IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

I’ve made the conscious decision of going into partial lockdown again.

My wife kids are not to leave the house for any reason beyond necessity. I am doing 100% of the “foraging” until the end of winter.

I will also still be working until everything here in NJ locks down again...hopefully I put enough money away, otherwise I’ll have to eat out of business funds which will make my accountant hate me 🤷🏻‍♂️ Survival first, taxes second, I guess.

Also, only our parents, siblings, and their children are going to be allowed to come to my home. No more friends or relatives beyond that.

I really REALLY hope we don’t go into heavy lockdown again, but my second fridge is waiting to be plugged back in just in case!

• Like 1

Just now, The Strangest said:

Thank you for the well wishes everyone. My biggest fear about this thing has always been about giving it to my family, not getting it myself. I just wish people would take this thing seriously.

I didn’t even read that you had/have it!

Wishing well for you and your family. Stay strong, I’ve got a couple cousins who have caught it in the past few weeks and all of them are doing well so far.

This vaccine can’t come soon enough!

6 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I didn’t even read that you had/have it!

Wishing well for you and your family. Stay strong, I’ve got a couple cousins who have caught it in the past few weeks and all of them are doing well so far.

This vaccine can’t come soon enough!

I don’t, sorry I should have been more clear! My sister has it, and her daughter. I’m just worried about her and the rest of my family, big time. But I appreciate the sentiment!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

were they social distancing and wearing masks?

Three of my college friends got it from work, because that’s the only place they go. They get their groceries delivered. They wore masks and kept six feet away but their individual workplaces didn’t mandate masks (it was a polite suggestion) and we live in Tennessee where common sense is seen as an undesirable thing for our leaders to lead with, so there’s been nothing to mitigate the spread in our community. My sister also got it from work, she works a cubicle job. She wears a mask, but the idiots in her office do not because there’s no mandate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Californication said:

I feel like the cases went from 7 to 10 million really quick. I'm not even sure if we've begun seeing the deaths from the Trump super spreader events.

How about those Biden super spreader events that happened election night and then after?  I guess if you're a liberal it boosts your immunity?  Or is it the smug sense of that superiority complex that keeps the nasty little critters away?  I could go find some images of those maskless/masked large groups of supporters caught on camera but I don't think it would be worth the effort now would it?  Given what people are talking about, dickish political one sided jabs like that is entirely cheap and petty.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tanooki said:

How about those Biden super spreader events that happened election night and then after?  I guess if you're a liberal it boosts your immunity?  Or is it the smug sense of that superiority complex that keeps the nasty little critters away?  I could go find some images of those maskless/masked large groups of supporters caught on camera but I don't think it would be worth the effort now would it?  Given what people are talking about, dickish political one sided jabs like that is entirely cheap and petty.

Sigh... I hate to say this but you have officially became no different with the way you said that. 🙁

Yes, both examples have been reported. And the difference is that those "Liberals" (as you call them) have been criticized for doing this by their peers. News reporters, politicians, and even scientists have stated that their actions have ramifications. And that if they are to protest, celebrate, etc. they should not do it that way.

But with Trump's camp? They follow his example. Forget the fact that the White House is a super-spreader event. But look at the fact his campaign had to include a waiver just to be excused from being sued over this. Biden's rallies ended up looking like a drive-in event, which is better than being less than 6 feet apart even when wearing masks.

All I will say is that if you are going to be offended, don't feed those who come off as condescending (or as trolls).

Trust me. There are those who will act like your response simply justifies their behavior. Because you are smarter than that. 😩

Edited by FenrirZero
'And' = 'Because'. It sounds better.
  • Like 2

Moderator · Posted

I got it confirmed yesterday. Sadly my mom and dad both have it now as well. My mom has severe lung issues, COPD, early onset Lymphoma, previously nearly died of pneumonia but thankfully she has zero symptoms.  My dad has had a rough go of it the last few days, but seems to be getting better and has had no breathing issues yet, only fever, stomach issues and body aches. I feel great other than a dry/sore throat. 

• Sad 5

58 minutes ago, doner24 said:

I got it confirmed yesterday. Sadly my mom and dad both have it now as well. My mom has severe lung issues, COPD, early onset Lymphoma, previously nearly died of pneumonia but thankfully she has zero symptoms.  My dad has had a rough go of it the last few days, but seems to be getting better and has had no breathing issues yet, only fever, stomach issues and body aches. I feel great other than a dry/sore throat. 

I hope you are all okay. My dad ended up getting sick a few days after I did, but luckily he has just had a mild cough and not much else.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Yes, they spread it to. But what about, but what about, isn't the answer to everything though.

