IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

49 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Well my wife always keeps a ridiculous amount of shit so we probably have more provisions than anyone else on this site.  We're talking a silly amount.

Is that anything like keeping a ridiculous amount of horse manure in your bag in Dragon Quest games? 🙂  I don't suppose it actually is used for anything in those games is it?

16 hours ago, Lambda said:

Here we go, brothers:

please read... and please take mentions of what I say here:

I live in NY. Long Island. There are well near 4k cases here reported,  with 25k cases in NY whole reported. The number of people walking around is now astronomical compared to “reported cases” (which are the numbers you all are seeing.) ... (I’ve had my data scientist on my team run numbers against SKorea, Italian, and Spanish charts... all equations have checked out).

1)I lost 13k$ TODAY ALONE. (6k in vacation costs (for my own birthday that my wife spent), and not a single company has offered refund: VRBO, Southwest Air, and Fronteir Air)). (6k+ in my IRA alone, even with today’s uptick, given the downfall I have realized in prior days). (This is NOT INCLUDING prior loss for all prior days since lockdown in NY)... my retirement losses are devastating.

2). There is NOTHING available on shelves... toilet paper, baby food (I have a 13 month old), diapers, etc.

3). Schools are permanently closed.

4). Police patrolling streets in our area to ensure you are a “local” after 8pm.

5). Gov Cuomo is a D... I am registered R.... THIS IS NOT a partisan issue. And I support what Cuomo has done for us 1000%, and I respect his work for the people of NY. Partisan ideals need to be put aside here, and I have set all of mine aside. Democratic, republican, it doesn’t matter... we just need to preserve lives, and he is trying to. And I’m thankful. But it isn’t enough *tearfully*, despite ALL of his efforts. This is a matter of CAPACITY not QUALITY. We in NY DO NOT have the beds or ventilators to support those who WILL DIE. This is disgustingly scary.

6). My wife is a healthcare worker. She has been exposed as of 7 days ago. Which means I was exposed 6 days ago since she works 12 hr shifts. We have no symptoms yet... but the fear is devastating... I have a 13month old daughter with next to zero immunity build up alongside two step children.

7). I have not only donated my N95s to elderly, but I have also started converting my work stations within my company to begin converting out PCB cleaning stations to Hand Sanitizer production units, with ZERO income on products... meaning we will donate EVERYTHING we make.

my wife is on the front lines. I may have been exposed alongside her... my two step children and my 13 mont old may also be exposed... but NOTHING WILL STOP US FROM GIVING BACK TO ALL WHO NEED IT!!! I’ll continue donating masks and making sanitizer until I no longer can (and according to numbers, I’m less than a week into my own incubation if I am infected). I will make sure that I have a proxy to deliver all of our product out for FREE, to all who need, surrounding us until we run out... and until I can do no more... I’m praying hard I never reach that situation... I’m hoping my case becomes mild, but I have relative certainty it is coming.

If my company procures EXTRA... and this is the reason for my post...: we will offer it here... to a group that I LOVE. To a people that make up a community that I want to see thrive.

call me dramatic.... but take a look at NYS before you cast stones.... the wave is coming to you if you don’t hunker down, no matter where you are...I’m simply trying to share what I see before me now... and our Governor says that we (as the epicenter) are 14-21 days out from “Hardest Hit”

DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THIS VIRUS!!!! It is a blip on OUR radar as humanity. It is a SPEED BUMP against who we are as a people!!! DO NOT STOP DOING ALL YOU CAN TO HELP YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITIES! My hope is that no other states get hit as hard as we are here in Ny... my fear is that all will. Please.. all... do your best... let this situation bring out the best in you! If you believe in a God... please pray... we NEED IT.

***ive already lost people to overloaded ICUs... I have people in Kidney Failure due to this disease. Take your loved ones seriously. I pray nobody here will have to attend as many funerals as I’m personally expecting...

