IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

7 hours ago, Doctornick said:

@CodysGameRoom and @arch_8ngel he's just trolling, he did that for a few dozen pages earlier.

Got my first results today and I'm negative, we are conducting a second test though because of my symptoms getting worse.  I am thankfully able to quarantine for two weeks regardless without issue, so hopefully this lab test will also be negative and I end up having a pretty rough cold that won't damage my lungs forever 😁

Pretty much in the same boat as you,did the rapid test for covid and the flu and both came back negative,now I'm waiting on the lab test to see if I really have it.

Getting 3 swabs up my nose was fucking crazy uncomfortable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doctornick said:

Thank you!  I wish I had access to the trial drugs our POTUS did, but being a broke ass pharmacist doesn't cut it 😂

Glad the first test came back negative bud, hope the second one is negative too. Might want to consider laying off attending the barbeques though for the time being, until the virus situation improves though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skorp said:

Just got an eviction notice today for our business. Even we are paying 70% of the rent a month at least, but still he did it. Guess eviction protection is no longer effective. Here we go...the court is going to be virtual as well lol. Just crazy times.

That sucks. I thought the Feds extended the moratorium on commercial evictions. I am sure California did. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pikkon said:

Pretty much in the same boat as you,did the rapid test for covid and the flu and both came back negative,now I'm waiting on the lab test to see if I really have it.

Well as Donner would say, there are things in life more important than comfort...NOT having covid!

But yes everyone please be careful out there.  All of us know the basic precautions by now.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Skorp said:

Just got an eviction notice today for our business. Even we are paying 70% of the rent a month at least, but still he did it. Guess eviction protection is no longer effective. Here we go...the court is going to be virtual as well lol. Just crazy times.

Really sad to hear this bro, hope things work out for the best.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pikkon said:

7 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Glad the first test came back negative bud, hope the second one is negative too. Might want to consider laying off attending the barbeques though for the time being, until the virus situation improves though.

@Pikkon yeah I felt them trying to get my brain, hopefully the second test is the last one!

@fcgamer I haven't spent time with family since July and it was only a total of 7 people (counting myself and my wife).  Sadly Covid doesn't care about how careful you are.

• Like 2

Just had a Covid scare here.  Our whole household got sick at the beginning of week but 8mo had a fever that just wouldn’t break.  Pediatrician sent us to get her tested yesterday.  Was all made more horrifying because we got a note from the boys day care that they had a confirmed Covid case in one of the other classrooms.  We got our results this morning and negative.  Whew.  Now off to the docs to find out what’s really wrong.

Its weird but I’m a little disappointed.  While we were in that limbo waiting for results we were sure those bastards got us.  Once I got in the mindset of ok let’s plow through this there’s kind of a part of me that doesn’t want to go back to being scared of every door knob.  If we had it and came out on the other side I was kind of looking forward to getting really wild and going in a store or to the park or something without worry.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

@DoctornickWell you are right, it doesn't understand boundaries or how careful we are.

We've had out differences in opinion here and there but in the end I'm just hoping you guys make it through and are alright. 

Please keep us posted.

I appreciate that man.  That's part of the fun of debate and discourse when people have different opinions.  At the end of the day we never wish ill on one another.  Also I can fully agree with you and say F*** the WHO.

Edited by Doctornick
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Just had a Covid scare here.  Our whole household got sick at the beginning of week but 8mo had a fever that just wouldn’t break.  Pediatrician sent us to get her tested yesterday.  Was all made more horrifying because we got a note from the boys day care that they had a confirmed Covid case in one of the other classrooms.  We got our results this morning and negative.  Whew.  Now off to the docs to find out what’s really wrong.

Its weird but I’m a little disappointed.  While we were in that limbo waiting for results we were sure those bastards got us.  Once I got in the mindset of ok let’s plow through this there’s kind of a part of me that doesn’t want to go back to being scared of every door knob.  If we had it and came out on the other side I was kind of looking forward to getting really wild and going in a store or to the park or something without worry.  

Glad to hear you guys don't have it.  Even though I've been exposed to it almost daily since February it was still terrifying, and I don't even have little ones in the mix thankfully.  Hopefully it's just one of those nice normal viruses we get when the weather begins to change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Glad to see you're negative for the virus. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Link said:

I'm no longer surprised. In the beginning I started to believe that he suffered from histrionic personality disorder. Later questioning if he more than just that. But in the end he is a sociopath. With additional factors that can be tacked onto this, but this is just another string of issues that make me want to leave the country. 😷

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Good to see I'm not alone in that thought.

Personally, I have been planning to move to Japan since mid-2012. But with the things are going, I am surprised that Trump didn't demand that Japan rename this city to Trump, with claims it would get a whole lot more visitors. 🤔

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
13 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

Personally, I have been planning to move to Japan since mid-2012. But with the things are going, I am surprised that Trump didn't demand that Japan rename this city to Trump, with claims it would get a whole lot more visitors. 🤔

I'd love to visit Japan sometime, although I'm not sure I'd much enjoy the experience of living there, personally. Language barrier and all that. Personally, I've been eyeing Canada, but it seems to be hard as hell to move there if you don't have a college degree of some kind.

24 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Personally, I've been eyeing Canada, but it seems to be hard as hell to move there if you don't have a college degree of some kind.

Pretty sure most countries would generally require either a degree and a professional job of some kind, or enough money to buy an investor's visa, in order to move there on a permanent basis (assuming you're not a spouse of a citizen of that country).

2 hours ago, TrekMD said:

I believe this is unprecedented and unexpected for sure:  https://tinyurl.com/y3lcvs72

Unfortunately, as someone with a couple of physicians in the family that lean conservative, I can attest the fact that this kind of editorial is only going to cause right-leaning physicians to dig in hard with a "stay in your lane" mantra (which I find to be completely absurd, because the direction of the country is EVERYONE'S "lane").

But then the rest of the right-leaning voters see "their" doctors making that type of call, and they'll look past the inherent hypocrisy of it and dig in deeper themselves.

Edited by arch_8ngel

1 hour ago, arch_8ngel said:

But then the rest of the right-leaning voters see "their" doctors making that type of call, and they'll look past the inherent hypocrisy of it and dig in deeper themselves.

I don't get why it's such a political issue. They did a poor job at handling the crisis. They'd have been better off not locking down and instead telling the public to masking up and social distancing, and working from home when possible. 

Even saying " let the governor's decide" is ambiguous. Like, they could easily put out guidelines and allowed governor's to choose the extent to which they were followed. Which may have actually worked in trump's favor in retrospect considering we just saw a 75% decrease in positive cases after the mask mandate in AZ the last week or 2.

Then the right wing states would've saw a steep decline and he'd look like a profit. Instead he fought the experts and looked like a dofus.

Just read the news article posted. Umm yeah, sure the Trump administration might not support masks, but initially, neither did the WHO. The WHO made other blunders as well, going against doctor experts, just because the doctors were from Taiwan (I.e they made it political before it even came to the USA)

I'm all for holding people and organisations accountable, yeah I also disagree about the public transportation mask rule. But we need to look at the whole picture, not just picking and choosing based on our personal preferences, no one should get a pass.

On another note, I get sick and tired of people always mentioning how the states handled things, what about Sweden? Smaller death rate? Did they handle things better, or is it because of differences in population size?

Edit: the whole thing is already politicized, good luck ever getting it worked out if we don't put those issues aside and work together towards a common goal.

Edited by fcgamer