IGNORED

New to DS and 3ds collecting

Mae247

1 hour ago, Mae247 said:

Anyone else collect for these two systems? Honestly just fell into it 2 weeks ago and am well on my way with some good titles and great hidden gems.

DS is one of my favorites to collect for. 3DS is great too. And with 3DS, there's a bunch of collector's edition releases that are already getting hard to find. And then there's some Club Nintendo releases that were never sold retail. And the Louvre Guide for 3DS, which is sold retail but only in one country 🙂

For both systems it's also challenging to get CIB because most GameStops as a policy threw out all the packaging for these games.

Also there's a bunch of special edition / themed consoles to collect for both DS and 3DS.

I could go on and on... will stop here!

Wait, will add one more thing: DS is region free, so you can get into collecting games that were never released in US but will work on your consoles. Like I have Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (EU version), and Korg M01 (JP, has English). 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Wow! 1

Oh do I have some lists for you lol. DS imo has the best library of games for any system there is. For starters check out these 5 must own not Mario Pokemon or zelda DS games

Dragon quest heroes rocket slime

Dragon quest monsters joker 1 and 2

Advance wars dual strike

Drone tactics

Yu-Gi-Oh world championship 2011 (if you're into Yu-Gi-Oh)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

3DS yes.... great system and has about 418 US physical game per my count and a few rare ones as well.

DS I passed on going for a full set and picked up the hidden gems, Top 20 and a couple rarer games. Awesome system as well 

I’m at that point so far with some good popular games. Also picking out the hidden gems at the moment from a local.

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yes, I have large collections of both.  Love the libraries.  What sort of genres are you into?

I’m not genre specific honestly. If it’s a game that can keep my attention and is fun I’m in. I’m also interested in the M rated stuff on ds. Picked up Dementium the ward just yesterday.

many other titles interest me as well.

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

DS is one of my favorites to collect for. 3DS is great too. And with 3DS, there's a bunch of collector's edition releases that are already getting hard to find. And then there's some Club Nintendo releases that were never sold retail. And the Louvre Guide for 3DS, which is sold retail but only in one country 🙂

For both systems it's also challenging to get CIB because most GameStops as a policy threw out all the packaging for these games.

Also there's a bunch of special edition / themed consoles to collect for both DS and 3DS.

I could go on and on... will stop here!

Wait, will add one more thing: DS is region free, so you can get into collecting games that were never released in US but will work on your consoles. Like I have Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (EU version), and Korg M01 (JP, has English). 

Thanks for the knowledge drop!

3 hours ago, BreaKBeatZ said:

DS is an amazing console to collect for and I think anyone that starts collecting for it will be very happy they did. I am always discovering new amazing games, it's incredible how diverse the library is, with many quality titles.

i find something new every day honestly. 

36 minutes ago, Makar said:

Oh do I have some lists for you lol. DS imo has the best library of games for any system there is. For starters check out these 5 must own not Mario Pokemon or zelda DS games

Dragon quest heroes rocket slime

Dragon quest monsters joker 1 and 2

Advance wars dual strike

Drone tactics

Yu-Gi-Oh world championship 2011 (if you're into Yu-Gi-Oh)

Been on the lookout for rocket slim

I made a hidden gems on the DS thread a while back if you want to check that out. 

As for 3DS, I always highly recommend these not Mario, Pokemon or zelda games

Shovel knight

Cave story 3D

Pocket card jockey

Witch and hero 1, 2 and 3

NES remix

Fire Emblem echoes (doesn't get as much mention as the other ones)

45 minutes ago, Makar said:

I made a hidden gems on the DS thread a while back if you want to check that out. 

As for 3DS, I always highly recommend these not Mario, Pokemon or zelda games

Shovel knight

Cave story 3D

Pocket card jockey

Witch and hero 1, 2 and 3

NES remix

Fire Emblem echoes (doesn't get as much mention as the other ones)

I have shovel knight, cave story 3D, just got fire emblem echos today due to the cool retro look of the cart art.