It's amazing to me that some conservatives still don't feel that Trump failed in his response to coroma virus and that he is the direct person an fault for corona virus being a political issue. Trump ran on: freedom, it's your choice to wear a mask, masks are for pussies, and he has quite literally gotten republicans killed. 

Where is your but what about for that?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Californication said:

Yes, they spread it to. But what about, but what about, isn't the answer to everything though.

It's amazing to me that some conservatives still don't feel that Trump failed in his response to coroma virus and that he is the direct person an fault for corona virus being a political issue. Trump ran on: freedom, it's your choice to wear a mask, masks are for pussies, and he has quite literally gotten republicans killed. 

Where is your but what about for that?

Yup, and my point to you was you're playing a very childish and one sided blame game as you hate the jerk that much it blinds you for not holding everyone responsible, just people you find politically disgusting.  I'm not going to get into any but but debate games with you as it'll just go in circles, so dangle the bait elsewhere, maybe quest or someone will nibble.

This thread isn't supposed to be about politics, but damn it keeps creeping into it every time something happens, it's never about personal responsibility when its easier to blame an individual.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Yup, and my point to you was you're playing a very childish and one sided blame game as you hate the jerk that much it blinds you for not holding everyone responsible, just people you find politically disgusting.  I'm not going to get into any but but debate games with you as it'll just go in circles, so dangle the bait elsewhere, maybe quest or someone will nibble.

This thread isn't supposed to be about politics, but damn it keeps creeping into it every time something happens, it's never about personal responsibility when its easier to blame an individual.

I'm blinded by hate?

You're comparing people/civilians celebrating the election for one night. The celebrations weren't set up by Joe Biden. Joe Biden did his rallys with people in cars. And progressives and democrats complained about the celebrations. 

To a president/leader of the country creating super spreader events all over the country for months. On top of all of his other failures/contributions to the spread of the virus. 

There is no equivelancy.

18 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

were they social distancing and wearing masks?

My best guess is that masks yes, socially distancing no. 😞

17 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I could go find some images of those maskless/masked large groups of supporters caught on camera but I don't think it would be worth the effort now would it? 

Come on. You know there are idiots on either side who don't follow the rules and get sick.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

This thread isn't supposed to be about politics

Because Trump immediately politicized the virus.

Cody my post was as much making a point as straight up pithy snark.  I get tired of the endless commentary diarrhea that has gone on since Nov 2016, it never ends, even when something gets done right, it never ends.  IT seems like ever since the SC stepped in 20 years ago with Gore, the mission statement of 'normal' has been trying to see how can out-douche the next instead of even attempting to be civil, find a middle ground, or even just work together at all.  I studied politics, mostly our system and a bit of law in college and what things have degraded to sickens me.

Cali: It's not just election night, like I said just above, it's snark mixed with reality.  Sure that was election night, party on, I get it.  But other than cowardly antifa members in their black face masks anyway you often see the same level of people and stupidity going on without masks on both sides, just the venue changes.   I just think the vengeance of bitching needs to be really even handed, it's anything but.

The virus as I said, it doesn't care, it'll get you or not.  Ultimately, in the end, it'll end up killing a few million people, and typically it seems to be those already with multiple health issues, otherwise compromised immune systems, and old age can help that along as well.  Yet it gets so tiresome with the overkill doom soothing stories, media bullshit, screwing with peoples lives in general to the point of crumbling the economy over protecting a minuscule fraction of the global population who will contract it and show it, and far far less who will get hospitalized and even more that will die over it.

Yeah that I know makes me come off sounding like a careless dick, but it is true, even if it's not popular to say and will piss some off, including in this thread who will either take it personally, or take it politically personally whatever the case may be.  I mean in the end, let's be realistic here, we have what like 7 1/2B people on the planet and maybe 10M of that will end up dying in the end if that?  I hate to be the jerk minimizing it writing that as it comes off, but that's like into the thousands of one percent.  Just force people to wear masks, force them to get the shot when the day arrives, or clam up about it and accept the results of the anti-vaxxers and other tools who make game out of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@captmorgandrinkerNot to say anything political, but that blotch is why we need a "Abraham Lincoln rule" here. It was one of those things I read up on since I cannot visit the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. And he has a few quotes that would help create both a bipartisan and non-partisan in cases like this one.

And @Tanooki? I live in California. And from what I am looking at the hardest hitting areas also have a large homeless population issue. Which includes U.S. veterans who were long forgotten. It's one of those remaining reasons why we cannot make Soylent Green here. Along with another reason why I am spending another month being ramen deprived.

With that said... I hope those dealing with this will get better. 🙂