IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

18 hours ago, Gloves said:

I know I'm getting on in years, practically a foot in the grave here at 32 years old, but... kids these days.

image.png

These morons are starting to get arrested and charged for this idiotic and dangerous behavior. The 26 y/o Missouri guy who did it at Walmart is being charged with making terrorist threats.

The danger is that these people encourage other idiots to do this. I’m for the harshest possible penalties to discourage this moronic behavior.

• Like 3

Ugh...I hope she didn't think she was being sexy or something for doing that tongue thing...in fact the Wal-Mart guy especially looked like a creep. 😞 

Oh yeah, just the way to become Internet "famous" 😛 

I still think those people who tried to go in and shop at a store while it was on fire rank way higher on the WTF list. 😛 

Edited by Estil

18 hours ago, fsped09 said:

There are likely the same people who were eating Tide-Pods. I did stupid things when I was young too, but we weren't trying to push the envelope and social media wasn't a thing. 

Oh I hope that (mostly) wasn't real...I mean they must've tasted horrible...

And I hope by stupid things you did you don't mean setting yourself on fire and then jump in a pool or shower to put it out...and for one guy the shower didn't put him out very well so...

Edited by Estil

As of Wednesday night in Oklahoma, our Governor issued directives:

• A "Safer-at-Home" Executive Order statewide for vulnerable groups (65+ and/or immune compromised) until April 30th. Today it was announced that this will be enforced.
  • The 19 counties with positive tests and deaths have "non-essential" businesses closed. I believe this has been expanded to the (now) 37 counties with infected and will expand going forward. Food Pick-up, Curbside, and delivery are still allowed and I believe liquor stores and dispensaries.
  • Gatherings of 10+ statewide are banned.
  • All elective surgeries and minor procedures to be postponed (preserve medical supplies and PPE).
  • Visitors prohibited at OK nursing homes, care facilities, retirement homes.

I'm not sure why it isn't statewide for non-essential businesses.

We've gone from the following positives and deaths:

• Monday, March 23: 81, 2 deaths
  • Tuesday, March 24: 106, 3 deaths
  • Wednesday, March 25:  164, 5 deaths
  • Thursday, March 26: 248, 7 deaths
  • Friday, March 27: 322, 8 deaths

From what I am hearing, most people are getting turned away from the ER when requesting testing with major symptoms and are being told to come back when they get worse due to testing shortages. The doctors' offices / Teledoc are referring patients with symptoms to get tested and visit an Urgent Care or ER; Urgent Cares are pre-screening all patients beforehand and likely referring to ER (in-turn denying many the testing). Those that can get tested there is a 24 hour - 4+ day turnaround time for results depending on the lab it gets sent to. I've also heard they plan to be opening some drive through testing stations in a few of the larger areas.

Governor Bill Lee of Tennessee’s entire campaign was “Look at me, I have no experience in politics! Just like the president.” And the people of Tennessee ate it up. Now at his press conferences, he’s scared stiff as he looks like he’s looking down the barrel of a gun. He doesn’t have the balls to close Tennessee like other states.

Who could have possibly foreseen a gubernatorial candidate with that platform would do such a horrible job during a crisis? Totally unavoidable.

Edited by The Strangest
  • Like 2

Our county here in east texas just issued a stay at home order. starting tonight when the 10 pm curfew hits. Well my friend is running around for his job reporting back to me what he saw, and What did it do? caused the whole town to go in a panic. People lined up at banks, people packing the grocery stores. People are the worst. Making everything worse.

Edited by Quest4Nes

Mrs.Tabonga got an email from our dairy delivery service saying that they had enough supply to meet their current clientele's needs but that they were not taking any new customers.   

We suspect that they have not been taking new customers for awhile but sent that out so the current customers would not refer people to them.

I assume that the dairy fulfills their delivery needs first and any surplus is sent to some of the local stores (we see their stuff in a few of the stores).

I have ordered a few extra things for one of our neighbors.

The dairy delivery is a bit more expensive but the quality is certainly better and I don't have to worry about what is in stock at stores.   Really glad we signed up for it a couple of years back.

42 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Our county here in east texas just issued a stay at home order. starting tonight when the 10 pm curfew hits. Well my friend is running around for his job reporting back to me what he saw, and What did it do? caused the whole town to go in a panic. People lined up at banks, people packing the grocery stores. People are the worst. Making everything worse.

