IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

7 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

When its 50+ trillion, how are yiu going to pay for it is pretty valid

If your referring to healthcare, the estimate I heard was 30 trillion and our current system is 36 trilliom. 

The most recent study shows healthcare saving over 500 billion a year and 65,000 lives a year.

6 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

And you thinking the government is the solution to fix problems is where we wont ever agree. No need to waste your time with me.

And that condescending math teacher line is why no one likes leftists. The smug arrogants attitudes

How is it okay for the government to fix corporate problems, but it is not okay for the government to fix individual people's problems? Seems kinda backwards.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

There's always the GoCollect forums. You should check them out.

lol, politics shouldn’t be a problem over there.

Also, just an update. Stores are still fairly barren here, NW burbs of Chicago. I was able to pick up some more beef, but chicken is basically nonexistent.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/see-who-s-eligible-coronavirus-checks-senate-gop-releases-details-n1164311?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR3zhzs7WITARR3OYZtQyIFmF2CwpLwtyuJ6QweDsNBur4-Ywc99Xrwhxms&fbclid=IwAR3v6p9Oc0tZDEwHqcDd9dUXdyJ4Unt61cL_XMLM2FQyBbq5W04gidwhoq4

Latest on helicopter-money plans.

Looks like the senate plan is going to be income-tested against 2018 tax returns. (i.e. the returns we filed in 2019 for tax-year 2018)

For individuals max payout ($1200) is proposed up to $75k income, fully phased out at $99k.

For MFJ max payout ($2400) is proposed up to $150k income, fully phased out at $198k.

For people with little-to-no income tax liability (in 2018) but at least $2500 qualifying income (in 2018) payments are reduced to $600 individual and $1200 MFJ.

In all cases it is +$500 per kid, flat, no apparent income qualifiers.

Not clear from the article which income number they are using (AGI vs MAGI).

Frankly, Mnuchen's plan sounded a lot easier to implement, and the proportion of people over the limit that would be getting payments is relatively small anyway AND those people are most likely to be able to use it as discretionary income or investments, both of which "need" cash infusion at the moment.

(and that is before you get into the "gotcha's" of using last year's taxes where people have been married since that time)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/see-who-s-eligible-coronavirus-checks-senate-gop-releases-details-n1164311?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR3zhzs7WITARR3OYZtQyIFmF2CwpLwtyuJ6QweDsNBur4-Ywc99Xrwhxms&fbclid=IwAR3v6p9Oc0tZDEwHqcDd9dUXdyJ4Unt61cL_XMLM2FQyBbq5W04gidwhoq4

Latest on helicopter-money plans.

Looks like the senate plan is going to be income-tested against 2018 tax returns. (i.e. the returns we filed in 2019 for tax-year 2018)

For individuals max payout ($1200) is proposed up to $75k income, fully phased out at $99k.

For MFJ max payout ($2400) is proposed up to $150k income, fully phased out at $198k.

For people with little-to-no income tax liability (in 2018) but at least $2500 qualifying income (in 2018) payments are reduced to $600 individual and $1200 MFJ.

In all cases it is +$500 per kid, flat, no apparent income qualifiers.

Not clear from the article which income number they are using (AGI vs MAGI).

Frankly, Mnuchen's plan sounded a lot easier to implement, and the proportion of people over the limit that would be getting payments is relatively small anyway AND those people are most likely to be able to use it as discretionary income or investments, both of which "need" cash infusion at the moment.

(and that is before you get into the "gotcha's" of using last year's taxes where people have been married since that time)

Thanks for the update.

Sounds like a bs plan if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Californication said:

They are talking about Corona Virus payments and how they are getting processed.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the troll post from last night.  I certainly don't want to see that shit.  I turn those threads off, but I want to be able to read this one.  

Administrator · Posted
39 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the troll post from last night.  I certainly don't want to see that shit.  I turn those threads off, but I want to be able to read this one.  

That and recent posts both.

If you want to talk about covid stuff that's fine, but when you post a video that's loosely translated to "look at these stupid republicans", that's political.    Again, there's a political thread for a reason, head over there and bash your heart out (respecfully).

1 minute ago, captmorgandrinker said:

That and recent posts both.

If you want to talk about covid stuff that's fine, but when you post a video that's loosely translated to "look at these stupid republicans", that's political.    Again, there's a political thread for a reason, head over there and bash your heart out (respecfully).

So, hee hee, you got enough Cap'n Morgan to last ya through all this? 😄

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tabonga said:

It was felt that by rationing things that really didn't need to be rationed that the populace would have better morale since they would perceive themselves as joining the effort by making sacrifices - and working hard to end the war. 

I wonder if this would work now. There is at least some rationing going on, but I have my doubts that today’s general populace would see it as a cooperative function. 

It is still a good idea, to curtail the hoarding that many people do in a scenario like this.