Editorials Team · Posted

Just get all of these

DS

Mario 64

New Super Mario Bros

Metroid Prime Hunters

Mega Man Zero Collection

Professor Layton

Professor Layton 2

Professor Layton 3

Professor Layton 4

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Hotel Dusk

Ghost Trick

Contra 4

Advance Wars DS

Advance Wars Days of Ruin

Bangai Oh

Diddy Long Racing

Drone Tactics

Henry Hatsworth

Theresia

Dragon Quest IV,V,V,IX

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon

Metal Slug 7

Elite Beat Agents

Ninjatown

Mario and Luigi Partners in Time

The Ace Attorneys

Retro Game Challenge

3DS

Super Mario 3D Land

Mario Golf

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

Zelda Link Between Worlds

Zelda Ocarina of Time

Zelda Majora's Mask

Star Fox 64

Fire Emblem Awakening

Fire Emblem Fates

Fire Emblem Echoes

Metroid Samus Returns

Professor Layton 4

Professor Layton 5

Layton vs Phoenix Wright

SMT Strange Journey

SMT IV

SMT IV Apocalypse

SMT Devil Survivor

SMT Devil Survivor 2

Persona Q

Persona Q2

Etrian Odyssey Untold, Untold 2, IV, V, MD, Nexus

Radiant Historia

Rhythm Thief

NES Remix

Virtues Last Reward

Zero Time Dilemma

Bravely Default

Bravely Second

Theatrhythm Curtain Call

Dragon Quest VII

Dragon Quest VIII

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Monster Hunter Generations

Ever Oasis

Stella Glow

Xenoblade

Pilotwings

Puzzles and Dragons

Shovel Knight

Azure Striker

Shantae Pirates Curse

Since 2 weeks ago this is what I have

Ds & 3ds games I have

Ds games I have

The legendary starfy

Fire emblem shadow dragon

Zelda phantom hourglass 

Exit

Chrono trigger

Kirby canvas course

Golden sun dark dawn

100 classic books

Mario & luigi bowsers inside story

Pokémon ranger

Zelda spirit tracks

Harvest moon ds

Phoenix Wright ace attorney 

Super Mario 64 ds

Kingdom hearts 3382 days

The world ends with you

Professor Layton and the curious village

Pokémon heart gold

Scribblenauts

Wario master of disguise 

Mario party DS

Hotel dusk room 215

Ultimate mortal combat

Thor god of thunder

Radiant historia

Kirby mass attack

Dementium the ward

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future

Ninja town

Feel the magic xy xx

Age of empires the age of Kings

Mega man zero collection 

Radiant historia

Mario kart ds

Picross 3D

Animal crossing wild world

3ds

Harvest moon a new beginning

Monster Hunter three ultimate

Sonic generations

Pokémon Y

Super Mario 3D land

Super smash bro’s 3DS

Shovel knight

Kirby planet Robobot

Zelda a link between worlds

Sega 3-D Classics edition

Terraria

Monster Hunter for ultimate

Code name steam

Metal gear solid snake eater3D

Zelda ocarina of time 3D

Animal Crossing new leaf

Fire emblem fates birthright

Kid icaris uprising

Luigi’s mansion dark moon

Zelda tri-force heroes

Fantasy life

Zelda majoras mask 3D

Cave story 3D

Jake hunter detective story ghost of the dusk

New super Mario bros

Mario & Luigi dream team

Professor Layton and the miracle mask

Monster hunters generations

Bravery second end layer

Castlevania lords of shadow

Fire emblem echos shadows of valentia 

I'm also interested in finding the DS download station carts as well. They seem really interesting.

