IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

At my day job, I work for a theatre supply company. Most of our business comes from the school system, so Covid hasnt been too friendly. lol.  We changed our focus to ride the wave and have been selling elastic and nose clips for mask making. Last month we were pretty busy filling orders of elastic. The last week or so the demand has taken a nose dive. 

Too many people are acting like this pandemic is over. 😞 

Edited by zombiemicrowave

Sad day today, formally withdrew my son from Little League (t-ball).  We'd gotten one call from his coach before the lockdown started and bought him a glove and ball just prior to that.  Paid $80 for him to play this year (apparently lots of it going to huge fees to the city for use of the fields to play on and very little going to the cap and shirt the kids would get to keep at the end of the year), then got shut down due to the pandemic.  Where my wife has a heart condition, it was a no brainer for me to make the call for our son not to play this year, but I think it made it a little easier given that they're only planning on letting the kids play for roughly the month before school starts up again (if it starts up again, but that's another subject) and neither my son nor any of the kids he was going to be playing with had any idea what they were doing, so I don't think they'd have even had them shaping up to be able to play properly before it was all over.  Still a bit said, though, but there's always next year.

• Sad 1

A lot of people (mostly young) are walking around without masks as if the virus has just up and disappeared...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/revealed-scars-covid-19-could-131737643.html

One in three patients who recover from coronavirus could be harmed for life, with long-term damage to their lungs, as well as chronic fatigue and psychological disturbances, research suggests. Experts said there was growing evidence that the virus could cause persistent or even permanent trauma, including impairment to the brain and an increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease.

Screenshot from 2020-06-23 04-59-44.png

• Like 3

11 hours ago, avatar! said:

A lot of people (mostly young) are walking around without masks as if the virus has just up and disappeared...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/revealed-scars-covid-19-could-131737643.html

One in three patients who recover from coronavirus could be harmed for life, with long-term damage to their lungs, as well as chronic fatigue and psychological disturbances, research suggests. Experts said there was growing evidence that the virus could cause persistent or even permanent trauma, including impairment to the brain and an increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease.

Screenshot from 2020-06-23 04-59-44.png

I can't speak to the other issues, but the permanent lung damage is very real.  I would say from what I've seen personally and local numbers one out of three is very accurate and may even be on the lower end.  

Please keep wearing your masks gamers, and just stay home if you're able.  It isn't worth the potential risks to you and your loved ones.

• Like 3

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/2020/06/ohios-disturbing-new-trend-of-increasing-coronavirus-cases.html

I didn't realize there has already been an increase in cases over the last week. I recall seeing that SW Ohio is showing more.  Hopefully the trend drops off but I have my doubts based on the public. Chatting with a friend and I hear Michigan isn't any better.

Meanwhile my household is continuing to roll back our activities.  I grocery shop twice a week so we can have fresh produce.  Everything else is switched to delivery. No more restaurants and carryout. My wife prefers my cooking anyhow.  Family visits are going to be reassessed too.

Edited by zeppelin03
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/2020/06/ohios-disturbing-new-trend-of-increasing-coronavirus-cases.html

I didn't realize there has already been an increase in cases over the last week. I recall seeing that SW Ohio is showing more.  Hopefully the trend drops off but I have my doubts based on the public. Chatting with a friend and I hear Michigan isn't any better.

I wish they would have more clearly defined categories.  A case here seems to include anyone who has the antibodies when tested.  What would be more useful IMHO is the increase of those hospitalized and the increases in deaths,   Increases of (apparently) minor cases reflects (perhaps) increased testing and also possibly that the virus has spread further than previously thought - which seems to have been an ongoing story all along.   

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MisterGoomba said:

Darius Truxton thinks covid-19 is just the common cold and mask's don't do anything.

Darius Truxton is a trusted and reliable source for medical advice. He has EVERY shmup released on the Genesis AND Super Nintendo (including imports), not to mention a FULL Turbografx/PC Engine set... You can't beat credentials like those!

(I'm just fucking with you, I never even heard of the guy, lol)

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I wonder if he's the same Truxton who posts on the GoCollect forums, with memorable threads and comments such as "Shit", "Ass", and "Go fuck yourself with an Advantage joystick."

That would be amazing, lol! I have very much enjoyed his, ahem, COLOURFUL contributions to GoCollectAge, lol!