IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

1 minute ago, ZBomber said:

Are you talking about the Republican primary that the Virginia Republican party cancelled last year?

Good information. Had no idea. Just fact checked 2020 republican primary virginia and it said nothing about that. 

I was wrong in the assumption. Carry on. Doesnt mean "black face" northam is a good governor lol

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 12:38 PM, MrPeaPod said:

Yeah I got it. I got tested positive yesterday. It started with a sore throat for and a slight fever a couple days after that. I was really hoping it was nothing. Then the chest pain started. I've been staying at home locked away from the world for a week. I honestly haven't been feeling too bad yet. The mornings have been a bit rough with chest pain but other than that it's been okay. I wanted to make sure it was Covid and not something in my head I was making up. Got tested and yep, I'm sick with it. It's been just over a week since the sore throat started

I'm pretty sure I got it from my brother. He was travelling in Italy for two months before the outbreak. He flew back to Canada the day before the country went on lockdown. Canada did not have any strict isolation protocols in effect yet and was allowed into the country much to easily. I picked him up from the airport and drove with him back to our city. He was in the worst hit part of Italy and then on a flight with two known infected passengers. He has no symptoms so the hospitals wouldn't test if he had it but has been staying locked away as a precaution.

On the plus side I've had some time to play video games lol. I've so far completed beyond good and evil as well as okami. Been playing some ps2. Next up is persona 3

Man that sucks. Sorry to hear that but glad you're doing relatively fine. If there's anything I can do, send me a message. That goes for anyone else too. I hope everyone who has it or knows someone who does gets through it, and quickly and as painlessly as possible.

• Like 1

I texted my buddy the other day because I heard there was trouble on his block. It didn’t affect him, but he thanked me and said “none of us need extra trouble right now.” I wrote back “ugggh i have it”. I was saying I have extra (unrelated) trouble, but he thought I meant I have the virus, lol

Isn’t that a very interesting not political story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/30/2020 at 6:41 PM, Tulpa said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/30/us/florida-pastor-arrested-river-church/index.html

Police arrest Florida pastor for holding church services despite stay-at-home order

There is a Church in my city that held a service on Sunday despite the stay home and closure of all worship centers. I hope they get arrested like that guy did.

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, Shawn said:

There is a Church in my city that held a service on Sunday despite the stay home and closure of all worship centers. I hope they get arrested like that guy did.

Was it this guy?   

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/us/louisiana-pastor-arrest-tony-spell/index.html

I think with our "shelter in place" order weddings and funerals are still technically allowed, but I would imagine they would need to be with the allowed amount of people.   I've seen lots of churches streaming instead, even if it's just Facebook Live.

I keep seeing posts here and elsewhere, saying stuff like “quarantine extended another month.” I don’t think anybody should be under the illusion that we’ll be “back to normal” in the foreseeable future. 

Would everybody lose their shit if they just say, summer is cancelled and probably fall too, maybe the rest of this year and more? We need to be adults about this. Johnson & Johnson is working on a vaccine that they expect to start human testing in September. The first round of testing would take, what, a month at best? And then if they have to adjust things, add another two months. Forget about May and June. 

Yeah, I think that summer is shot. The virus will probably come around for a second legitimate wave in the fall. I wonder what the rest of the year will be like. The truth is that we will have to open the country back up to working at some point. Keeping it shut through the summer would be disastrous. I don’t buy into the idea that there will be more deaths from shutting it down unless we open it up ASAP. However, that could be a different story if shut down through the summer. 

Administrator · Posted

I think that's where a balance will need to be found.  Such as new sanitation regulations at workplaces, keeping people a little further apart, etc.   

As time goes on it will hopefully become more evident on what will keep this at bay as much as possible or at least what can be reasonably treated, but for now it's hit the brakes on everything and come up with a game plan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Link said:

I keep seeing posts here and elsewhere, saying stuff like “quarantine extended another month.” I don’t think anybody should be under the illusion that we’ll be “back to normal” in the foreseeable future. 

Would everybody lose their shit if they just say, summer is cancelled and probably fall too, maybe the rest of this year and more? We need to be adults about this. Johnson & Johnson is working on a vaccine that they expect to start human testing in September. The first round of testing would take, what, a month at best? And then if they have to adjust things, add another two months. Forget about May and June. 

I think thats BS. There is no way we can operate like this through late summer and fall. People wont have it. Its going to get to a point of unrest. I think that point is the summer. We cant shut down the world for this. This is not the Black Plague. The US Second quarter GDP because of this could fall 34%? People arent going to let this keep that up. 

Saying shit like this will be a long time shut down the fall etc  is media pushed hysteria. I mean yea we need to take this seriously and practice good habits, but this shit has gone too far. This kind of unrealistic hype rhetoric is part of the problem. Because I dont care what you say. Its a statement that sounds like you are rooting for it to shut us down that long. Its regurgitating the media hype, and the media political agenda.

