bland and boring as far as I put time into it before I lost any interest to even keep it in my possession.  I did not feel an ounce of remorse selling it.

• 4 weeks later...

I am still working on finishing a set for DS North America CIB. 1496/1761, problem is, I almost exclusively buy local/brick and mortar and it's at the point that finding titles I actually need to be quite challenging. I just added Dragon Ball Origins for 12$, which felt good. Only 4 away from #1500 CIB.

I had a nice DS collection thread on NintendoAge (R.I.P.) which tracked my collection as I surpassed 1000 titles. I miss those days! One interesting thing is in the last year how many titles that are super hard to find/rare, are games that were "cheap shovelware" just a few years earlier. Hoppie is a great example of such. I still have my sealed copy from 5 years ago that cost an whopping $5. I downloaded the PS2 version (PAL region) to play and see what the fuss is. It's a TERRIBLE GAME. A total letdown after thinking this might be an awesome isometric puzzle platformer. The same can be said for other pricey DS titles.