3 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Just get all of these

DS

Mario 64

New Super Mario Bros

Metroid Prime Hunters

Mega Man Zero Collection

ProfessorLayton

Professor Layton 2

Professor Layton 3

Professor Layton 4

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Hotel Dusk

Ghost Trick

Contra 4

Advance Wars DS

Advance Wars Days of Ruin

Bangai Oh

Diddy Long Racing

Drone Tactics

Henry Hatsworth

Theresia

Dragon Quest IV,V,V,IX

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon

3DS

Super Mario 3D Land

Mario Golf

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

Zelda Link Between Worlds

Zelda Ocarina of Time

Zelda Majora's Mask

Star Fox 64

Fire Emblem Awakening

Fire Emblem Fates

Fire Emblem Echoes

Metroid Samus Returns

Professor Layton 4

Professor Layton 5

Layton vs Phoenix Wright

SMT Strange Journey

SMT Devil Survivor

Personal Q

Personal Q2

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

Radiant Historia

Rhythm Thief

NES Remix

Virtues Last Reward

Zero Time Dilemma

Bravely Default

Bravely Second

Theatrhythm Curtain Call

Dragon Quest VII

Dragon Quest VIII

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Monster Hunter Generations

Ever Oasis

Stella Glow

Xenoblade

Pilotwings

Puzzles and Dragons

Don't forget Chrono trigger, Tetris DS, and Mario kart DS. 

And then Mario kart 7 and smash Bros 4 for the 3ds. I'm sure I'm forgetting others too. 

I love collecting for the 3ds and DS. I have over 100 unique titles and almost all the games I want to play plus some others I came across for a couple $$ at a yard sale or something. 

The annoying thing is you basically are forced to go CIB if you want to display the games. The best thing is, you can download custom firmware and dump all your games onto an SD card and have them all with you on one console at the same time 😎

24 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I love collecting for the 3ds and DS. I have over 100 unique titles and almost all the games I want to play plus some others I came across for a couple $$ at a yard sale or something. 

The annoying thing is you basically are forced to go CIB if you want to display the games. The best thing is, you can download custom firmware and dump all your games onto an SD card and have them all with you on one console at the same time 😎

Pm me and explain.

10 hours ago, Makar said:

Nice collection you have there Mae247! Some of the 3ds titles I mentioned at eShop exclusives. Oh, and I know it's in my thread I linked, but tingles Rosy rupeeland is a great hard to find game that doesn't get enough love.

I will look into it.

For the Club Nintendo exclusives for the DS, there are two: Game & Watch Collection, and Game & Watch Collection 2. These could only be purchased with 800 Club Nintendo coins by doing reviews of DS and Wii games via the codes you found on the inserts. 

For the Louvre museum title for 3DS, it is a virtual tour guide for the museum that uses AR technology. Kind of like those little headsets you can get at other museums. For those who don't know, the Louvre is the art museum with the glass pyramid in Paris, France that houses the David, the Mona Lisa, and other incredibly famous pieces of art. This is also the museum in the Da Vinci Code. The tour guide could only be purchases at the physical museum in Paris. 

Thankfully, I can shed some light about the 3DS title as I happened to be studying art history in Europe in 2015, and stumbled upon the 3DS kiosk while at the Louvre by complete coincidence. Towards the back end of the museum there was a giant circular desk, kind of like an information booth, and it had a ton of the 3DS games placed on it. There was also a banner advertising it and a worker manning the desk to answer any questions about it. 

Not a ton of people were buying them, as there was zero advertising on the outside or towards the front of the museum, so you had no idea it was even an option, and you would have needed to coincidentally had your 3DS on you to take advantage of it. I will say the game came in probably 15 different languages. English, French, Spanish, Portugese, Dutch, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, German... I can't remember all of them, but there were a ton of versions, so if you want a full set that makes it even more of a headache. They were about €20-€30 per copy, can't remember exactly how much. 

I bought an English copy and still have it factory sealed to this day. It's a nice piece because it not only is very rare and has increased in value, but also reminds me of my time in Europe. It really felt like I stumbled upon a unique treasure for my collection in this city halfway across the world. 

Unfortunately, because I was a broke college student, I only got the one English copy and couldn't afford to buy the other languages. Considering their price and rarity now, good luck to whoever wants to try.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KokiriChild said:

For the Club Nintendo exclusives for the DS, there are two: Game & Watch Collection, and Game & Watch Collection 2. These could only be purchased with 800 Club Nintendo coins by doing reviews of DS and Wii games via the codes you found on the inserts. 

