IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

Administrator · Posted
26 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

It blows my mind that studies are pointing to the huge benefits of wearing masks in public and people are now slacking off. 

Like, this is the time to take advantage of the season and completely stomp out new cases just by putting a bandana on your face in Walmart. 

But it's a conspiracy by the government to control us and you'll get pleurisy from carbon dioxide!!!!

*both things I actually saw pop up on my Facebook feed in the last week*

38 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

@Tabonga Didn’t we have a bad flu season? It could have been they too.

From what I can tell the 2019/20 flu season was a bit higher than 2018/2019 but well below 2017/18.  (In terms of reported cases those may have been higher since with the coronavirus running around people might have been more likely to seek medical attention than they would have without that looming,   

I have read somewhere that the flu pattern in southern China (where Wuhan is)  is typically for the largest peak to occur  in summer and a much smaller peak in  winter.  I also suspect that the people generating the Harvard report I linked to would have access to both the 2018 and 2019 flu season data in China (assuming China didn't fudge those also).

@Tabonga

I agree on the assessment of the flu seasons. I work for a diagnostics company and that is what we saw. Thank can’t speak on the cycle in China and whether the south gets it earlier. I will say that I do think it hit Europe and the U.S. earlier than we think. I wonder if what was going around here in January really was a bad flu or COVID-19. My parents got something and we’re sick really sick for a couple of weeks and it lingered for a month.

On 6/9/2020 at 10:25 AM, captmorgandrinker said:

But it's a conspiracy by the government to control us and you'll get pleurisy from carbon dioxide!!!!

*both things I actually saw pop up on my Facebook feed in the last week*

It's really coming along now man, look at the early May openers cases now (pretty much the south).  We should be hitting that soon because people are selfish and ignorant.  As far as states saying the massive jumps are due to more testing, that's not true at all in most cases.  We still don't have nearly enough tests here in the US, and tracking/isolation protocols are almost non-existent.  

To the handful of people on here still taking this seriously and minimizing going out, thank you!  Please wear your masks and stay safe gamers.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, Doctornick said:

It's really coming along now man, look at the early May openers cases now (pretty much the south).  We should be hitting that soon because people are selfish and ignorant.  As far as states saying the massive jumps are due to more testing, that's not true at all in most cases.  We still don't have nearly enough tests here in the US, and tracking/isolation protocols are almost non-existent.  

To the handful of people on here still taking this seriously and minimizing going out, thank you!  Please wear your masks and stay safe gamers.

I am surprised that there still aren't enough tests at this stage.

I'm still wearing my mask when I go into stores and stuff too, but I'm noticing that starting to dwindle.

• Like 1

Maybe 30% wearing masks in Wal-Mart (Amherst, nh) today. I partially blame the ignorant population who don't believe it/ stopped believing in it/ think it's over. Maybe half were following the one way aisles, rendering them pointless. Ill wait until I have business in Manchester and go to the hooksett location next time I need to do a walmart run. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I am surprised that there still aren't enough tests at this stage.

I'm still wearing my mask when I go into stores and stuff too, but I'm noticing that starting to dwindle.

Someone told me Dr. Amy Acton stepped down/resigned now (I have to look into it further) but I hope she did.  Whatever spine Dewine started out with crumbled over "the economy" which is already in a damn recession...if only people/politicians cared more about people living better on the current unemployment wages than working one or two jobs with garbage pay.  Sorry done ranting now, but having to almost yell at patients and visitors daily really grinds one's gears 🤬

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

And things are starting to get messy again:  Houston Weighs Reimposing Lockdown, Sees ‘Precipice of Disaster’

If they are smart they'll do it, and the states that haven't blown up yet will stop easing restrictions in time periods shorter than incubation....but what would I or any other medical professional know.  This country is literally dumber than I can fathom sometimes.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Doctornick said:

If they are smart they'll do it, and the states that haven't blown up yet will stop easing restrictions in time periods shorter than incubation....but what would I or any other medical professional know.  This country is literally dumber than I can fathom sometimes.

Never imagined a time where doctors opinions would be written off as just more left wing mumbo-jumbo. Ironically, it even applies to doctors like Fauci who Trump has every right to fire and chooses not to do so. But I guess its because he isn't real into firing people lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I'm kind of glad my area never really opened back up right now.

I'm masking up to head over to the county jail and was just thinking how much I wish my area had not opened up. The second wave is going to hit Midwest/trump country and Im scared to death. Really hope all the right wingers are right to completely throw covid concerns by the way side, but highly doubt it works out well. And I'm already prepared for them to just blame those damn black protestors when it happens. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Link said:

42400789-DBA8-4573-A94E-6F1DE31E6E77.jpeg

This is not the plague. I would honestly let a covid positive person spit in my face at this point, I don't care. Part of being a human living on earth is existing with viruses. If this one kills me, which I'm confident it won't, well so be it. Eventually something will. Call me wacky right wing I guess.

1 hour ago, B.A. said:

This is not the plague.

plague plāg

n. A highly infectious, usually fatal, epidemic disease; 

?? 
Because it’s not usually fatal? 

1 hour ago, B.A. said:

I would honestly let a covid positive person spit in my face at this point,

😳   have fun.