If you need stuff for your kid let me know I haven’t had any issues finding diapers or baby food in MD. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 12:01 AM, Estil said:

Seriously?  Are these people for real?  Please tell me that second sentence is some sort of early April Fools thing...

Could have been worse - they could have started looting the place.

We have had a couple of instances locally where people have been attacked outside of warehouse clubs and their purchases stolen.   'Tis a sad state of affairs. 

27 minutes ago, BeaglePuss said:

Massachusetts schools closed through May 4th now. I’m thinking we won’t end up going back at all this year. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. 

Yeah, VA governor closed them for the rest of the year, yesterday.

Expect this will happen across most of the country.

Minnesota's governor just gave the stay at home order. Thing is 80% of businesses are considered essential. This will stop nothing, the same amount of people will still get it because there are still so many places exempt where people interact with each other. 

Events Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I am currently the only person on the bus not wearing a face mask, and everyone is staring at me like I’m fucking crazy.

And the irony is that they're probably wearing masks that will not really prevent them from catching the virus, they'd need to stop breathing altogether.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

And the irony is that they're probably wearing masks that will not really prevent them from catching the virus, they'd need to stop breathing altogether.

That is correct. I have been dodging getting sick, and being overly cautious way before it was the thing to do. Masks and gloves are not the way to go. If anything, they will make things worse. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, B.A. said:

Minnesota's governor just gave the stay at home order. Thing is 80% of businesses are considered essential. This will stop nothing, the same amount of people will still get it because there are still so many places exempt where people interact with each other. 

So long as activity is reduced and people aren’t spending any more time than necessary in public places, it will help. Obviously a full lockdown would be more effective, but probably nobody wants that. 

We need to get the testing situation in much better shape. That would help a lot. 

• Like 2

I will take more and better pictures tomorrow, but do you all think we are being to strict right now ow is this the right  thing to do? Whenever we get a chance or every half hour, we are spraying everything people have contact, with a bleach/water solution. So many other things we are doing right now too. Curbside pickup if that’s what you want, we will stop what we are doing to get you something so you don’t have to walk around the store.  People aren’t taking to this very well. I’ve had a few verbal arguments with people, even booted a guy today for not following our rules.  @SuperJimtendo walked on right as it was going down, and it was his day off.😂. So yeah, I’d like some thoughts on the precautions we are taking please. Too much? Not enough? 

843E5E85-1025-4898-B2FE-E3E2392FD185.jpeg

18390372-4330-4DE5-B377-7D3AE57AFF11.jpeg

0EB2D707-4150-44D9-9153-0C7AD5E89744.jpeg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Just got word my little brother has tested positive.  He's in the army stationed in Alaska so I'm sure he'd get the care he needs if things took a turn.  He's young and in great shape so I'm liking the odds.

Hope your baby bro pulls thru Reed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Just got word my little brother has tested positive.  He's in the army stationed in Alaska so I'm sure he'd get the care he needs if things took a turn.  He's young and in great shape so I'm liking the odds.

From the perspective of knowing someone who has contracted this, I think this is officially as close as I've been to COVID19 at this point. I hope he recovers without issue. 

20 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I will take more and better pictures tomorrow, but do you all think we are being to strict right now ow is this the right  thing to do? Whenever we get a chance or every half hour, we are spraying everything people have contact, with a bleach/water solution. So many other things we are doing right now too. Curbside pickup if that’s what you want, we will stop what we are doing to get you something so you don’t have to walk around the store.  People aren’t taking to this very well. I’ve had a few verbal arguments with people, even booted a guy today for not following our rules.  @SuperJimtendo walked on right as it was going down, and it was his day off.😂. So yeah, I’d like some thoughts on the precautions we are taking please. Too much? Not enough? 

I think you're doing a good thing here. We shouldn't just act like this is a typical scenario. If you're following whatever guidelines are being put out there and putting them into place. I say bravo! Thanks for being a caring member of society!  I wish more people would follow suit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

10 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Please keep us updated on this if you can. Symptoms, how they deal with it and whatnot. 

• Like 1