IGNORED

RIP GVN and PC?

Lincoln

31 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Uh oh. JJGames is going out of business (guy who owns Price Charting). Hopefully this isn’t GoCollect shadow ops to dominate the market with their nonexistent replacements for NA and price charts.

I wonder if GoCollect even cares about games anymore?  You would think if it was a priority they would have gotten their game price guide up and running by now.  It's feeling more and more like they just got bored and moved onto the next thing.  He made a killing on Dain's collection, so maybe that was enough. I thought I saw someone posted that Jeff's last huge purchase was concert memorabilia or something.   That would explain the radio silence on all of their game related acquisitions. 

Who knows though. I think it will be telling if they show up to future game conventions or not. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, B.A. said:

I wonder if GoCollect even cares about games anymore?  You would think if it was a priority they would have gotten their game price guide up and running by now.  It's feeling more and more like they just got bored and moved onto the next thing.  He made a killing on Dain's collection, so maybe that was enough. I thought I saw someone posted that Jeff's last huge purchase was concert memorabilia or something.   That would explain the radio silence on all of their game related acquisitions. 

Who knows though. I think it will be telling if they show up to future game conventions or not. 

Oh man! I kinda miss Jeff already. Please come back Jeff! I want my games to be super expensive.

every damn tool I use gets neglected and thrown away. This is getting really annoying.

Collecting App on my old iphone

Nintendoage collection tool

Nintendoage in general had my countdown thread I guess I could restart it on here

Gamevaluenow

Makes me frustrated to even get anything else because itll just be half assed and not finished in the end when I need it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quest4Nes said:

every damn tool I use gets neglected and thrown away. This is getting really annoying.

Collecting App on my old iphone

Nintendoage collection tool

Nintendoage in general had my countdown thread I guess I could restart it on here

Gamevaluenow

Makes me frustrated to even get anything else because itll just be half assed and not finished in the end when I need it.

Just make some spreadsheets on excel and google docs. Easy peezy!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lincoln said:

can't get a full list of games for any console to load. eg super nintendo breaks in the K's.

looks like it's drifting into disrepair, and given gocollect's track record of managing acquisitions i don't expect to see anything fixed.

Still works for me.  I did notice this issue last week on NES, couldn't get the full list to load but if I searched for a "Z" titled game, it would still give me the data for it.

I think these are one time hiccups.

Search works but full lists still won't load for me viewing from multiple machines. I also no longer get suggestions when typing in something to search for. I wasn't paying attention but I think it's been an issue for at least a week. 

So, it's not completely dead yet. Someone has to maintain it though and that doesn't seem to be happening. 

I have cataloged over 1,500 games on that thing.  I know I can export but does anyone know of a good tool online that I can import this data into, even if theres a yearly fee?  I’d really not re-enter 1,500 games manually with variant details.

I also have a lot of this stuff in spreadsheets, but that’s only for systems where I’m going for full sets. The bummer about Google docs is you have to manually enter all of those details already in these online details.

• 3 weeks later...