IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

3 hours ago, OptOut said:

kermit-wat.gif

Serious question @FenrirZero: Is English your first language? I often find it hard to parse what you're saying

Yes it is my first language. The problem is that I have a history of making references that people tend to not get. Plus I also have a history of dealing with those who make me wish it was not my primary language. Either way, the Ghana-Rhea bit is "Gonorrhea". Those who still watch Family Guy might get it. 😐

Either way, my bigger concern is the testing in Taiwan. Based on what @fcgamer stated there is a chance that "Family Guy" could have infected others after getting a negative result. And even it that is not the case, the ordeal over there might be far more serious than they are making it out to be.

Well, yes, it is concerning of course. It looks like the damage may already be done, and the virus may yet spiral out of control here in Taiwan. There are more cases daily, and the death rate is bound to rise.

I guess it WAS only a matter of time till the virus really got to us, but I cannot fault our authorities here for the way they have handled the virus. They have my full faith, even as the circumstances turn against us.

• Like 1

Taking any advice from an ass clown like John Oliver seems pretty amusing backing that up against the content of your post just before it.  People like him are one of the other/next pandemics we deal with in the social realm considering the blind faith these people get just for being amusing.

17 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Taking any advice from an ass clown like John Oliver seems pretty amusing backing that up against the content of your post just before it.  People like him are one of the other/next pandemics we deal with in the social realm considering the blind faith these people get just for being amusing.

I'm curious if you share the same opinion about people taking advice from talk-radio hosts.

32 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

So just to be clear, John Oliver is completely discredited because his show is comedy based, regardless if the information he provides is factual or not? I just want to be clear of the point you are making here. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

You certainly don't have to like John Oliver, or his brand of humor. However, he does get his facts from doctors, nurses, microbiologists, immunologists, etc. Basically NOT from the people that barley passed science yet believe they somehow know what's "really happening".

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Specific occurrence where he's pushed misinformation?

1) Yes radio included.

2) Not because it's comedy, but because he's a one sided garbage spouting typical entertainment industry ass with the classic my way or the highway attitude about issues and therefore not trustworthy.  I'd rather get it from a doctor than that clown or anyone of his sort even if is bothering to get it right around his usual fare.  It's like that classic cry wolf enough times story, no one will listen to you even if you're finally not spouting crap.

Not going to go down this rabbit hole as I know how this game works and I'm not playing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

1) Yes radio included.

2) Not because it's comedy, but because he's a one sided garbage spouting typical entertainment industry ass with the classic my way or the highway attitude about issues and therefore not trustworthy.  I'd rather get it from a doctor than that clown or anyone of his sort even if is bothering to get it right around his usual fare.  It's like that classic cry wolf enough times story, no one will listen to you even if you're finally not spouting crap.

Not going to go down this rabbit hole as I know how this game works and I'm not playing it.

I think it's a reasonable question to ask what specific issue/occurrence has led to you having this opinion about him.

• Like 2

I've seen John Oliver be wrong on the facts several times. His writers go at things from a liberal democrat perspective and misrepresent the facts every once in a while. He's much better than many of the mainstream commentators out there, but he's still on HBO and has to toe the line on some issues.

Edited by Californication

On 14 February 2021, the Ministry of Health (MoH) of Guinea informed WHO of a cluster of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) cases in the sub-prefecture of Gouécké, Nzérékoré Region, Guinea between 18 January and 13 February 2021. The cases showed symptoms of diarrhea, vomiting and bleeding after attending the burial of another relative (a 51 year-old nurse) on 1 February 2021.image.png.07f6e76c19253662b8d27a123635f43c.png

Just when you think it can't get any worse. Something so much more deadly and scary but luckily not as easily spread. 

On 2/21/2021 at 10:46 PM, avatar! said:

...that is one HELL of a thumb, lol!  The headline is funny enough, but I'm in absolute stitches about the journalists believing that 62 CM (just over 2 feet) is the size of a thumb😂

• Haha 1

Just wanted to check in and make sure you are all still at it.  Shockingly I got extremely disillusioned with the internet after dealing with this pandemic day in and day out, then losing my grandfather because someone in my family didn't think Covid was a threat.  I hope everyone is staying safe still, I missed some of you.  

• Sad 5

Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

Just wanted to check in and make sure you are all still at it.  Shockingly I got extremely disillusioned with the internet after dealing with this pandemic day in and day out, then losing my grandfather because someone in my family didn't think Covid was a threat.  I hope everyone is staying safe still, I missed some of you.  

Really sorry to hear about your grandfather. Hope you're doing OK mentally, in spite of that and having to face the pandemic head-on. I also hope the loss of your grandfather gave that person in your family a new perspective on the disease, but knowing people like that personally, my hopes aren't high.

We're all doin' OK, best as I can tell. Me and my family did come down with it last month, but very thankfully we all only had very minor cases of it, and the only lasting effect of it has been the partial loss of my ability to taste and smell, but hopefully that won't last forever, and I'm just glad I didn't completely lose it like some people have. Initially I did, but very slowly it's been coming back. Of course none of the other people in my family even experienced that symptom, just me. Lucky bastards, haha. None of us even experienced trouble breathing or anything, and only one of us even got a minor fever, so we definitely got very lucky in that regard. Especially my father, who despite being an overweight asthmatic with a family history of many many other health issues, came out of it completely fine, which was a big concern for me as we were going through it. I'm just glad we're just barely starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with this whole catastrophe.

Still though, enough talkin' about us, how are things going with you? Hopefully as well as things could be going, despite the circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Really sorry to hear about your grandfather. Hope you're doing OK mentally, in spite of that and having to face the pandemic head-on. I also hope the loss of your grandfather gave that person in your family a new perspective on the disease, but knowing people like that personally, my hopes aren't high.

We're all doin' OK, best as I can tell. Me and my family did come down with it last month, but very thankfully we all only had very minor cases of it, and the only lasting effect of it has been the partial loss of my ability to taste and smell, but hopefully that won't last forever, and I'm just glad I didn't completely lose it like some people have. Initially I did, but very slowly it's been coming back. Of course none of the other people in my family even experienced that symptom, just me. Lucky bastards, haha. None of us even experienced trouble breathing or anything, and only one of us even got a minor fever, so we definitely got very lucky in that regard. Especially my father, who despite being an overweight asthmatic with a family history of many many other health issues, came out of it completely fine, which was a big concern for me as we were going through it. I'm just glad we're just barely starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with this whole catastrophe.

Still though, enough talkin' about us, how are things going with you? Hopefully as well as things could be going, despite the circumstances.

Thankfully my uncle has since changed his mind about all of it, I just wish it didn't come at the cost it did.  Mentally I was pretty rough for awhile, getting home from a 12 hour shift and drinking myself to sleep 5 nights a week.  I finally had to use our hospital psych services and thankfully that helped enough.  I'm back to just social fun drinking at least, but I still have strong urges to hit people with their charts when I start hearing a conspiracy theory.  I am also glad we are making some progress, but I think the minor restrictions still in place will remain for the entire year of 2021 (masks in stores, limited capacity in major venues).  

Thanks for sharing though, and I'm glad you and your family are all okay!  My brother didn't have taste or smell for 3 months and it finally came back, so hopefully that's the case for you too.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

Hope you are doing okay now. I noticed you hadn't posted in a while.

• Like 2