IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

29 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

So pre-pandemic. I would drink a beer everyday on my commute home. I would of course conceal in a coffee cup. I stopped doing that because of the mask mandates. I have gotten so fed up with people, especially the drivers not abiding by the mandates. So yeah, driver isn’t wearing one, I’m not wearing one. 
My mentality has changed though. I won’t possibly be responsible for any kind of outbreak again.  

If the authority figures don't care, why should anyone else? I think that's what's going on here.

• Like 3

On 10/31/2020 at 1:12 AM, ZeldaFreak said:

I think you and I are the only ones 😅

Thank goodness! I was thinking that this was going to be World War Z, which has me be safe since I have Asperger's!

But all joking aside, I am 100% glad that October is over. By mid-October I had a spat with a now ex-communicated family member. And by Halloween, I resigned my account at a Star Wars fan-forum. Both were events I had seen coming, with results I should have seen coming. But both, strange enough, were done with ironic twists.

With an upside being that I finally got my re-graded R3-BOO17 back from AFA! But that is neither a COVID-19 or video game thing. So all I will say is that it re-graded (standard scale) a 90+ (C: 90, B: 90, F: 95). And that I got help this time because my original birthday gift request was cancelled, atop of not finding any games I wanted as well.

Other than that... I kind of missed being in this forum. And hope that I can find a Star Wars version of this one soon. 😅

• Like 1

Test came back negative. Girlfriend is getting tested today. What’s interesting is I went to get tested at a free clinic, made an appointment for the day after I found out about exposure. I don’t have insurance and the test was free anyways. Girlfriend had to use her insurance and couldn’t get tested until today. She should have just went to the free clinic with me as it turns out😂 oh what a world we live in.

7BDF2D83-FD2C-4557-935C-8A6EACE3F457.png

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Test came back negative. Girlfriend is getting tested today. What’s interesting is I went to get tested at a free clinic, made an appointment for the day after I found out about exposure. I don’t have insurance and the test was free anyways. Girlfriend had to use her insurance and couldn’t get tested until today. She should have just went to the free clinic with me as it turns out😂 oh what a world we live in.

7BDF2D83-FD2C-4557-935C-8A6EACE3F457.png

Good to hear. Hope she's okay too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.masslive.com/coronavirus/2020/11/stay-at-home-advisory-massachusetts-gov-charlie-baker-sets-curfew-require-businesses-to-close-by-930-pm-nightly.html?utm_campaign=worcester_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1R5eH-itrMxHIYUh9Evd1EYenCHPX8xKkxT9RoI2lZP9UewdtGiEym2FA

Here we go again! This time with no government stimulus to bail us out. Sununu has mirrored what Baker has done since this whole thing started, so NH can expect to follow suit. Hopefully it won't get worse than this, but NH is starting to spike hard.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

https://www.masslive.com/coronavirus/2020/11/stay-at-home-advisory-massachusetts-gov-charlie-baker-sets-curfew-require-businesses-to-close-by-930-pm-nightly.html?utm_campaign=worcester_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1R5eH-itrMxHIYUh9Evd1EYenCHPX8xKkxT9RoI2lZP9UewdtGiEym2FA

Here we go again! This time with no government stimulus to bail us out. Sununu has mirrored what Baker has done since this whole thing started, so NH can expect to follow suit. Hopefully it won't get worse than this, but NH is starting to spike hard.

Be safe out there. Tennessee is a nightmare right now too. Everyone I know is starting to catch it.

• Like 1

My town finally passed a mask mandate, but with absolutely no consequences, meaning it's completely pointless. I also love the reasons people come up with to not wear masks. 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/6745757-WATCH-Grand-Forks-man-challenges-police-officer-about-new-city-mask-mandate-and-wins-citing-religion-and-health-concerns

• Like 1

I got a free COVID-19 test and the results came back negative.

Which is what I had expected since I am an extrovert that is forced to be an introvert. But I was also a bit worried because before this one incident happened I was living with a family member that did whatever he wanted. Which made me felt that he would have gotten me sick.

So all is left for me is my ongoing issue with Pitney Bowes. 😩

• Like 4

Well Victoria, Australia has just hit 12 days with 0 cases and 0 deaths. So I guess science proves to be correct over conspiracy theories. Lockdowns and masks work.