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I expect the distancing requirements to relax by late Spring and we'll probably be able to do a "normalish" Summer with everyone being on edge.  Probably not a lot of far distance trips but I think people will return to socializing a bit.  

The experts won't say one way or the other, but I expect this to be a bit seasonal and less transmittable in the summer.  In other words, your spouse gets it and is kissing you, you're getting it regardless of the time of year.  But in terms of casual transmitals by just walking by a stranger in public, I suspect that will drop a lot.

Then we get the big boom of phase 2 in the fall when schools try to begin again.  That's going to be where I'm most concerned.  When everything tries to get back to normal. 

Administrator · Posted
30 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

I think thats BS. There is no way we can operate like this through late summer and fall. People wont have it. Its going to get to a point of unrest. I think that point is the summer. We cant shut down the world for this. This is not the Black Plague. The US Second quarter GDP because of this could fall 34%? People arent going to let this keep that up. 

Saying shit like this will be a long time shut down the fall etc  is media pushed hysteria. I mean yea we need to take this seriously and practice good habits, but this shit has gone too far. This kind of unrealistic hype rhetoric is part of the problem. Because I dont care what you say. Its a statement that sounds like you are rooting for it to shut us down that long. Its regurgitating the media hype, and the media political agenda.

To quote Answer Racing- "Get in, sit down, shut up, and hang on."

37 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Will you be out there with your pitchfork?

4 hours ago, Link said:

"First round of testing" is just to make sure it is safe to use at all.

Then they have to go about testing efficacy.

Human trials take on the order of 6 months, at least, even if they are hurrying.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Its regurgitating the media hype, and the media political agenda.

The absolute last thing anyone that dislikes Trump wants is for the November election to be disrupted in any way, shape, or form.

I highly doubt there is any political agenda, from "the left" or any media construed as left-leaning, that would want the shut down to last beyond the summer.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

The absolute last thing anyone that dislikes Trump wants is for the November election to be disrupted in any way, shape, or form.

I highly doubt there is any political agenda, from "the left" or any media construed as left-leaning, that would want the shut down to last beyond the summer.

That's if you believe the left vs right political tv show is real and not just a professional wrestling style facade where the outcomes are fixed and they all work for the same company. 

57 minutes ago, jonebone said:

The experts won't say one way or the other, but I expect this to be a bit seasonal and less transmittable in the summer.  In other words, your spouse gets it and is kissing you, you're getting it regardless of the time of year.  But in terms of casual transmitals by just walking by a stranger in public, I suspect that will drop a lot.

I've seen models where humidity and heat don't slow it down much. It is spreading in hot climates like Iran with no problem so the real hope would be that humidity would slow it down, like it does influenza but at the point I wouldn't hold my breath

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Quest4Nes said:

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't give a shit about partisan bickering and conspiracy theories at a time like this.  Too busy thinking about every doctor, nurse, and New Yorker I know.  Or thinking about what pneumonia or being on a ventilator, or being intubated must feel like.

• Like 9

Sorry landers. Im sick of the sensationalism. Freakin sick of it.

And arch im not talking about do they want it to last till november. The media wants the economy driven to the ground because they hate trump and know he will win on the economy. So as long as they have driven it in the ground as long as they could its a win for them. I couldnt care less if people arent trump fans but this win at all costs one side vs the other makes this so much worse. Biden not having to campaign is a dream come true if hes actually going to be the nominee. 

Edited by Quest4Nes

14 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't give a shit about partisan bickering and conspiracy theories at a time like this.  Too busy thinking about every doctor, nurse, and New Yorker I know.  Or thinking about what pneumonia or being on a ventilator, or being intubated must feel like.

All I can think about are Governor Cuomo's nipple piercings showing through his shirt at that press conference the other day. Yikes! 😬

unqhg6prnxp41.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

So then turn it off.   You need some sensationalism to get people TO STAY THE FUCK HOME.

You cant turn it off. Its on everything all the time. Anytime you want to see anything going on its bs. Yesterday saw a montage of all the lies and deceit. It makes you sick

Governor Lee of Tennessee again lacks the balls to issue a real mandate. He “strongly recommends” staying at home. Okay, well I strongly recommend we find a real governor next election cycle. But just like his strong recommendation, I know it will be ignored.

The amount of idiots in Tennessee is unreal. My location specifically (small town north of Nashville) seems to be going against the CDC’s orders out of spite. As a result, our county has one of the worst outbreaks in the state.

“Waaah, this is some hoax to try and stop us from going out and getting more ammo and Sudafed!!!”

I’m beyond over this shit.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Quest4Nes said:

You cant turn it off. Its on everything all the time. Anytime you want to see anything going on its bs. Yesterday saw a montage of all the lies and deceit. It makes you sick

Sure you can.  I drill right through the crap and find the relevant info I need and block out the other stupid shit.

• Thanks 1