For the Louvre museum title for 3DS, it is a virtual tour guide for the museum that uses AR technology. Kind of like those little headsets you can get at other museums. For those who don't know, the Louvre is the art museum with the glass pyramid in Paris, France that houses the David, the Mona Lisa, and other incredibly famous pieces of art. This is also the museum in the Da Vinci Code. The tour guide could only be purchases at the physical museum in Paris. 

Thankfully, I can shed some light about the 3DS title as I happened to be studying art history in Europe in 2015, and stumbled upon the 3DS kiosk while at the Louvre by complete coincidence. Towards the back end of the museum there was a giant circular desk, kind of like an information booth, and it had a ton of the 3DS games placed on it. There was also a banner advertising it and a worker manning the desk to answer any questions about it. 

Not a ton of people were buying them, as there was zero advertising on the outside or towards the front of the museum, so you had no idea it was even an option, and you would have needed to coincidentally had your 3DS on you to take advantage of it. I will say the game came in probably 15 different languages. English, French, Spanish, Portugese, Dutch, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, German... I can't remember all of them, but there were a ton of versions, so if you want a full set that makes it even more of a headache. They were about €20-€30 per copy, can't remember exactly how much. 

I bought an English copy and still have it factory sealed to this day. It's a nice piece because it not only is very rare and has increased in value, but also reminds me of my time in Europe. It really felt like I stumbled upon a unique treasure for my collection in this city halfway across the world. 

Unfortunately, because I was a broke college student, I only got the one English copy and couldn't afford to buy the other languages. Considering their price and rarity now, good luck to whoever wants to try.

The game and watch games are cool collectibles but are actually pretty terrible games lol. I wish they'd bring back physical games or other cool prizes you could buy with points. Those were the days.

• Like 1

I have both, but I basically quit buying 3DS stuff and the last couple or so I got bored with and sold them, yet then again they were just conversions (mario & Luigi, luigis mansion.)  DS I have after a garage again which I hadn't in some years.  That I'm paying more attention to since my daughter has one my mom gave her she never used.

Of the two obviously the 3DS is newer, prettier, but the DS is where you can get the best games and variety by far and in most cases game prices are notably below or at the level the games originally retailed so it's quite approachable.  The problem is while I'd like to suggest stuff, it would be hard as the library is massive, and it's also more so as it's not region locked.  It would probably help to know on your end likes, dislikes, favorite/avoided franchises, and then people could really give you suggestions.

A lazy answer, and stay off their trashy politically loaded forums, but racketboy the website does hidden gems, favorites, best games under $10-15 lists for many systems including the DS.  And as a side, if you're not already into it, depending on that system, you have a few limitations though.  If you're using a 3Ds, then DS add-on devices like the neat rumble pack are off the table with metroid prime pinball, but if you had a DS/DSLite you can also get into the GBA library.

I have a suggestion, and knowing the collector base here it could vanish.  (To All) Have you ever experienced Learn With Pokemon Typing Adventure?  This is the ONLY pokemon game never given a US release amazingly enough.  It got both a Japanese and multi-region/box EU release too.  The game is unique it's like Mavis Beacon/Mario Teaches Typing mixed with Pokemon having a whole story, pokedex, capture mechanic and research tasks all around typing so it's like Typing of the Dead.  It comes with a full blown bluetooth keyboard, and if you get the ENGLISH EU release it's US standard QWERTY.  Normally it goes like $80+ on ebay new, but Amazon has a US listing from a US seller for $30-35 shipped brand new.  I got it and it's amazing and you can double down using the keyboard for any bluetooth device (phone, tablet, consoles, etc.)  Hell of a deal really at that price.

See for yourself: https://www.amazon.com/Learn-Pokémon-Typing-Adventure-DS-Nintendo/dp/B0096763KY

On 1/31/2020 at 11:58 AM, Mr. CIB said:

3DS yes.... great system and has about 418 US physical game per my count and a few rare ones as well.

DS I passed on going for a full set and picked up the hidden gems, Top 20 and a couple rarer games. Awesome system as 

I got 419 on my list for 3ds, but I think jts because I count AC New lead welcome amiibo since the cartridge art is different and has the dlc as a part without needing to download the content 

• Like 1