Should be smooth sailing for Australia going forward and an economic bounce back should hopefully follow.

Unfortunately I think it is all but impossible for the US & Europe to suppress it now. They’re going to have to live with these deaths 😞

I haven’t been following the US lately but Europe deaths look like they’re just beginning. Stay inside, away from friends/family and wear a mask no matter your age.

• Like 1

My sister and my niece both have it. We have heart problems that run in our family, which is how COVID killed a young 20-something male recently. So that’s only extremely terrifying.

Fuck everyone who isn’t taking this seriously. Fuck your maskless-face, fuck your “muh rights”, fuck your pearl clutching over the economy, and fuck your conspiracy theories.

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, The Strangest said:

My sister and my niece both have it. We have heart problems that run in our family, which is how COVID killed a young 20-something male recently. So that’s only extremely terrifying.

Fuck everyone who isn’t taking this seriously. Fuck your maskless-face, fuck your “muh rights”, fuck your pearl clutching over the economy, and fuck your conspiracy theories.

Sorry to hear it.  My wife is in that boat as well, so that's why we're avoiding family like the (literal) plague this year, despite the recently incessant badgering of her mother.  It wouldn't be quite so unthinkable except...

Our specific region has 3x the death rate of the entire rest of the two states it straddles
The two states we're right up against have something like 10x the national average for transmission rates
My mother in law disregards mask and santizer use when visiting family (not nearly so bad until...)
My youngest sister in law, a nurse, actively believes this all to be nonsense, travels, eats out, and goes to crowded places (stores, local events, etc.), usually without mask, sanitizer, etc., then visits constantly with her mom

So...yeah, no Thanksgiving and, thanks to the requirement for MIL's work Christmas "drive thru" event being that the kids have to crawl into Santa's sleigh and hang out with him briefly, no third party Christmas either.  Almost nobody in our area takes this seriously, and nearly none of the local businesses (whether truly local or chains that have locations here) actively said anything to people who didn't or refused to wear masks in their locations or, as is the case more often than not in places like Walmart, removed them immediately upon getting past the security that was in place to make sure people followed the state mandate.  It sucks, but we'd rather my children have a mother and we be a little worse for the wear at the end of this rather than potentially one (or more) short.  Why people can't understand the facts of all this (especially since it lines up so perfectly with the 1918 outbreak, including ill informed people rising up against wearing masks, social distancing, etc.) is beyond me and I've just taken to openly referring to them as stupid, because frankly, at this point, with the mountain of evidence, that's just what they are.

My best and fingers crossed for you and yours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@The Strangest: Hope your loved ones will be okay.

A few days ago my father had to go to the hospital for gallbladder problems, and he'll go meet with a surgeon in a week or two. I'm extremely worried for both him and my mom, who goes with him for the appointments, really hope they don't catch it somewhere along the way, as my dad had heart surgery ages years back, and I wouldn't describe either of them as being particularly healthy.

• Thanks 1

On another note I found this again while cleaning out my apartment. I received it in the mail a few months before the Taiwanense election, and also before covid-19 came about. I thought it was funny then, even more so now, hence why I never opened it.

Maybe Trump should have followed suit with his campaign?

IMG20201113211234.jpg

IMG20201113211237.jpg

1 minute ago, arch_8ngel said:

Funny enough, my sister ended up with pneumonia a couple weeks back, as well.

Turns out there is a strain making the rounds right now just to keep things interesting.

Mine was bad. I ended up spending Tuesday in the ER because I could barely breathe. I'm feeling better now except I still have a bit of a cough left over.

• Like 2

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

Mine was bad. I ended up spending Tuesday in the ER because I could barely breathe. I'm feeling better now except I still have a bit of a cough left over.

I didn't hear about it until after the fact, but my sister had an ER visit, as well, and IV antibiotics to give her a boost.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Yeah, she already has an inhaler for allergies/reactive-airway, but they probably gave her another anyway.

Hopefully this experience is teaching people to be safer. There are a lot of viruses and infections out there that could likely be avoided by being careful.

• Like 2