IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

There was so much noise about how Sweden was doing it and America should follow them. Well.

I remembered yesterday that everyone was freaked out in March when talk of shutdowns finally started. And I was fine. I just knew, that we would get through this, all we have to do is everybody cooperate and settle down and contain it. And we’ll be fine. 

Except... people did not want to do that. Fuck those people. They’re the reason we’re still shut down and I’m a wreck. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Suck it other countries.  It's not that we're bad at this pandemic thing, it's that we're TOO GOOD at finding it.  And we've talked it about a fraction of a single time, apparently.

Screenshot_20200709-131022.png

If people would quit testing for it, they would stop finding it and it would just disappear. Sounds reasonable.

15 hours ago, Tulpa said:

https://heavy.com/news/2020/07/richard-rose-covid-19-coronavirus/

This is actually kind of sad.

Wear a mask and avoid gatherings, people.

Sadly we're going to need a lot more of this before people start wearing masks.  They mandated them in our county yesterday because of how high spread is, and at the place we picked food up from nobody except servers and one or two guests had a mask on.  I'm starting to feel like a broken record at this point, and have given up saying anything to friends or family who won't follow the guidelines.  I just let them know we won't be seeing them for the foreseeable future other than on video calls.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tulpa said:

https://heavy.com/news/2020/07/richard-rose-covid-19-coronavirus/

This is actually kind of sad.

Wear a mask and avoid gatherings, people.

I go up to the Port Clinton area often in the summer.  I barely see any masks up there.  It gets a ton of tourist traffic too in the summer months.  I'm very curious to see how that county does in the coming months. I will be there the next few weeks, but will largely hide out at my mom's place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doctornick said:

Sadly we're going to need a lot more of this before people start wearing masks.  They mandated them in our county yesterday because of how high spread is, and at the place we picked food up from nobody except servers and one or two guests had a mask on.  I'm starting to feel like a broken record at this point, and have given up saying anything to friends or family who won't follow the guidelines.  I just let them know we won't be seeing them for the foreseeable future other than on video calls.

Same here except Clermont county got flagged for doubling from 4 cases a day to 9 in a county with 200k people. That seems a bit excessive to me.

Went for a walk this afternoon.  Wore my mask through the building but kept if off outside since we can exercise without.  We did a good job crossing streets often to avoid people.  I was really disappointed to see a number of people walk into a grocery store without masks.  Not surprised though.

I may increase my Asian Market trips since they all mask up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Same here except Clermont county got flagged for doubling from 4 cases a day to 9 in a county with 200k people. That seems a bit excessive to me.

So I had to look where Clermont is, but seeing the counties surrounding Clermont it makes sense to me.  I don't think it's excessive to try and prevent it from catching up to the neighboring counties, we definitely don't want to become a lost cause like Texas or Florida.

Edited by Doctornick
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Doctornick said:

So I had to look where Clermont is, but seeing the counties surrounding Clermont it makes sense to me.  I don't think it's excessive to try and prevent it from catching up to the neighboring counties, we definitely don't want to become a lost cause like Texas of Florida.

It seems like a bit of a reach to call 9 cases a day in a county of 200k people high risk. Especially when Brown County right to the east is a Level 1.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

It seems like a bit of a reach to call 9 cases a day in a county of 200k people high risk. Especially when Brown County right to the east is a Level 1.

I'd assume it's high risk because of three neighboring counties where cases are out of control.  I mean I hope it doesn't increase rapidly in Clermont, and their rates aren't why it's considered high risk would be my guess.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

They will probably call him a sell out first.

Nah. They’ll disregard it, and this will be his only appearance wearing one. In a few days a reporter will ask him why he stopped, and he’ll say I wore it, okay? I wore the mask. And you’re being very unfair, by the way. I said — in hospitals — Look — we have the best people working on it. And SleepyJoebamagate, they call him Sleepy Joe, right? is going to utterly destroy — he got the, did you see this? you see this? He’s going to make your family miserable! It’s horrible what he’s doing. A horror, that’s what they’re calling it. And we cannot lose our economy. Our big, beautiful, American economy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Doctornick said:

I'd assume it's high risk because of three neighboring counties where cases are out of control.  I mean I hope it doesn't increase rapidly in Clermont, and their rates aren't why it's considered high risk would be my guess.

It supposedly got upgraded to Level 3 because the cases "more than doubled" which is apparently a trigger on the chart, but 9 cases a day in a county with 200k people isn't exactly an outbreak.