IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

US has spent 1.2B on this vaccine, along with J&J, Pfizer and Modova (spelling?). Between these 4 wrapping up all by spring 2021, it looks like we are turning the corner. 

It's been 1 year and we haven't seen the virus mutate, there are less than 30 confirmed reinfections world wide and there are only 2 strains. 

"Oxford coronavirus vaccine ‘works as expected’ and triggers ‘strong immunity"

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/23/oxford-coronavirus-vaccine-works-as-expected-and-triggers-strong-immunity-13467677/

• Like 4

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

US has spent 1.2B on this vaccine, along with J&J, Pfizer and Modova (spelling?). Between these 4 wrapping up all by spring 2021, it looks like we are turning the corner. 

It's been 1 year and we haven't seen the virus mutate, there are less than 30 confirmed reinfections world wide and there are only 2 strains. 

"Oxford coronavirus vaccine ‘works as expected’ and triggers ‘strong immunity"

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/23/oxford-coronavirus-vaccine-works-as-expected-and-triggers-strong-immunity-13467677/

Fingers crossed, man. Fingers crossed...

• Like 3

I'm personally on this bus. I'll post pics when I transfer to the train. If it's the same shit, rules be damned, to m cracking a beer and enjoying it...if people won't follow social distance rules, then I'm not following social distance + eating rules, lol.

Edited by fcgamer

4 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Well here it is, on the train

IMG20201031175427.jpg

Ugh. That’s horrible. Our busses can get quiet crowded at times too. They switched to a “weekend” schedule months ago, so there are less busses and trains running. Making them more crowded at busy times. There signs stating we MUST WEAR MASKS, half of the drivers either don’t wear one at all or have them hanging around their chin. In that case, I remove mine and like you, I enjoy a beer on my commute home. 
Problem now though, is it’s a good possibility that my lady and  I now have this fucking virus. I can’t work, I can’t do shit other than go get myself tested today. 
Hoping for a negative but won’t know for days. I’ll get some bus pictures when I’m back at it in about a week.

• Sad 3

35 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Ugh. That’s horrible. Our busses can get quiet crowded at times too. They switched to a “weekend” schedule months ago, so there are less busses and trains running. Making them more crowded at busy times. There signs stating we MUST WEAR MASKS, half of the drivers either don’t wear one at all or have them hanging around their chin. In that case, I remove mine and like you, I enjoy a beer on my commute home. 
Problem now though, is it’s a good possibility that my lady and  I now have this fucking virus. I can’t work, I can’t do shit other than go get myself tested today. 
Hoping for a negative but won’t know for days. I’ll get some bus pictures when I’m back at it in about a week.

@Richardhead honestly hoping for the best on the test results...please keep us informed.

In the end I didn't crack open a beer, just too many folks around and I didn't feel like getting bitched at by a grandma.

It's weird , I'm.currently at a bar, they took my temp, but that's it. Live music, essentially we are in 2019. I'm so fortunate to be here. I sometimes forget about covid-19 aside from chatting with family from home

IMG20201031224139.jpg

IMG20201031224631.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

@Richardhead honestly hoping for the best on the test results...please keep us informed.

In the end I didn't crack open a beer, just too many folks around and I didn't feel like getting bitched at by a grandma.

It's weird , I'm.currently at a bar, they took my temp, but that's it. Live music, essentially we are in 2019. I'm so fortunate to be here. I sometimes forget about covid-19 aside from chatting with family from home

IMG20201031224139.jpg

IMG20201031224631.jpg

Thanks, I’ll be fine negative or positive. I feel fine , but I had to tell my boss I was in very close contact for many hours on Sunday with a person that is now sick and was contagious. He sent me home.  I Just worry about all the folks I maybe spread that shit too if I’ve been walking around with it. I ride public transportation, deal with lots of people all day long, go out to eat more often than most people and don’t wear my mask while in the break room at work.  Things have just started to get more relaxed these days and I’m for sure part of the problem. Was supposed to hang out with @JamesRobotand @Murraylast night too. 

• Sad 4

On 10/31/2020 at 10:35 AM, Richardhead said:

Get better soon. You need to get in tournament shape!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

So we all agree that we’re basically done with this virus, even though the virus isn’t done with us yet?

I guess we deserve what’s coming this winter. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe @Sumer can chime in, but here in the Cincinnati area, it seems like people are back to acting like everything is normal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Maybe @Sumer can chime in, but here in the Cincinnati area, it seems like people are back to acting like everything is normal. 

Seems like people are wearing masks where ever I go in Northern Kentucky and in downtown Cincinnati.  Don't know about other parts of Ohio since I just spend time in downtown for work.  Around the neighborhood last night, however, for Halloween, it seemed like "back to normal."

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sumer said:

Seems like people are wearing masks where ever I go in Northern Kentucky and in downtown Cincinnati.  Don't know about other parts of Ohio since I just spend time in downtown for work.  Around the neighborhood last night, however, for Halloween, it seemed like "back to normal."

Hamilton county seems on the ball. Clermont, not so much.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 9:35 AM, Richardhead said:

In that case, I remove mine and like you, I enjoy a beer on my commute home.

When the officers in my town weren’t enforcing the mask mandate, I almost took a similar course of action. I would never text and drive, but I really thought about whipping out my phone at a red light next to a cop (the law in Tennessee is that your hands can’t touch your phone at all while operating a vehicle). And then when I get pulled over just say something along the lines of “Oh I thought laws weren’t being enforced, these dudes without masks are putting people in danger too.”

Not worth the ticket just to make a snarky comment, but yeah. It’s ridiculous how little people care.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

When the officers in my town weren’t enforcing the mask mandate, I almost took a similar course of action. I would never text and drive, but I really thought about whipping out my phone at a red light next to a cop (the law in Tennessee is that your hands can’t touch your phone at all while operating a vehicle). And then when I get pulled over just say something along the lines of “Oh I thought laws weren’t being enforced, these dudes without masks are putting people in danger too.”

Not worth the ticket just to make a snarky comment, but yeah. It’s ridiculous how little people care.

So pre-pandemic. I would drink a beer everyday on my commute home. I would of course conceal in a coffee cup. I stopped doing that because of the mask mandates. I have gotten so fed up with people, especially the drivers not abiding by the mandates. So yeah, driver isn’t wearing one, I’m not wearing one. 
My mentality has changed though. I won’t possibly be responsible for any kind of outbreak again.  

• Like 2