IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

Holy check, that is just the cutest picture 😄

Screenshot-from-2021-03-12-16-53-48.png

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-covid-15-if-only-this-is-how-much-weight-the-average-person-actually-gained-during-the-pandemic-11615574913

Prior to the pandemic, about four in 10 Americans (some 93.3 million adults) were already obese, according to the CDC. And according to the APA’s latest “Stress in America” report, more than two in five of the surveyed adults (42%) revealed that they gained more weight than they intended over the past 12 months. And they put on 29 pounds, on average.  

In fact, one in 10 said they gained more than 50 pounds, which the APA notes is a textbook sign that people are struggling to cope with mental-health challenges. (Indeed, the report also found that one in three Americans is sleeping less during the pandemic, and more than half of parents said the level of stress in their lives has increased.) 

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Holy check, that is just the cutest picture 😄

Screenshot-from-2021-03-12-16-53-48.png

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-covid-15-if-only-this-is-how-much-weight-the-average-person-actually-gained-during-the-pandemic-11615574913

Prior to the pandemic, about four in 10 Americans (some 93.3 million adults) were already obese, according to the CDC. And according to the APA’s latest “Stress in America” report, more than two in five of the surveyed adults (42%) revealed that they gained more weight than they intended over the past 12 months. And they put on 29 pounds, on average.  

In fact, one in 10 said they gained more than 50 pounds, which the APA notes is a textbook sign that people are struggling to cope with mental-health challenges. (Indeed, the report also found that one in three Americans is sleeping less during the pandemic, and more than half of parents said the level of stress in their lives has increased.) 

Looks like I'm part of the "already obese, but didn't gain or lose any weight during the pandemic" demographic, haha.

Yeah the gym being closed lead me to cancel my gym membership.  It changed hands and reopened but it was pretty grimy before and didn’t sound like they were doing much to make it safer.

Found it hard to stay motivated working out from home.  So I picked up Ring Fit Adventure and that helped a lot.

3565C2CF-DFB4-424B-8219-79248DD43707.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fox said:

Yeah the gym being closed lead me to cancel my gym membership.  It changed hands and reopened but it was pretty grimy before and didn’t sound like they were doing much to make it safer.

Found it hard to stay motivated working out from home.  So I picked up Ring Fit Adventure and that helped a lot.

3565C2CF-DFB4-424B-8219-79248DD43707.jpeg

Gym I’ve been going to is pretty nice. Super clean and the staff really go out of the way to “enforce” mask and distancing.  I also go at 5am, so who knows what it’s like after that.

• Like 3

I have Ring Fit, used it about a month or so, but ended up doing something to my foot, then ankle, kind of stopped that cold.  It worked up a sweat and you really could feel it in the legs and stuff, but I never really noticed it making a difference.

That said I haven't changed my habits, and I already had a set of those in place after an illness like 4-5 years ago now that caused some serious weight loss over 3 weeks, so my motivation was already there to stay flat and I did.

Administrator · Posted

I've certainly gained some weight, but I'm not worrying too hard about it. I'm around 200lbs, up from 180. Might be 210, as I've not checked in a bit. 

I've personally prioritized specific things to help me get through the pastrami with my mental health in check. 

• Like 2

Second Moderna shot kicked my ass pretty good.  Got it at 8 am yesterday, started feeling crumby around 7 pm.  By 10 pm last night, I spiked a fever that topped out at 103 this morning.  Aches, chills, the whole deal.

Started to turn a corner around 4 pm today.  No fever but still feel like garbage.  Very happy to be vaccinated, but that wasn't the least bit enjoyable.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Richardhead said:

This prick has a horrible cough. Told me it’s not covid though. Just a cold and he just needs a cough drop. At least he’s got his mouth mostly covered. Overheard his phone call to his parole officer too. He being kicked out of his temporary housing at the end of the week. 

75DBD768-79BD-415B-81DB-A935995B2023.jpeg

Is it just me, or are his fingers approaching nostril territory?

I'd love to take a picture of the asses that refuse to wear masks here at my work, despite the "requirement". There's about three or four and the common denominator is they are all has-beens, bitches past their prime.

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/georgia-becomes-third-state-to-shut-down-jandj-vaccine-site/ar-BB1furcd?li=BBnb7Kz

Johnson & Johnson's coronavirus vaccine is facing a double dose of problems. Georgia is the third state to temporarily shut down a vaccine site after eight people suffered adverse reactions to the shot. 

Earlier this week, 18 people in North Carolina reported side effects, while 11 people in Colorado reacted to the shot with symptoms ranging from dizziness, nausea and fainting. 

"This is a really potent vaccine, and what we're seeing is some of that potency relating at a very rare side effect that we just have to be aware of," said Dr. David Agus, a CBS News medical contributor. 

• Like 1

We got round 1 of the moderna this afternoon, it was kinda tense because a guy passed out right before we got our doses and started seizing.. really shakes the room up in a group setting. A lady noped out really quietly after another person started crying from anxiety. Whew.

There was no way I was backing out because I wanna get this out of the way damnit!

After we got ours, mandy passed out for like 20 seconds which she kinda expected.. still kinda scary and then I felt pretty woozy and had to lie down for a couple minutes. Sore arm now and feel kinda tired, ope. Kinda an adventure.

Ready for round 2.

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 2