IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

19 hours ago, Link said:

I like that it’s single dose and can be stored / transported in less extreme temperatures. Easier to transport and cuts distribution ops in half. No downside. 

edit - there’s a reason this took longer to develop than the initial solutions. Advances are just that.

Is this bad in your opinion? Are you skeptical that more is being delivered than promised? as opposed to unfulfilled miracles predicted a year ago

Bad no, think it's a bit of political grandstanding the so fair and just media are happy to lap up like little puppies and put out there.  If Merck can pull it off, fantastic.  Right now it's moving into a phase where people with conditions moderate to severe whatever the adult age are going in for them now, so that's come up, but for normal sane non-anti-vaxxer twits, I'm not so believing they'll have this knocked out in basically 90~ days.

1 minute ago, Californication said:

@Tanooki

Did Biden say everyone that wants to get immunized, can by that date?

I thought he said there will be supply available for every adult. I assumed that meant the supply wouldnbe available, but supply chains may not be able to reach people yet, but I could have misunderstood.

Unless the press was being dodgy with the wording as I didn't like research it but I read that anyone who wanted to get the shot that's an adult could by the end of May due to the Merck handling of most of J&J's supply production problems since they're far better equipped to pump it out and deliver it.

Wear an N95 of you are concerned about getting covid and are around people who aren't.

Ebay link here

You can wear them for up to 7 days without losing integrity but just not consecutive days. I rotate mine to wear once a week. 

The main thing is how you wear the mask. Once it's on, it's on. It doesn't get touched until you take it off for break, lunch or the end of the day. Take it off by the straps.

Also, the most important thing about any mask is the fit. You want them flush to your face. This also helps them not flop around further avoiding being touched until break, lunch or the end of the day.

I've worn a N95 at work for 8+ hours for the last 6 months and after the first couple days I got completely used to it. For $2-3 a mask that can be reused if properly rotated, it ends up costing less than a tank of gas a month to be properly protected. 

I have no shame wearing them. Right now there's even a surplus from some US manufacturers right now. KN95s are also raining from the sky's and this site has them from a manufacturer that had emergency FDA approval.

Either way, with restrictions loosening and shots being injected, for those of us who haven't had a shot / aren't getting one and still want to be protected, especially during surges, we got to wear better masks and know how to wear them properly. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Wear an N95 of you are concerned about getting covid and are around people who aren't.

Ebay link here

You can wear them for up to 7 days without losing integrity but just not consecutive days. I rotate mine to wear once a week. 

The main thing is how you wear the mask. Once it's on, it's on. It doesn't get touched until you take it off for break, lunch or the end of the day. Take it off by the straps.

Also, the most important thing about any mask is the fit. You want them flush to your face. This also helps them not flop around further avoiding being touched until break, lunch or the end of the day.

I've worn a N95 at work for 8+ hours for the last 6 months and after the first couple days I got completely used to it. For $2-3 a mask that can be reused if properly rotated, it ends up costing less than a tank of gas a month to be properly protected. 

I have no shame wearing them. Right now there's even a surplus from some US manufacturers right now. KN95s are also raining from the sky's and this site has them from a manufacturer that had emergency FDA approval.

Either way, with restrictions loosening and shots being injected, for those of us who haven't had a shot / aren't getting one and still want to be protected, especially during surges, we got to wear better masks and know how to wear them properly. 

I already had covid and I get vaccinated tomorrow. Just annoys me to see people not doing their part.  Especially on public transportation. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

How are you getting it? Are you considered a "grocery store" worker?

I guess. I am literally face to face with 100s of people a day. I go tomorrow morning before work. It’s the new fancy shot too. One and done. 

Edited by Richardhead
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Is covid fog similar to migraine fog? I'm having some sizable migraine fog today, and if covid fog is similar, that really sucks!

It sounds more like the brain fog from having been on an artificial heart pump for chest surgery.  My granddad had a bypass that involved open surgery, and they used what he referred to as "the pump" -- evidently known for generating long-term brain fog.

At least, the descriptions I've read for covid-fog sound very similar to what he talked about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing some shopping and other errands before my appointment. I have a feeling I'm not going to be wanting to do much after.

None of my coworkers had any side effects. I fucking had every single one of them though.  I do feel much better already, but I am very drained today. Chills, headache, body aches and fever have all gone away though. I started feeling shitty 8 hours after the shot. I had mine early in the morning then went to work. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Those aren’t side effects, you aren’t turning into a werewolf or something. 🐺

That is your body’s natural immune response kicking in.  Some don’t feel anything and others get knocked out the day after getting their shot.  Most bounce back pretty quick after a day or so.  😊

If you can, try to get it on a Friday or consider taking the day after off.  Definitely don’t plan or working out or doing anything physical.  Just try to take it easy.

Edited by fox
  • Like 3

Wow if the May 31st date is not some artificial media-defined date, that's really encouraging.  I think it was CNN, whom not sure if I should trust much, mention that based on current timelines, the US could reach a level of herd immunity during Summer 2021. 

I take a lot of precautions myself for me and my 3yo, however I cannot say the same for his Mother, causing a year-long marathon of anxiety as a 50/50 co-parent.

This whole situation is just awful for everyone no matter their beliefs of the VID, my foggy memory of pre-covid days feels like a dream...

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 7:15 AM, fox said:

Those aren’t side effects, you aren’t turning into a werewolf or something. 🐺

That is your body’s natural immune response kicking in.  Some don’t feel anything and others get knocked out the day after getting their shot.  Most bounce back pretty quick after a day or so.  😊

If you can, try to get it on a Friday or consider taking the day after off.  Definitely don’t plan or working out or doing anything physical.  Just try to take it easy.

Technically, any unwanted effects are “side effects”. It’s just that they’re typical expected effects when an immune system is kicking into gear.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 3:28 PM, Tulpa said:

The soreness in mine peaked this morning, but it went away around noon today.

The next shot is the one I'm worried about.

I had no problems from either shot. Hoping the same for you. 

Some of my coworkers are skeptical or just waiting to see. I work with a lot of black women, so this isn’t surprising given the history of the pharmaceutical industry. I tell my experience to anyone who asks. The injection site was a little bit sore for an hour or two, but I had no other problems. For me it was about the same as any other shot. I get a flu shot every year too.

• Like 3