IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

57 minutes ago, Estil said:

Those idiot punks who are doing all that burning/rioting everywhere I'm guessing are not noticing or caring about that whole social distancing thing.

But at least a lot of them are/were wearing masks.......🥵

And then there is the issue of  all the noxious stuff being dumped into the atmosphere - so not terribly good for the environment/global warming either.  I certainly hope Greta gets on their case! 🤬

Edited by Tabonga

On a positive note (at least from our perspective) we enjoyed a meal at one our favorite restaurants today - it was not very busy whereas before this whole fiasco we would almost always have to wait in line.  I had a Mexican chicken fried steak breakfast and Mrs. Tabonga had a fried chicken lunch.   Life is good.........

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tabonga said:

But at least a lot of them are/were wearing masks.......🥵

And then there is the issue of  all the noxious stuff being dumped into the atmosphere - so not terribly good for the environment/global warming either.  I certainly hope Greta gets on their case! 🤬

Maybe but the distancing is the most important...since the viruses can only travel so far you see.  Really there is no way all this rioting is doing any good for anybody.

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, MisterGoomba said:

I went to walmart last night have not been there since the whole lockdown started and you wouldn't believe how many people are not wearing a mask. This is up in NH mind you after last night I do not wish to step back in to a walmart.

You expected people to be civilized in Wal-Mart?!??!?!

13 hours ago, Tabonga said:

You expected people to be civilized in NH??  🤣

Absolutely. NH is one of the most wonderful states. People are nice, civilized, traffic is minimal... of course, depending on whom you ask what I just might not apply to Manchester, but otherwise NH is simply fab 🙂 

22 minutes ago, Snesfinder- said:

Have you ever been? It’s consistently voted the #1 state to live 

@avatar! @Snesfinder

You folks need to lighten up IMHO - it was more a (friendly) jab at captainmorgandrinker than anything else.  (And our statements make about an equal amount of sense (which is to say pretty much none) if you parse them out.)   (Quoting him, using the identical phraseology and using the emoticon should have been a dead giveaway.)

Edited by Tabonga

On 5/31/2020 at 10:18 AM, avatar! said:

Absolutely. NH is one of the most wonderful states. People are nice, civilized, traffic is minimal... of course, depending on whom you ask what I just might not apply to Manchester, but otherwise NH is simply fab 🙂 

Parts of Manchester are awesome. But no matter where you live in Manchester you have to deal with the occasional homeless drug addict from time to time. That can get old.

As far as ranking local Wal-Mart's in order of civility and cleanliness, it goes hooksett, Manchester gold street, followed by Amherst. Although getting shot at or robbed in the gold street parking lot is a much higher possibility, it is much more of a mixed bag than Amherst, which is the Wal-Mart that most massholes like yourself tend to visit.😅

4 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Parts of Manchester are awesome. But no matter where you live in Manchester you have to deal with the occasional homeless drug addict from time to time. That can get old.

As far as ranking local Wal-Mart's in order of civility and cleanliness, it goes hooksett, Manchester gold street, followed by Amherst. Although getting shot at or robbed in the gold street parking lot is a much higher possibility, it is much more of a mixed bag than Amherst, which is the Wal-Mart that most massholes like yourself tend to visit.😅

Speak for yourself bro, I haven't been to Wal-Mart in years 😛

Driving past strip malls in middle-of-nowhere NH does remind me a bit of the Midwest, alas. 

Edited by avatar!

10 hours ago, MisterGoomba said:

After going to the NH flea's Sat and Sun I expect cases to increase. I love how me and only a very few wore masks or understood what social distancing means.

Was at savers in Nashua on Saturday looking for some clothes. I'd say 75 percent wore masks. It was also very slow compared to a typical Saturday afternoon, which surprised me. 

Restaurants with outside seating were packed though! Especially Frontera grill and the Mexican restaurant on DW highway near the savers.

12 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

The WHO out this out:

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-its-rare-for-asymptomatic-people-to-spread-the-coronavirus-2020-6

Given the source you have to take it with a grain of salt.

If true though the masks are even less useful than I previously thought

It’s a good thing I was drunk when I made this week’s work lunches. I am eating one now and it’s got way too much salt. I wonder if I can fix the rest of them. 

I for one am not interested in being less cautious before I get a vaccine. 50 out of 60 attendees at a choir practice in early March came down with it, and they think only one had it before. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Link said:

It’s a good thing I was drunk when I made this week’s work lunches. I am eating one now and it’s got way too much salt. I wonder if I can fix the rest of them. 

I for one am not interested in being less cautious before I get a vaccine. 50 out of 60 attendees at a choir practice in early March came down with it, and they think only one had it before. 

My best friend’s parents are both on the “It’s a conspiracy to hurt Trump” train, and their son is a T1 diabetic who would be very likely to die if he caught it. They’re actively encouraging him to not take any precaution.

How dumb can people be?

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1