It was similar here in Illinois when we were getting the orders. It’s supposed to rain hard tonight, so I’m going to go to the grocery store during the rain.

1 hour ago, The Strangest said:

Governor Bill Lee of Tennessee’s entire campaign was “Look at me, I have no experience in politics! Just like the president.” And the people of Tennessee ate it up. Now at his press conferences, he’s scared stiff as he looks like he’s looking down the barrel of a gun. He doesn’t have the balls to close Tennessee like other states.

Who could have possibly foreseen a gubernatorial candidate with that platform would do such a horrible job during a crisis? Totally unavoidable.

The Kentucky Governor was calling him out. Durning his press conference today.  Advising Kentuckians not to travel to Tennessee.  

• Like 3

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/20376F86-2EB8-400D-8B09-737ECC2EA0EA

Abbott Labs got FDA approval for a rapid test which will give positive results in as little as five minutes and negative results in as little as 13 minutes. Between this test and their other approved test, they should produce 5 million tests per month. This is good news.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/20376F86-2EB8-400D-8B09-737ECC2EA0EA

Abbott Labs got FDA approval for a rapid test which will give positive results in as little as five minutes and negative results in as little as 13 minutes. Between this test and their other approved test, they should produce 5 million tests per month. This is good news.

Yeah, necessity breeds innovation. We're seeing lots of companies produce protective equipment or masks that otherwise would not. For as savage as the general public can be, adversity can bring out the best in a lot of people.

• Like 1

Virginia has canceled school for k-12 through end of year and is making them do online.

All non essential bushiness ordered to close or else until I believe mid April with a possibility of mid May.

Every day here we are getting closer to an explosion as up toward Maryland they are getting hit hard in northern Virginia.

Not enough people take it seriously. People will get too close to you or not even care.

The fighting over the toilet paper has stopped and people are moving on to the next thing to horde unfortunately.

The past week it has moved on to freezers. (Yes I am sure I know why of course)

People have started to horde propane and grill supplies.

Beef does not seem to be in short supply here nor does milk but bacon and chicken is and the other obvious items that we all know of.

Edited by Mae247

1 hour ago, Link said:

Stay. In. Place. Stay in place stay in place stay in place. What is wrong with these people?

I've been doing my best to keep grocery visits to an absolute minimum and not go anywhere else.  From what I've read about what this coronavirus does it does not sound fun. 😞 

And as if the news can't get any worse it seems man's REAL best friend can get this virus too. 😞 

https://www.foxnews.com/world/cat-in-belgium-first-to-test-positive-for-coronavirus-report

For the record, it's a virus not a "bug," and there's no such thing as a cat "owner." 😛 

Edited by Estil

Administrator · Posted
34 minutes ago, Estil said:

I've been doing my best to keep grocery visits to an absolute minimum and not go anywhere else.  From what I've read about what this coronavirus does it does not sound fun. 😞 

And as if the news can't get any worse it seems man's REAL best friend can get this virus too. 😞 

https://www.foxnews.com/world/cat-in-belgium-first-to-test-positive-for-coronavirus-report

For the record, it's a virus not a "bug," and there's no such thing as a cat "owner." 😛 

I'd take news from that source with a grain or two of salt, personally.

image.png

A cat in Belgian? xD

Lambda Tech Inc received some capital funding from a local Landscape co (Clean Cut Cleanups on LI NY... amazing owner. Reach out if you need a cleanup or yard care services 🙂 ). We produced a small batch run of hand sanitizer.

80+% Mix of Isopropyl/Ethanol Alc, 9% pure Aloe Vera with Hyaluronic Acid (to prevent hand dry out), 1% tea tree, lemongrass, spearmint, orange, rosemary, cinnamon essential oils for scent.

We converted our PCB, Circuit Board Clean and Build Unit into a Hand Sani Production Unit. Converted all workers to remote and are doing our best to keep the distance.

All bottles will be donated to essential business across the country (mainly in NY since it is the epicenter as of now). Next batch coming in a couple of short days. If we have any extra at all, (it may be very small if any), but we promise to offer it here to those who have no sanitizer.

Remember guys... do all you can to help those in need around you during this horrible period. Let this situation bring out the best in you 🙂 love you guys!

0723BAB5-FF80-4539-8A93-7F219AF25401.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2